• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

linnets away

Linnets played the officials the whole match and the officials handed Linnets the 3 points.

I don't even think it was a penalty.

What is done is done but it won't be forgotten about.

You guys are unbelievable! Didn't think it was a penalty, what planet are you on! It was as clear a penalty as has ever been awarded, your centre half was very late in the tackle and got nowhere near the ball. Put your glasses on and watch the video.

And while your watching it make note of all the Northwich players hanging around inside the box and moaning to the red trying to delay the penalty and get in our lads heads.

And you say we played the ref all day

Sorry stebiggy your photo proves nothing it just shows two players playing football.

What's wrong with both feet leaving the ground? The important part is he tackled with ONE foot, he wasn't over the ball and he took the ball cleanly.

I love the fact that you're happy to use picture evidence in your favour but have completely ignored the picture I posted with Ward going over the top into Wadeys ankle.

The ref got it spot on, end of story .

You've watched the video footage Ste, including the slow motion? Wade leaps into the tackle with both feet off the ground initially (illegal manoeuvre on most football fields); whether he had one foot on the ground when he landed makes no difference, the challenge was dangerous. I have based this not only on the still photo but also the video. I have not ignored Ward going over the ball, although the photo you've provided is inclusive either way as is the video .... so yes Ward COULD be guilty. I'm amazed that despite the evidence before you, you too could not admit that there has to be some element of culpability on Wade's part also?

The video also shows no 7s foot stop when it hits Matty's side on causing him to loose balance 2 inches higher and a sure break.

Definitely not a penalty! Linnets player is a fraud.

You need to have a closer look at the speed at which the Linnets players 'falls' over, exaggerated followed by rolling in agony, followed by get up quick and jog off a bit like what Wade did. Is this the tactics being taught by Linnets management?

I was stood 10 yards away from it. It was a penalty then and its even more of a penalty watching the video.

You must surely be winding me up here, every other post I've seen from your fans have said that it was a penalty, that's Twitter and this Forum.

If you don't think that's a penalty you need to find a new hobby.

Ste got a lot of time for linnets but did you see your players antics when we had a penalty earlier in the season at our place which we missed
Looked a penalty in real time but not seen the video yet
Maybe see you soon

I was stood 10 yards away from it. It was a penalty then and its even more of a penalty watching the video.

You must surely be winding me up here, every other post I've seen from your fans have said that it was a penalty, that's Twitter and this Forum.

If you don't think that's a penalty you need to find a new hobby.

I was at the other end of the pitch, I wasn't wearing my glasses but can still categorically confirm that it was definitely not a penalty

Ste,I was close to Wade / Ward incident and I think it was a definite foul by Wade. I was nowhere near the penalty but was sure it was a penalty. Mustlook at video!
As to the comments about the ground,my main moan would be that you don't have your own bar! I don't like contributing to the publican,want to give it the club(and he had no real ale on anyway). I hope you get promotion and hope to meet up again next year or soon after (in the Unibond not with you back in the NWCFL).

Ste,I was close to Wade / Ward incident and I think it was a definite foul by Wade. I was nowhere near the penalty but was sure it was a penalty. Mustlook at video!
As to the comments about the ground,my main moan would be that you don't have your own bar! I don't like contributing to the publican,want to give it the club(and he had no real ale on anyway). I hope you get promotion and hope to meet up again next year or soon after (in the Unibond not with you back in the NWCFL).

The issue about a bar has existed since day one for us. I think there are licensing issues being next door to en existing pub when our clubhouse was never intended as a bar ( it used to be a gym ).

The club have a good relationship with the pub though, the pub do all the after match catering. Your doing no harm spending money in there, it's probably not a real ale establishment though!

Thanks for the good luck message!

06 Mar 2015 : Matt Atherton red card appeal successful

Earlier today a Cheshire County FA Disciplinary Commission heard a claim of wrongful dismissal from Runcorn Linnets following the red card shown to Matt Atherton in last weekend's home game against 1874 Northwich. The club has now been notified by the County FA that the appeal has been upheld with the suspension an

So our video 'on Youtube' doesn't show enough of the incident that got Chappy sent off but the Linnets video shows enough for Atherton's appeal to be upheld.

On the other hand our video shows enough of Wardy's incident for an appeal to be upheld where as the Linnets video would not.

Where can we view the Linnets video?

Last edited:
So I believe Matt.

Anyone any idea where we can view the Linnets video so we can confirm chappy's red?

Is there any truth in the rumour that Linnets wouldn't release their match day video to 1874?

Any reason why we can't have official confirmation with a yes or no?

Don't see the point would in filming a match if its not going to be released for viewing?

They were very quick to use ours against Wardy but the truth in that tackle is confirmed a few frames before contact.

Back