• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that there were bail conditions that JR had to agree to after sentencing such as not meeting certain people but the Judge in imposing those conditions didn't realize who he is dealing with and therefore JR ignored them.

I also suspect that the Judge has been informed and will increase his original sentence (hopefully)

Why am I reminded of the "Court Martial" episode of Blackadder?

"Deny everything, Colin"
"Is your name Colin"
"No!"

Rushe, along with co-defendant Mark Fishwick, 46, of Greencroft in Preston, who was also found guilty, was due to be sentenced last week on Friday, May 6.

The sentencing was adjourned due to new counsel being instructed and the pair will now be sentenced on Tuesday, May 31, at Liverpool Crown Court.

Today's Guardian confirms that sentencing has been postponed until 31 May due to a change in Counsel being instructed. Who is paying the increasing legal costs in this affair ? Are the defendants being legally aided ?- probably so the case in the recently bankrupt JR. If not, are Counsels required to ensure that their costs are being met with "clean" money ? Can any costs to the Public Purse be recovered from any proceeds of crime identified by the Authorities and will this encompass the recovery of any monies disbursed by JR on behalf of NVFC to other organisations, who were probably aware of the dubious nature of the source of such monies.

I notice that the report says that despite the prosecutions it was still business as normal.

I wonder if they have decided to continue their business with another football club and another front man.

Surely no football club would be involved with these individuals, their business partners, or their families.

No-one would be that stupid?

Tony.

I suspect the individual concerned would have to admit to himself that he had been wrong all along and JR had made a fool of him.
To do that kind of self-analysis requires a sense of worth and a moral code so it isn't going to happen.
They are just not very clever and would just prefer to blame the system and 1874 rather than look at their situation objectively.

What Witton are doing is another matter!

Guardian comments - "I'm not condemning anybody until any appeal is heard"

Clearly that comment contributor knows more than the rest of the world then - nobody else has raised the spectre of an appeal. And since an appeal has to be based on a point of law or the introduction of new evidence, maybe it's the new mystery lawyer commenting. No? I thought not!

Or maybe it's the start of a fundraising effort to purchase a set-top box? ;) Better make it second-hand though, to stand up as "new evidence".

The bit that made me laugh is....

"I believe it was actually proven to be a set top box"

No Colon! It was actually not confirmed as cocaine.....

It was only a matter of time before they openly supported him, they were drinking with him in the Witton social club 2 days after the conviction.

"The only true test of loyalty is fidelity in the face of ruin and despair"
(Eric Felten, journalist & musician)

The perfect opportunity to repent is met with arrogant stubbornness

Cue an outpouring of grief on social media about the sad demise of a small club rooted in the community? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back