• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, although there was a frost last night (slightly lower temperature forecast for tonight admittedly) there was no evidence of ground frost around here at 7am and the ground was certainly soft and muddy where I walked this morning come 9am. Hopefully the pitch covers employed will help the situation over the next 36 hours and we’ll have a game.
If the game doesn’t happen Saturday then, given next week’s forecasted temperatures, there will be doubt about the following Saturday; at which point we will then host the tie instead. Obviously (aside of AlanM :D) this is the last thing any of us want. I’m confident LT will pull out all the stops however and we can all look forward to a game of football come 3pm Saturday :scarf:

Hopefully all will be OK for the game on Sat and it will go ahead as planned - but at what point would the game be called off, as lots of fans are likely to be already on the bus journey.
I guess then you would have no chance of getting any travel or ticket costs back ?

Hopefully all will be OK for the game on Sat and it will go ahead as planned - but at what point would the game be called off, as lots of fans are likely to be already on the bus journey.
I guess then you would have no chance of getting any travel or ticket costs back ?
Obviously you can still come and eat all the Pies :)

Any inspection needs to be at 10ish to see if there is potentially an issue which will need a further inspection later.

If the game doesn’t happen Saturday then, given next week’s forecasted temperatures, there will be doubt about the following Saturday; at which point we will then host the tie instead. Obviously (aside of AlanM :D) this is the last thing any of us want.

Message from Brussels - I'd be quite happy with a one-week postponement, LB is a lot closer for me than a trek up to mid-Cheshire.

But seriously, I do not wish a postponement on any of the travelling masses and I have every confidence in it going ahead this weekend. I will be tuning in from around 4 expecting some good news. :scarf:

Hopefully the game will be on tomorrow, I know as a Wittoner im not supposed to wish you luck but im going to anyway, even if you win the Vase and get lots of new support at least it creates interest in local football!
I'm looking forward to driving a coachload to Leighton tomorrow and hopefully Wembley in a few weeks time.

Right, my final comments on the matter .... promise.
In Cambridge -
Fact - there was a ground frost last night. Car temperature at 7am was -1, rising to 1degree + by 8am.
Fact - at 4pm the ground around here is not only free from frost, it is also soft.
Fact - depending on which forecast you read, the overnight temperature will not fall below -3 in Leighton Buzzard, with daytime temperatures rising to between 1-5 degrees.

Opinion - if the inspecting referee can use some common sense, while the ground might still be a tad hard and with (maybe) still a slight frost in evidence at say 8am, I really can’t see conditions not improving within 60-90 minutes, sufficient for the LT pitch to be playable (assuming there are no other factors to consider). As far as I can see, no reason for doom and gloom about matchday prospects. Leighton will want the game on as much as we do and I expect they will have pulled out all the stops to make that possible and I also expect the match referee to give pitch every chance of successfully passing inspection by not making a decision any earlier than he/she needs to based on the predicted weather forecast for the day.

Let’s face it, the Baltic weather conditions suggested for the coming week make the prospects of us reconvening, same place, same time, next week, extremely slim. Fixture backlogs for both clubs make rescheduling the game for a fortnight‘s time an unwelcome prospect too, particularly from the Town perspective, as by then they will have reverted to the visiting club in this tie.

See you all tomorrow. Come on, surely this game going to happen? :scarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back