• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town Match Stuff

Given on FA site as 800 exactly. The other three were each 4 figures

800 seemed to be a bit of a guess. They did not collect or even seem to count tickets already sold as we went in. However, 1% of games should end in such a round figure.

I would put the actual attendance as at least 1500, tremendous support from 1874 despite the local thugs doing their best to spoil things off the pitch!
I would like to add a huge thank you to Vicky for the organisation of the coaches and to all who were passengers on Coach 1 it was a pleasure driving you today and hopefully I will have the pleasure again in the Semi and the Final!
See im not all bad for a Wittoner

I would put the actual attendance as at least 1500, tremendous support from 1874 despite the local thugs doing their best to spoil things off the pitch!
I would like to add a huge thank you to Vicky for the organisation of the coaches and to all who were passengers on Coach 1 it was a pleasure driving you today and hopefully I will have the pleasure again in the Semi and the Final!
See im not all bad for a Wittoner

Lucky charm matey, will request your support in the next round!

I want to thank the fantastic Green Army for today. What a following! Wonderful encouragement for the boys. And thank you for concentrating on the football, despite some issues off the park during 90 minutes. You showed your class.

It was great to have our Little 74 with us, very proud how they handled their first away day. I think they will need their own coach next round, they will all be there with parents. Amazing.

Don't we have a lovely little club!

Finally, a very touching moment when the supporters remembered Paul Stockton. My God, he would have loved all of this. I am sure he is looking down from the very highest pedestal, very proud.

Thank you!

Another great win and performance from the team, management and fans. Superb support as ever and great to see winning it meant so much to our lads. Fair play to their players for applauding our support at the end.

In terms of the game, we bossed it without making many clear-cut chances and made it harder for ourselves than we should have done. That said, we never really looked like conceding and I always had the faith we'd see it out. I thought the ref did a good job on the whole and it was a stonewall pen!

The better team won. Leighton were very average. Not sure how they're where they are in the league. It must be a poor standard. Worse than both Chichester and Pontefract for me, but taking nothing away from our lads. It's a superb achievement to get to the semi-finals of a national competition and just one round from Wembley. Bring on whoever in the next round!

As for some of their 'fans'. Disgusting behaviour. No place for that in any football game. I would hazard a guess they'd never been to a Leighton game in their lives. Took away from what was an otherwise special occasion.

Well done 74 though!

Last edited:
Can only echo what has been written by others -best team won, Leighton FC did themselves credit but were not as good as Chichester, young fans were a poor show and should have had more marshals.

Referee was excellent in the first half but it shows the standard of refereeing I am used to that I was genuinely surprised he gave the pen ,stonewall as it was, as so many refs fail to have the courage to give them ,particularly in a big game.

Thank goodness no 45 minute delay on the M25 home as there was on the way going.

Overall I have to say that was good day out. It wasn't a pretty game and as someone said earlier, this was one of those games where whoever made the fewest mistakes would get through and thankfully that was us. Also as others have said, the ref wasn't too half bad either.

Our support, though, was something else. There must've been 350-400 of our lot there and we all made a huge racket and probably really gave the lads a lift throughout the game and it was good to see them joining in with the chants in the clubhouse afterwards. Their 'support' was disappointing, but let's not forget that the ones that were causing the bother won't have been regulars by a long way and those that were regular fans were not happy with their actions and indeed wouldn't dream of causing trouble with away fans. Shame it happened though, especially when there young kids on the receiving end and didn't have fun because of that.

Anyway, we're through to the semi finals and a round away from Wembley. Doesn't sound too bad does it?! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

So you won the game, by scoring a penalty, and the referee had an excellent game. Hhmmmnnn....;)

Congratulations on the win! Your almost there!

Madness. Was like being a Linnets fan for the day. Opposition fans moaning about the ref and accusations of diving.

So I guess we should thank you for the lesson on Tuesday, we learnt it from the best ;):D

Great day out ,Players gave everything and the support was amazing.never expected so many to travel. Great to see the U7s having so much fun.
What a job the management, players, Board and volunteers are doing . THANK YOU.:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

I want to thank the fantastic Green Army for today. What a following! Wonderful encouragement for the boys. And thank you for concentrating on the football, despite some issues off the park during 90 minutes. You showed your class.

It was great to have our Little 74 with us, very proud how they handled their first away day. I think they will need their own coach next round, they will all be there with parents. Amazing.

Don't we have a lovely little club!

Finally, a very touching moment when the supporters remembered Paul Stockton. My God, he would have loved all of this. I am sure he is looking down from the very highest pedestal, very proud.

Thank you!

Would it be possible to get a flag with a picture of paul on for next round .Maybe that picture of paul with the tray of pies or something similar,
Im sure we could get enough of us to chip in to pay for it. I defo would.:scarf:

Would it be possible to get a flag with a picture of paul on for next round .Maybe that picture of paul with the tray of pies or something similar,
Im sure we could get enough of us to chip in to pay for it. I defo would.:scarf:

Excellent idea Thoughts Richard, Chris?

It’s just a small town near Luton :D

And I’d just add, that chant was never used yesterday, we had far too much class and were too busy getting behind OUR team :scarf: - unlike the unfortunate sad scrouts in the corner ;)
Nice one Tez. As you know I'm not an 1874 fan but was horrified to hear a small group of their lot were throwing coins at fellow town folk, a couple of my pals were down there with their kids. Never seen a hard man throw a coin at anyone in my life :rolleyes:

Back