• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Just for fun Atherton colls v formby

I, for one would prefer to stay in this league with the moral high ground of a Supporters owned club matched by our attendances than be like Formby with minimal support or another club owned by one individual who decides everything and tells the supporters nothing.

To be fair though, Formby have achieved promotion despite the (disappointing & frustrating for them I'm sure) small crowds they've attracted.

Agree however, moving forward I'd much rather have the foundation and the growing momentum we're gradually creating as a club, than to be in Formby or Nelson's boots next season.

Reactions: Ben
Worth mentioning that the wonderful promotion push was achieved within the playing budget set by the Board. No hopeful punts, pumping in money we didn't have or couldn't realise, and no individual opening up their wallet to supplement the wage bill. I believe the promotion fight we've enjoyed this season can and will continue next season (and beyond if necessary) because as a fan owned club the Board has gone about doing things in the right way, with a clear and transparent Business Plan; the fans know this and more importantly trust this, and that is what sets us apart from our cohorts. It's also the reason why we remain optimistic and forward thinking this weekend , despite the obvious disappointment we've experienced.

Back