• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town Match Stuff

Had a great day out yesterday. Like to thank Vicky and co for the excellent organisation with the buses, the amazing 1874 fans who never stopped singing and were credit to the club and the team who played with grit , determination and superb planning.
Never saw the trouble as was standing on half way line. Shame it spoilt a perfect day otherwise for some esp under 7s. Can’t wait for semis whoever it is. All will be difficult.
Amazing achievement for our team and great season so far in Cup competitions. Will be difficult in the league with so many games to play.

Right - match and other usual matchday stuff only on this thread please.

Any other stuff will be deleted because it’s easier than moving it.

Given the unfounded flack some of you lot regularly throw at us (Linnets), coupled with the belief that your team are all holier than thou, it’s been really funny to read some of the Leighton Town fans social media views on yesterday’s game.

“Diving, timewasting cheats” is a phase that’s been repeated a few times :).

Yeah, you might’ve picked up though that people from Leighton are not representative of the pick of the gene pool.

Didn’t see any diving to be honest - from either side - and I was personally wishing towards the end, when it was getting a little nervy, that we did start wasting some time! Still much to be learnt on that front ;)

Anyhoo, not wishing to let the thread drift too far away from the intended subject ;)

It was a good win. Not the best performance i’ve seen recently, but the lads got the job done. We move on to tomorrow’s draw with much excitement and anticipation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still no indication of what the Official gate recount is, an estimated guess of 800 is simply not good enough considering it's an equal three way split.

If they still don't know what the gate numbers were, they should tell us the total amount taken from the gates and leave the maths to us

A reasonable synopsis of the game in the LT manager's post-match interview. If chances had been taken (by either team) the outcome might have been different. as he says "fine margins".

Still no indication of what the Official gate recount is, an estimated guess of 800 is simply not good enough considering it's an equal three way split.

If they still don't know what the gate numbers were, they should tell us the total amount taken from the gates and leave the maths to us
I'm sure it will all be sorted out in due course. The FA will require their share too.

As Richard said, the officials were mic’ed up yesterday.

What’s the deal with that. Their choice?

As Richard said, the officials were mic’ed up yesterday.

What’s the deal with that. Their choice?
They seemed to enjoy it as well. lot of chuckling from the liner on the cricket pitch side.
I am surprised to see here was no time wasting according to our spectators. Greg was playing and if he could slow it down he did. Other than that there was not a lot. As for diving I saw none although there was some over acing when hit at times.

“Diving, timewasting cheats” is a phase that’s been repeated a few times :).

There’s a good video of the highlights here from a neutral who attended the match if you would like to make your own mind up rather than reading rose-tinted, sour fans Ste -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A very close game and one that the players, management and fans handled exceptionally.

The actual Leighton fans and townsfolk were welcoming and I enjoyed my time there - apart from the unsavory scenes that the security finally got a handle on and is covered under the split thread.

There did seem an awful lot more than 800 there, certainly above the 1k mark.

The performance was dogged and determined. We looked lively on the break and absorbed their pressure well. eagerly awaiting the draw later today and to see which new pastures we will be taking in.

Reactions: Ben
Back