• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Maine Rd - Sunday

SteveR

I Live Here
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
Web site still says kick off 3pm. Can we get it changed in case any casuals decide to come down on for the game.

Why is Mike Brandon not available tomorrow is he on holiday?.

Well that was hard work!

Sloppy at the back, second to everything and lucky to be one down at half time, even if the goal was offside.
Matt Woolley made a huge difference when he came on & Matty Beadly looks a quality player.

Couldn't fault the commitment though & we're in the next round & still unbeaten :)

Poor first half, very good second half.

Matty Ward just doesn't look interested, start with Sakky on Tuesday!

Not our greatest showing by many miles both individually and collectively

I'm sure that both Ian and the players will want to improve on things this coming Tuesday.

But as others have said, a win is a win and particuarly important in a cup-tie.

Credit though to Ian for switching things round - and early - as I though that all his changes made improvements in key areas of the park.

So, £1500 banked and just Prescot between us, the First Qualifying Round, a great away day and a big pay day (which should keep the Treasurer happ!).

The first half I agree we were atrocious, the worst I have seen us play, but the 2nd was better and we were lucky to get through but its still a good win and hopefully we will improve as the weeks go by. Missed Mike Brandon's work rate in the game as he always tries for mostly everything, but hope he enjoyed his day and comes back refreshed for Tuesday.

The only consolation for that game was that we won!

Can't see Ian taking many positives out of the performance. Granted the wind helped spoil the game but our defence looked so nervous in the first half misplacing so many passes and putting pressure on themselves. Craig had his worse game ever but didn't deserve to be sent off, there was cover in the middle and their forward still had loads to do.
Great free kick from Short to get us back in it and Beadle deserved his goal as he made a big difference when he came on.

I hope Ian looks closely at Matty Wards last two performances, tries hard but just not helping the team at the moment . We have lots of options up front and I feel it's time he is left out.

Also Ducko's distribution from left back has been poor recently. Gets into great positions then lets himself down with his delivery.

Money in the bank is welcome and hopefully more to come from the Prescott Cables game.

Lets not forget the wind today,it made it very hard for the players to control the ball and pass it.In the first half defending was no easy matter and mistakes were bound to happen.So well played to the lad's and a good win.

Think Sakeel needs a start - maybe Tuesday or let him loose at Bacup next week. Highlights for me show their goal must have been offside as I found it hard to find the guy as he was that far ahead of the play and Mitch was covering Craig s faux pas so a yellow only for me but we battled well and just about deserved it overall, need to pull our socks up though in the next few weeks - Cables will be an altogether harder game.

Wardy 54 mins and DT 43 mins, been whizzing through to just get the main bits uploaded - should be online in the next hour or so.

Worst performance I have seen!

Did Baily turn up?

What were Farnworth, Aston and Thomas playing at, awful.

Mitchell's positioning is terrible!

Ward very poor again!

As a few have said, just no positives too take.

Still as many said, a win is a win!

Back