• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

DID YOU KNOW

Paul I could be wrong but I think it was called that a number of year's ago,can anyone confirm or not.

When Witton was formed,the name Witton Albion was the second choice.
What was the first choice and why was it not used?

The first choice name was Witton White Star,but it was discovered there was another club of that name,and so the name Witton Albion was adopted.
Tomorrow the only match reported in the local press in the 1890-91 season.
Remember all this information has been researched by local historian's and is available in the library.

Last edited:
Not sure if the Titanic sank in the Edwardian or Victorian period

Paul if your not interested in the history of your club and the other clubs don't read it.History is made and can not be altered,some people may get it wrong.If anyone thinks what I put on here is wrong PROVE IT.I have been putting information on here for a long time such as Memory Corner and will continue to do so,if I put anything on that can be PROVED false I will be only to please to apologies .So if you don't like the facts don't read them.

Sorry but where have I said I'm not interested in the history of our club or other clubs?? And where have I said you're not right???

Paul you said your sources informed you my facts were wrong,when I stated the date of Witton's foundation,I presume now you accept that.

Titanic was white star line and was strictly Georgian - as it was launched and sunk in the reign of George V. However, Georgian is really George I-IV, I believe.

The first known reported match in the paper(Crewe and Nantwich Chronical 20-12-1890) of Witton Albion was a friendly as all their games were in the early years.
Station Alexandra v Witton Albion.
The home team kicked off and soon after Southern scored the first goal,Hassall following.The score at half time was-Witton two goals;Station nil.Final result Witton five goals;Station nil.

Back