• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC to return to Wincham Park

Ironically their greatest asset is the Cheshire Senior Cup, a piece of Victorian silverware potentially worth £40,000 that doesn't legally belong to them and can never sell but I bet it's crossed their tiny minds.
It's not their asset and it's not even debatable. If it was it would be in all of their numerous administrators reports over the years. It wasn't mentioned in any so it in no way belongs to them.

As Toddy can prove, it was donated to Northwich Library a very long time ago.

As a Linnets fan has pointed out previously, some of their squad have plans to go away on a group holiday following the last game of the season and i’m sure other clubs have players who might have organised their work hours to fit with the league programme.

Also Tez it's the Elite Riff Raff's away weekend to Warsaw the week after!! That means if it is extended a week we will miss the last game of the season!! Oh my god if it is decided on the last game!!

Also Tez it's the Elite Riff Raff's away weekend to Warsaw the week after!! That means if it is extended a week we will miss the last game of the season!! Oh my god if it is decided on the last game!!
I think we’d all be delighted if our promotion hung on the outcome of the last game.

Riff Raff have got the away travel sorted...

giphy.gif

That's correct and should be handed back to the people of Northwich.

JGFC need to finally get to the bottom of this issue, maybe it would be prudent of them to surrender the CSC to Cheshire FA until relevant/official paperwork can be supplied by the clubs owner to confirm the CSC transfer to his/her possession.

If no paperwork exists then Cheshire FA in conjunction with Northwich Library acting on behalf of the people of Northwich should bring the item on account and produce a covenant for its future protection.

I then see no reason why JGFC can't loan the CSC as long as they follow agreed procedures, for example...

1. Signed for on a week by week basis.
2. Adequately insured - Especially if this estimated £40,000 piece of Victorian silverware is to be placed on public display in a club bar area.
3. Adequately transported too and from the venue.
4. When not on public display it should be secured in a security safe with an insurance cash rating of £400,000 using the 10x multiplier.

Last edited:
Thanks for that history lesson and the proof of ownership Colon, now all you have to do is confirm....
HOW THE CURRENT CLUB OWNED BY ONE MAN GOT ITS GRUBBY HANDS ON IT, WITH NO PAPER TRAIL? :pompus

For the umpteenth time, we don't want to take ownership of the Cheshire Challenge Cup, commonly known as the Cheshire Senior Cup. We just want it accounted for and protected at Cheshire FA / Northwich Library level, surly you have to agree with that proposal?

20180405_072758.png

PS.. You're welcome to observe our transparent forum anytime you want, we've nothing to hide :woot:woot

Last edited:
How to confuse a JGFC fan by giving good sound advice.

Identify an issue, understand everyone's interests, list a possible solution, evaluate the options, select an option, document the agreement, agree on contingencies, monitoring and evaluation.....

End result: Total confusion and meltdown, leading to brain cell malfunction and implosion.

I don't want to go through it all again,but the cup was not given back to the Vics of today as it was never owned by them or won by them.The cup was won by the original Northwich Victoria and was given to the Library(ie the people of Northwich on that club going out of existence as the terms of it being presented to them originally).The facts are out there and have been fully researched by Paul Lavell.
So if you apply logic how can you give something back to someone who never owned it?.

Last edited:
Precisely. As I believe was pointed out at some length at the time JG was launched to raise the funds to pay off the creditors to satisfy the administrator & the FA.
Quite aside from any issue of historical ownership of the trophy, the question is, is this an act of deliberate deception by the administrator, were those who bought the intangibles capable of reading the not-so-small print of this public document, or are they simply being complicit in a failed attempt to hide a valuable asset from the authorities? And which of the various authorities has the bottle to right the wrong?

So, if Vics didn’t own any tangible assists (Administrators words not mine) that mean the CSC is either:
1) Not tangible.
2) Was never in the possession of the previous incarnation of Vics
3) Not declared as asset by said incarnation
or
4) Removed from company assets prior to administration and “gifted” to an individual/individuals who have in turn given it back to the recently formed company owned Brian Turner, the committee and/or the fans?

But perhaps i’ve missed the point?

Can't seem to find the Administrators report on Companies House from Pre Connett takeover, anyone help?

So with no official paperwork confirming JGFC's (NVFC's) lease or ownership of the CSC, what's stopping any member of the general public walking into their bar, picking it up and walking out with it? I don't think possession being nine-tenths of the law would apply in this situation. A person may be in possession of some property although possession does not imply ownership.

Last edited:
Back