• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Maine Rd - Sunday

Great to be talking football! We all have our opinions. Whatever the performance we're 9 games from Wembley and another more pennies in the bank!

Team selection on Tuesday will be interesting.

I think the balance of the midfield is wrong at the minute. Baily on the left doesn't work as he is not left footed or a natural wide man.

Lets not forget we are still winning,so Ian must be getting it right somewhere.If you look at the teams record since we started I bet it is second to none,in the level we are at,so keep up the good work.

Yeah i agree Toddy, lets get off the players backs, me included.

Lets support whatever team Ian puts out

We ALL have our own favourites but his decision is all the counts.

Agreed I thought we were poor today for long periods and miss Raz more then we think. Also thought Beadle should have started in front of both Short and Hurst.
However we are all discussing our football and it doesn't get any better than that.

This should be our team whenever everyone is available - GK Conkie RB Mitchell LB Duckworth CB Aston CB Farnworth RW Abdullah CM Wooley/Bailey CM Ward LW Connor STR Brandon STR Beadle

We are a left winger short imo because as good as razza is i dont think that the wing is his natural position, but since he got injured the left wing has bin an obivous problem for us

I agree a good left winger would be a great asset to us.

I thought Matty did start on the left on Sunday, but drifted back in to the middle. I think it does highlight one area of the team where we don't have any cover.

Matty has bin getting a fair bit of unfair stick recently about apparently being off form but people seem to forget that it's the manager that is putting him in a position where he isn't effective

Ward just seems lost at the minute. Back to how he was when he first started at the club, and his attitude (petulance) will get him into trouble in the future. Surely Sakeel is the obvious choice for the wide birth? Not sure if he'll stay around if he isn't getting game time.

I think that the solution to all this debate is to get a bespoke version of 'Championship Manager' produced which includes the NWCFL and then all us keyboard and terrace managers can make all the important decisions re team selection without having to carry the can for them!

I'm betting that Freddie Shallcross would play 4-2-4 every time and his first signing would be Phil Coffin!

Personally I am just thankful to be talking about football again and not the latest issues relating to The Management.
With apologies to Hale and Pace

I think that the solution to all this debate is to get a bespoke version of 'Championship Manager' produced which includes the NWCFL and then all us keyboard and terrace managers can make all the important decisions re team selection without having to carry the can for them!

I'm betting that Freddie Shallcross would play 4-2-4 every time and his first signing would be Phil Coffin!

......with big John McAliskey up front!

......with big John McAliskey up front!

Nah ..... Fred would be aiming higher, it'd be Aaron Burns at the top of his wish list :D

Reactions: Ben
Nah ..... Fred would be aiming higher, it'd be Aaron Burns at the top of his wish list :D
Throw in Jason Danskin and Charlie Boyd, and you will never hear him moan again!!!!!!!!

Back