• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"JRFC WILL NEVER RETURN TO NORTHWICH"

We already know that Witton didn't offer us terms from the recent members meeting. Maybe they already had the deal they wanted.

Are we talking about terms from discussions this Summer? We're there indeed any discussions. From the minutes this isn't clear. Could some one confirm this either way?

100% behind our board, IF they decided a witton ground share wasn't right for us it's good enough for me.
Don't give a toss about other teams, only one I care about is MINE.
Not going to waste anymore time on this irrelevant topic.

Are we talking about terms from discussions this Summer? We're there indeed any discussions. From the minutes this isn't clear. Could some one confirm this either way?

We were told that discussions with Witton didn't even get as far as talking money.

In the AGM docs that Rob emailed out is the following quote.
TR -“Have there been any talks with other clubs regarding ground share?

James replied that limited talks have been held with Witton FC and that at this moment the time was not right for the Club to become further involved, also that there will be no effect from any potential partnership of Northwich Victoria FC sharing with Witton FC.
So maybe Witton were already in talks with JRFC at that time & didn't want us?

Witton approached Vics and 1874 on an equal footing, 1874 decided not to proceed further as stated above, if they had talked further to the fan base and then to Witton it may have been 1874 returning to the town not Vics. I think the larger crowds 1874 enjoy would have supported playing at Witton it worked for Runcorn who shared with us for 4 years very happily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I'm not overly thrilled with sharing with Vics I trust Mark's judgement on the matter and will back his decision. I do agree with some on here that feel it is a missed opportunity for 1874, ok the rent would be more than at Winsford but extra bodies through the turnstyle, money made on refreshments etc might have compensated for much if not all of it. Not to mention adding to the fan base in town.

People that havent gone to Flixton to watch Vics aswell will definately go back its bad news all this happening very bad

The reason 1874 exists is because the directors of a successful and respectable club were persistently over ambitious and overspent to the point that the walls fell down. In this case a fans run club can surely be forgiven for being prudent and careful ,particularly in terms of finance. Current board members may not be so carefree about nonpayments to creditors and players, and dealing with lawyers and courts. They are primarily fans not businessmen and they have clearly and repeatedly done what is best for the club as they see it.
Critics have to consider when offering suggestions , what would they do if they were in charge and it all went wrong? Stick together is the best policy and dont get paranoia about Vics returning to the town.

I can only see them getting 125 130 at WP not that many more than they are getting now few more like i said before but not hundreds like people are suggesting

Matt, make your mind up! IMO most of those who haven't gone to Flixton have either migrated to us or have long since given up on the whole thing. Crowds were dwindling at the VS before the final straw of losing that stadium. Most people have seen through the spin. I await the first opportunity for a "home" date clash between the two clubs. If we can out-support the Wincham landlords I'm sure we'll do the same with the tenants.

Maybe there was a lack of fan insight into the options over the summer, but in the end I feel we have to trust the judgement of those we have burdened with coming up to our high expectations and making the difficult decisions on our behalf.

We can either wallow in a bit of self-pity for a perceived missed opportunity, or re-focus on the real challenge - to find our own home while maintaining financial sustainability.

I suspect away fans would prefer a day out at Wincham Park rather than at Flixton, if they do go up obviously there will be more too.

Would of thought they will miss out on promotion Darlington and Salford will go up
Like you, I don't really care mate. Just saying that if I was an away fan (in either division) I would look forward to an away day at WP whereas if my team was playing at Flixton I'd probably go shopping with the mrs instead :arghh

It is probably a back handed compliment that Wittoners on here feel we have missed an opportunity by not moving into WP but what we all have to remember is that we are 1 1/2 seasons old and haven't yet experienced anything apart from success. Until we find 'our level' we don't know what we can afford - perhaps if we move to WP and have one or two poor seasons we may find we have gained some fans but lost a lot more!
Supporters (and that includes us at 1874) are fickle and you need look no further than this forum to see how quickly the mood changed when we lost 2 games.
When we can more certainly predict our longer term income then we can judge what we can afford.
To do otherwise means taking unacceptable financial risks and replicating what happened to Vics or ending up where Albion are now - not broke but struggling.

It is probably a back handed compliment that Wittoners on here feel we have missed an opportunity by not moving into WP but what we all have to remember is that we are 1 1/2 seasons old and haven't yet experienced anything apart from success. Until we find 'our level' we don't know what we can afford - perhaps if we move to WP and have one or two poor seasons we may find we have gained some fans but lost a lot more!
Supporters (and that includes us at 1874) are fickle and you need look no further than this forum to see how quickly the mood changed when we lost 2 games.
When we can more certainly predict our longer term income then we can judge what we can afford.
To do otherwise means taking unacceptable financial risks and replicating what happened to Vics or ending up where Albion are now - not broke but struggling.
I'm not convinced we are "not broke but struggling" I think things are much rosier than that actually. Not to mention the fact that we own our own ground, a very nice one at that too.

We are only 2 years in to what will be an amazing journey as 1874, we need to all stick together and just remember back to what we all voted on the 15th of November 2012, and not look back!

Come on 1874, see you all on Saturday!:scarf:

Last edited:
Back