• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town Match Stuff

Nicki

Administrator
Forum Staff
Jun 24, 2013
Yessssssss!
Nerves are ripped to shreds - shouldn’t be, should’ve just had faith in the lads.

Greg immense today - held on to everything on a sticky, bobbly pitch.

Better (footballing) team won, decent-ish ref, and not really any of the histrionics from their players we’d heard about.

Great scenes at the end. Tough luck on the 100 genuine week-in, week-out LT fans.

Well done to all today, team, supporters, staff etc...great win and a step from wembley.
Going to be a tough semi against one of 3 quality sides left but these lads are fighters and stand a good chance on their day.
:scarf::scarf::scarf:.

Yessssssss!
Nerves are ripped to shreds - shouldn’t be, should’ve just had faith in the lads.

Greg immense today - held on to everything on a sticky, bobbly pitch.

Better (footballing) team won, decent-ish ref, and not really any of the histrionics from their players we’d heard about.

Great scenes at the end. Tough luck on the 100 genuine week-in, week-out LT fans.
Obviously watching a different game to myself then Daisy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to all today, team, supporters, staff etc...great win and a step from wembley.
Going to be a tough semi against one of 3 quality sides left but these lads are fighters and stand a good chance on their day.
:scarf::scarf::scarf:.
Obviously if you get another crooked ref it would help.

Out fought. Out thought. Out of the cup.

To the genuine fans from Leighton Town Fc, the best of luck in your quest for promotion.

To the group who spent the entire game staring at the ‘74 fans, chanting obscenities and generally looking for trouble ....... you should’ve saved your £6 and stayed at home.

Cert penalty great support and a workmanlike performance and idiots from Leighton,
Not one of them would have done or said anything if they were on their own, spotty kids

I was speaking to the Leighton right backs Dad in the clubhouse after the game and he agreed that the penalty was definitely correct, as did the RB. Both teams didn’t offer too much after that and it was pretty much whoever made the least mistakes who would progress IMO - which to our credit was us. Fair play to him he said he hopes we go on to win it now. He also said they never have any trouble usually so I wouldn’t attribute those with them. Hopefully they go on to win their league now!

Better team won. Absorbed the pressure very well at the end. The pitch was awful and was a real leveller. Would have been a totally different story on a good pitch.

Weymouth58 is talking rubbish. These refs were clearly from a higher level and did a good job.

Good to see so many greens there, maybe 400 of us the!

Great to see the win meaning just as much to the players as it does to the fans.

[QUOTE="Nicki, post: 49371,
NIcki (or are we now to refer to you as Daisy?) I was one of those at Wolves who moaned of their complaining and cheating. I saw little of that today and did not see any complaining to the ref, or about him. I was much more impressed with them today, in fact if anyone tried to con the ref today he was in green and not red.
And to describe the ref as "decent-ish" - even I (and come to that I was fairly close to Fred and did not hear him either) did not have a go at the ref so he must have been pretty good-ish!! I liked the fact they were wired up and talked to each other.
Not the best of games but that was because of the pitch. Hopefully the semis will be played on pitches in better condition and be better spectacles.

[QUOTE="Nicki, post: 49371,
NIcki (or are we now to refer to you as Daisy?) I was one of those at Wolves who moaned of their complaining and cheating. I saw little of that today and did not see any complaining to the ref, or about him. I was much more impressed with them today, in fact if anyone tried to con the ref today he was in green and not red.
And to describe the ref as "decent-ish" - even I (and come to that I was fairly close to Fred and did not hear him either) did not have a go at the ref so he must have been pretty good-ish!! I liked the fact they were wired up and talked to each other.
Not the best of games but that was because of the pitch. Hopefully the semis will be played on pitches in better condition and be better spectacles.

I answer to most things! :)

Yeah, I actually thought all officials were very good... no nonsense, more interested in officiating and doing their jobs than making it all about them, but I just didn’t want to go overboard. :D

Back