• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Vase Draw

24th and 25th booked off work, I'm going to get smashed with the Elite Riff Raff :eek:

They're based in Great Wyrley which is, to all intents and purposes, a suburb of Cannock. Closer than Hednesford for anyone who remembers Conference days.
Lived in Gt Wyrley for a couple of years!!
M6, left on to A5 right on to A34 and it's on your left.

Hope Wolverhampton get through as it's closer on the train - 1h40ish from Winsford to Landywood. Though they are clearly a threat scoring as they are.

Otherwise it's around 2h30ish to Leighton Buzzard on the train.

We’d all have preferred to have been drawn at home in terms of improving the club’s prospects of progressing, but if we have to be drawn away, for me this was probably my pick of those left. Wolverhampton are the lowest ranked club and it’s easy travelling distance for the vast majority of ‘74’ers. Leighton Buzzard is thirty minutes drive for me and Nicki and is hardly the end of the earth for our determined band of travelling support either.

Another plus will be that Goody, Bows or one of their contacts, only has a quick drive down the M6 to check them both out next Saturday. :scarf:

Hope Wolverhampton get through as it's closer on the train - 1h40ish from Winsford to Landywood. Though they are clearly a threat scoring as they are.

Otherwise it's around 2h30ish to Leighton Buzzard on the train.

1 hour 46 from Crewe, Nik.

Looking at either a 320-mile or a 380-mile round trip from SA18 to join the Elite Riff Raff on the Road to Wembley. Seeing as the Swans are away at Brighton I might be able to drag my father-in-law along too. I was selfishly hoping for Melksham away, but it could have been been far worse (I was dreading the possibility of venturing up to Teesside!)

Leighton Town don't have a midweek game, but Wolves Sporting play Malvern Town in the Quarter Finals of the West Midlands League Cup tomorrow night, so may be worth keeping an eye on that (albeit I expect they will field a much changed side).

If we end up playing the Staffordshire side then be mindful that Walsall are at home to Blackburn the same day in League One, so it could be particularly busy around J11 of the M6.

Mention for Vicki on Talk Sport 2
So what chuffin happens......

Sitting there, at my desk, all plugged in, nervous as hell. Then an auditor came to speak with me, so I unplugged myself for about 30 seconds and... I missed it! Haha

Anyway thanks for the messages about away travel, yes when we know who our opponents are, then I'll get some transport arranged.

74 on tour! Let's back the boys in huge numbers

Away on Holiday?
Yep.
And of the off chance we get through just noticed I'm working both legs of the semi-finals, and the final.
Hopefully going to need some swaps.

Yep.
And of the off chance we get through just noticed I'm working both legs of the semi-finals, and the final.
Hopefully going to need some swaps.
I'll send official representation.......

Wolves Sporting won 10-5 last night in a league cup match...

Personally, I'd like a sudden localised heavy snowfall to afflict either Great Wyrley or Leighton Buzzard on 23rd/24th because I've just been told I'm going to be in Brussels that weekend (no, not for pleasure, I could get out of it if it was). :(:(

Personally, I'd like a sudden localised heavy snowfall to afflict either Great Wyrley or Leighton Buzzard on 23rd/24th because I've just been told I'm going to be in Brussels that weekend (no, not for pleasure, I could get out of it if it was). :(:(
Well don't forget to take your kettle with you. We might need it!

Back