• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"JRFC WILL NEVER RETURN TO NORTHWICH"

I think we just have to focus on what we're doing on and off the pitch. I believe some people are getting too bogged down with 'Vics' moving back to Northwich. Yes, they may attract a few fans back, but this is about MUCH more than simply where they play. Most of us would travel anywhere to see our club.
The main issue which prompted us to set-up a new club was our disillusionment with the way the club we used to support was run and the hope of being part of a better, fan-run club where we have a voice. I think for most of us that dream has been realised and we just need to keep doing what we're doing. If we do this, we build sustainably for the future and reach our natural level as a football club. Most of our fans have bought into this and aren't just going to desert us.

Last edited:
I for one do not care a "s**t" for the news, my club is 1874 and will continue to be so. I doubt if any of our supporters will transfer that support to JRFC. The suggestion of a possible share with our club would not have been welcomed by me and many others, what we have is a a club that we are proud to partly own, which is well run and is a credit to us with, a Commitee that many others envy !!. To think that a tie up with a WAFC was the answer I think would have been wrong at the cost per match asked by them would have been fool hardy and not sustainable.

Let us get on with our own teams future and let them get on with theirs.

Ok, so when I first heard the news I thought - so what? It won't have any bearing on how we play in the future will it? If fans leave us to support them then they can't have been very loyal to us in the first place. We cannot change any decisions made in other teams so why get all huffed up and waste energy over it. Do the ones that are all huffed up realise that they are feeding fuel to their fire and that they are laughing at us over something we cannot change. Already we have witton fans joining the site to wind us up about it and they are getting the response they want. I know there is history but at the end of the day do we want to keep wasting energy on things we can't change or focus our energy on keeping our team great and moving forward. Besides I can't help but think this news has been released to get a rise out of us ahead of the clash next Tuesday. Unfortunately it is working and I just hope that we will stand tall and show we are the better team supporters. We want to be making news headlines for the right reasons.

Well put Snuglies.

Already we have witton fans joining the site to wind us up about it.
Having briefly checked out their site, I can see why ;) - Edge shouldn't there be a yawning smilie knocking about somewhere? :D

My support is with 1874. Run by the fans for the fans. Not a Jin Rush run club for Jim Rush. We must all stick together, see you all Saturday.

We are all together, of that I have no doubt. All the comments posted are a reflection of the passion we have for the club.
COY1874:scarf:

I'm not worried one bit.

If I was a Witton fan I'd be very worried, however....

I find this agreement absolutely unbelievable especially as Wittoners slagged Vics off for years for operating above and 'beyond their means', something that fans had absolutely no control over and now you're taking their 'beyond their means' money, it's pathetically ironic. Well as you know the time came when Vics fans said enough is enough, called it a day and set up 1874 Northwich FC a financially regulated, cooperative, transparent, stable and sustainable fan owned football club and still we get slagged off by Wittoners. But this time not for financial reasons but because we're a real threat, a much bigger threat to Witton than JRFC will ever be, we currently have a bigger home following in Winsford than Witton do in Wincham (Northwich)

We have a democratically elected Board, that has done an amazingly FANtastic job since our formation, that doesn't mean we're always going to agree with their decisions but that's what they're elected to do, make difficult decisions, whether they turn out right or wrong, good or bad.
They are the ones that have to stand up take the credit or the blame and believe me their shoulders are big enough to take that relief or burden.

Now my anger may appear to be aimed at our board but their decisions are respected because they believe they're doing the right thing to protect the long term future of OUR club and not making rash decisions to pacify the fanbase or angry frustrated individuals like myself. Yes I'm disappointed that JRFC have returned to Northwich and I'm disappointed that we didn't enter into sensible professional, respectful ground share negotiations with Witton but then again it seems Witton were only interested in orchestrating a bidding war between JRFC and 1874 and I'm so, so, so glad that we never stooped to their level and gave them that pleasure or satisfaction.

Witton should know that the JRFC pound is penniless and the 1874 pound is sterling.

Last edited:
Ok, so when I first heard the news I thought - so what? It won't have any bearing on how we play in the future will it? If fans leave us to support them then they can't have been very loyal to us in the first place. We cannot change any decisions made in other teams so why get all huffed up and waste energy over it. Do the ones that are all huffed up realise that they are feeding fuel to their fire and that they are laughing at us over something we cannot change. Already we have witton fans joining the site to wind us up about it and they are getting the response they want. I know there is history but at the end of the day do we want to keep wasting energy on things we can't change or focus our energy on keeping our team great and moving forward. Besides I can't help but think this news has been released to get a rise out of us ahead of the clash next Tuesday. Unfortunately it is working and I just hope that we will stand tall and show we are the better team supporters. We want to be making news headlines for the right reasons.

Hi Snuglies ;)

Voicing strong opinions and views, showing frustration and anger when Witton fans show non should be respected, it's part and parcel of what we've achieved and how far we've come, we wouldn't accept it, neither should Witton fans if they had the same moral principles.

The only reason Witton fans are coming onto our forum is because they're fearful of this collusion, they're just trying to save face because of the huge embarrassment of it all.

No embarrassment whatsoever, I think our annoyance with it all is that you try to associate Witton withVxxs and hope in so doing try to belittle/taint us, but the truth is we are well run, prudent, honest and open with our fans, volunteers and shareholders. We have struck a deal with them to secure our future in a business like manner, we will never be like them, be tainted by them or be reliant on them - so why should we be worried, the deal/the money/ agreement is secure for Witton (until they go bust i guess ) and yes I see you lot as the future threat only because you have a few fans but nothing else, it's is not our fault you fell out with VxxS, it's not our fault you have no ground, it's not our fault you chose not to discuss as a club coming to Witton there are of course people to blame buts it certainly not Witton and VxxS money is just as good as yours until proven different in fact even better because it seems they can afford it.

Totally agree CJ
We as fans dont know where or how Vics have got the money from, tbh im not really concerned as my only interest is that of Witton Albion, i trust our Chairman 100% and he is no fool so if he believes its in the best interest of Witton then thats good enough for me!
As a Witton supporter will it make a difference to me having Vics sharing? Nope, the seats will remain red as will the colour scheme of the Stadium, i have it on good authority that Vics will be having a portacabin outside the ground which will act as their office and club shop.
Unless i go to Wincham Park on a Vics home game il never see them so why should it concern me that there our new tenants?
You lot are starting to sound like the Yvonne Fair song 'it should of been me' but it wasn't you so get over it and i look forward to Tuesdays game where at least we have given you plenty of topics to sing about!

No embarrassment whatsoever, I think our annoyance with it all is that you try to associate Witton withVxxs and hope in so doing try to belittle/taint us, but the truth is we are well run, prudent, honest and open with our fans, volunteers and shareholders. We have struck a deal with them to secure our future in a business like manner, we will never be like them, be tainted by them or be reliant on them - so why should we be worried, the deal/the money/ agreement is secure for Witton (until they go bust i guess ) and yes I see you lot as the future threat only because you have a few fans but nothing else, it's is not our fault you fell out with VxxS, it's not our fault you have no ground, it's not our fault you chose not to discuss as a club coming to Witton there are of course people to blame buts it certainly not Witton and VxxS money is just as good as yours until proven different in fact even better because it seems they can afford it.

PRICELESS PMSL

Last edited:
Totally agree CJ
We as fans dont know where or how Vics have got the money from, tbh im not really concerned as my only interest is that of Witton Albion, i trust our Chairman 100% and he is no fool so if he believes its in the best interest of Witton then thats good enough for me!
As a Witton supporter will it make a difference to me having Vics sharing? Nope, the seats will remain red as will the colour scheme of the Stadium, i have it on good authority that Vics will be having a portacabin outside the ground which will act as their office and club shop.
Unless i go to Wincham Park on a Vics home game il never see them so why should it concern me that there our new tenants?
You lot are starting to sound like the Yvonne Fair song 'it should of been me' but it wasn't you so get over it and i look forward to Tuesdays game where at least we have given you plenty of topics to sing about!

DOUBLE PRICELESS LMAO

Matt and C.J you can give it but can't take it,why don't your put the same crap on your forum and convince your fans.

you try to associate Witton withVxxs and hope in so doing try to belittle/taint us, but the truth is we are well run, prudent, honest and open with our fans, volunteers and shareholders. ..... it's not our fault you chose not to discuss as a club coming to Witton there are of course people to blame .... it seems they can afford it.

1. we don't need to try to associate the two clubs, they've done that for us (see the joint statement on your site)
2. we don't need to belittle a club with a smaller fanbase
3. I'll give you 'well-run', and 'honest'; I'll reserve judgement on 'prudent'; I'd question 'open' - there was as much cloak and dagger mystery guesswork going on in Wincham before the deal was announced, to judge by your forum
4. we are not seeking to 'blame' anyone - that suggestion is being raised by you not us (to stir it a bit?); the discussions were at Board level (with us as with you), and the general tenet of opinion seems to be to support our Board (with us as with you), with a couple of mildly dissenting voices (with us as with you).
5. those last 6 words may come back to haunt you one day - though I genuinely hope you don't suffer the same fate as every other business which has dealt with them

Our forums boring thats why, Wittoners can never agree on anything so its more fun commenting on yours.
Im just trying to wind you up a little before Tuesdays game :)

For me the bottom line is simple:

We can not control what VXXS or Witton do.
We can control what 1874 do because as owners we are listened to by our board. We elect them to take the difficult decisions and to run our club prudently - and in my view they have done so.
Would moving to rent from Witton be a risk or an opportunity for 1874 - its likely to be a mix of both but in my estimation it is more of a risk overall.
There is an idea in both the Vxxs and 1874 camp that there are people sat at home on Saturdays in Northwich who will turn out if a green team plays in the town - I don't think there are that many in reality and not enough to risk a rise in 1874 costs to justify a move to witton and certainly not enough to fund the move for Vxxs.
1874 future is in our gradual growth, building on what we have and maintaining our financial prudence and good reputation.

I will concentrate on my team and club of which I am proud.

The two big questions really should be "if we can't afford it how can they?" and "if they really do have that sort of money, why didn't they buy the vs with it?"

Back