• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Flags and Banners

SteveR

I Live Here
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
The atmosphere that our fans create home and away is amazing for the level that we play at. However I think we can do better.
I beieve that we should as a club endevour to accumulate a collection of flags and banners that travel with us, dominating grounds and turning wherever we play into 1874 space. Now I do not profess to being a great designer, but if other fans would like to come up with any ideas or designs, I will look into getting items costed and made up.
Any ideas, email me [email protected] or see me at a game.
Over to you, I look forward to your ideas and designs.

I keep imaging a huge flag, similar to the ones Linnets brought to the BS, be very costly though

Iv had an idea based on a flag Iv seen at FCUM reading "making friends not rivals"
My idea "1874 making friends... not creditors"

Thanks guys, great responce.
I will get some prices and let you know.
Keep the ideas coming.

I'd be happy to donate some money towards new flags.

Like others happily contribute towards the costs of any flags.... I know Steve was only really talking about the 'away' travelling flags, but how about having a flag made up of the team crest and flown on a match day on the flagpole by the turnstiles......

With our reputation of enjoying the hospitality at away grounds, we could have ...... 'Green Army on tour................. we're coming to get your pies*'

*Obviously pies could be replaced by hot-dogs / beer / burgers etc... :)

Last edited:
First Banner idea along the lines of For the fans... I can get this produced as an 8ft by 3ft Outdoor Vinyl banner, by a local company for £75. Could probably save a couple of pounds on the internet, but I think we should support local business if possible. If I get the go ahead I am looking for 9 people plus myself to pledge £6.75 each to cover the cost. Let me know
Banner1-1874 001.jpg

And used on here as well
1874forum_logo3.png

The atmosphere that our fans create home and away is amazing for the level that we play at. However I think we can do better.
I beieve that we should as a club endevour to accumulate a collection of flags and banners that travel with us, dominating grounds and turning wherever we play into 1874 space. Now I do not profess to being a great designer, but if other fans would like to come up with any ideas or designs, I will look into getting items costed and made up.
Any ideas, email me [email protected] or see me at a game.
Over to you, I look forward to your ideas.
I agree Steve happy to chip in. Rob

Steve i'm in...... happy to pass a tenner on - come and say hello at the next home game (i'm on the turnstyle) and i'll give you some money :) Good job!!

(like the idea of supporting local businesses!)

Back