• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Maine Rd - Sunday

Understand what you saying Chubs but did you understand what Farnworth and Aston were playing at first half?

Mitchell needs a rest, 3rd poor game on the run

Worst performance I have seen!

Did Baily turn up?

What were Farnworth, Aston and Thomas playing at, awful.

Mitchell's positioning is terrible!

Ward very poor again!

As a few have said, just no positives too take.

Still as many said, a win is a win!

No positives to take?

A win, a few learning points for Ian and the team(as I said in my ealier post, not our finest hour), but through to the next round and £1500!

Jeesh Eva, get things in perspective eh?

There is an old Chinese proverb that says "before you criticise someone, first walk a mile in their shoes". I am not saying the lads are beyond criticism - far from it but a little understanding and maybe regarding the conditions, a 2-1 win for ten men maybe receiving a little more encouragement would be more positive. Have you never had an off day?

I agree the back four didn't have there best game today.
but for Christ sake do you need to come on here and tear them to pieces
just take a look at the stats from last season the least goals against by a mile

this season 3 goals against from 4 games hardly relegation form is it
I think they were due an off day and thankfully we are in the hat for the next round
Worst performance I have seen!

Did Baily turn up?

What were Farnworth, Aston and Thomas playing at, awful.

Mitchell's positioning is terrible!

Ward very poor again!

As a few have said, just no positives too take.

Still as many said, a win is a win!

This just shows how far we have come. Expectations are so high now, so a below par performance is a shock these days!

Despite winning our first ever FA Cup game, earning very good prize money and keeping an excellent unbeaten run going, the lads were also disappointed with the performance. There will come a time when we play like Brazil (no make that Germany!) and they don't get the result they deserve. Swings and roundabouts. So I'll take that result today, thank the Players and the Management Team for writing more history, also be grateful that we had very good support on what was a rubbish day weather wise and move on to another tough game on Tuesday evening.

Now the '74 :scarf:

It's always a good sign when you play that badly and win!!

Improvement needed for the league leaders Tuesday.

Might be time for matty ward to have a sit on the bench for a bit...started to look not interested again!

Spot on chubs. All of us an remember over the years our various teams at all levels playing well and yet losing.today we didn't play well and some of our defending was poor but We got the result that we wanted.

the lads will know that they didn't play anywhere near as good as they can today, but I tell you what: they will be going all out to put that right.

The main thing for me is the committement is there.
If the players weren't trying then we'd have big problems, as it is they all pretty much had a mare today but kept plugging away and got the result.

Woolley needs to start and we still have an issue on the left without Razza.
Is Wardy getting more attention from the opposition & stopping him playing? Great delivery for the winner mind.

Not the best performance today, and no one will know that more than Streety and the lads. However, lets look at the positives. A win is a win, thats what is important in a cup competition, heads did not go down and the team pulled together to get the result. Superb free kick from Shorty.
Its all to easy to criticise, but every player on the park today gave 100% and we can not ask for more. 18 months ago we would have been over the moon to be where we are now. Lets not forget that.
Well done on the result boys. #COYG

I didn't go to the game yesterday so can't comment on the performance but I think we have to remember where we've come from as a club whether it's voting to form the club, finding a ground to play in, securing a place in a league, voting for a new kit and starting slowly last season and still going up.

7 points from 9 in the league, progression in the FA Cup and one round away from what is sure to be a big money-spinner against FC United. I for one am proud of what we have achieved.

We are going to have days like this when it doesnt work for us. If you can have those days and still win then it shows you have something. Despite a difficult afternoon I saw that the team did not give up, came from behing ( scored a great free kick ), drove on with 10 men, and got the job done.

This season we are facing better opposition, who are better organised and more tactically aware - and we are competing well.

Being a football fan is 95% frustration and 5% elation, so far with 1874 its been 95% elation and only 5% frustration.

Keep the faith and when the going is tough - Get behind the lads even more!!

And don't forget they were also handicapped by me being there. At long last I've seen my first win, though sorely tempted by suggestions that I start the journey home at 2:15. A poor performance first half with no width, a shaky defence and more passes back than forward, but turned it round after the break and once Maine Rd had left such an inviting gap for that free kick it was clear we had the determination and commitment to finish the job. In the end, a win is a win, so let's look forward to a good long cup run. :scarf:

In my opinion it seemed that FA Cup nerves had got to the lads who looked very uneasy and the performance on the pitch was also reflected on the terraces, until we scored and started to believe we could actually pull it off.

Would like to see Sakki played much earlier rather than the last 10-15 mins and need to have more concentration and decisive passing for the next round if we're to continue our FA Cup run and dream of playing our friends FCUM.

A win is a win no matter how it's won

I agree the back four didn't have there best game today.
but for Christ sake do you need to come on here and tear them to pieces
just take a look at the stats from last season the least goals against by a mile

this season 3 goals against from 4 games hardly relegation form is it
I think they were due an off day and thankfully we are in the hat for the next round

Couldn't agree more Mick. As frustrating as yesterday was to watch, I think sometimes as fans we need to temper our expectations a little and remember the level that we are playing at. ..... Just saying.;)

Strange how we see things differently. I thought Bails had a better game than most and was surprised ( as was he I think?) that he was the one subbed. Wardy did seem to struggle to get into the game, but for anyone to question his interest yesterday ..... really?:rolleyes:

We'll have better performances, but thankfully probably no worse this season. Bottom line is we won and we're £1.5k better off than we were at 1.25 yesterday .... and oh yes .... that prize money is OURS and won't mysteriously be salted away without explanation ;) I guarantee yesterday's frustrations will soon be forgotten if we pick up three points tomorrow night.:scarf: COY'74

Reactions: Ben
Class is permanent, form is temporary, Matty Ward will be performing back to his best soon, as for Mitchell, I thought he played very well yesterday, and adapted to fit in at CB after the dodgey red card, Hursty needs more game time after missing most of the preseason, Beadle and Short looked very sharp, impressed with Shorts work rates.

I think, if possible, we should play the exact same team as we did at Blackpool away, Aston at LB with either Razza or Wardy on left, Sakeel also needs games, impressed when he came on.

Matt Woolley, as ever, controlled the midfield for us.

Paul Connor shouldn't have got man of the match in my opinion, spent large spells of the game absent from play

Sure we will see a better performance Tuesday night!

Reactions: Tez
Good points Jack. We'll win more games than we lose this season and the squad, despite a few occasional stutters here and there, is heading in the right direction. We on a great roller coaster ride and it's OUR roller coaster ride; just hang on tight folks and enjoy it ;)

And if you are still in any doubt, cast an eye over to Trafford .... and remember what you could've had. :cool::scarf:

#the future's bright, the future's 1874 ;):scarf:

My man of the match, for sheer effort and his freekick got us back in the game would of been Dave Short

Matt Conkie would have been my man of the match for having to put up with the stress and frustration of constant lacklustre pass backs.... ;)

Back