• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Vase Draw

Personally, I'd like a sudden localised heavy snowfall to afflict either Great Wyrley or Leighton Buzzard on 23rd/24th because I've just been told I'm going to be in Brussels that weekend (no, not for pleasure, I could get out of it if it was). :(:(
No need to explain - no one goes to Brussels for pleasure

I have some family in Rugeley which isn't far from where Wolverhampton play, so hoping to make a weekend of it if they get through. Certainly the closest in terms of travel distance. Either game though, I'll be there as I've made sure it's booked off work. A decent draw for us. For me, the best we could have hoped for away from home.

Last edited:
Used to go Wolverhampton races most weeks.
Can be there in not far off an hour, unless you'e had too many one day and have to spend the night in Telford

Pitch inspection 10am for the Vase game. Presumably moves to Leighton Buzzard a week tomorrow if game postponed.

Vase Rule 11 c ii says if the tie is postponed a second time "it shall be played as directed by the FA". Well, that's clear then.

Vase Rule 11 c ii says if the tie is postponed a second time "it shall be played as directed by the FA". Well, that's clear then.

Obvious problem for all concerned (including the FA and ourselves) is what if it rains heavily in Bedfordshire next week (odds on, it’s Half Term!) and Leighton in turn are unable to stage the tie? In the earlier rounds they would move to midweek dates, rescheduling at this stage is taking up weekends all clubs can ill-afford to lose.

Obvious problem for all concerned (including the FA and ourselves) is what if it rains heavily in Bedfordshire next week (odds on, it’s Half Term!) and Leighton in turn are unable to stage the tie? In the earlier rounds they would move to midweek dates, rescheduling at this stage is taking up weekends all clubs can ill-afford to lose.
The FA will no doubt consult Warrington Town FC to determine the playability of the pitch and, if passed fit, the Wolverhampton team could refuse to travel and then decide to play at a time and date to suit no one but themselves.

From Wolverhampton Sc Twitter

PITCH UPDATE The match official has arrived to inspect the pitch. Suprisingly the pitch is firm and the weather forecast looks good for the rest of the day.

Fingers crossed for both clubs that the game can go ahead now.

Presuming today will be our 11th away league game to be postponed I may join a few others from 74 down in the Midlands!

Back