• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Community and Charity

Now secured five local business sponsorships and around seven others who are supporting in other ways.

Preparations for the sponsored challenge are going OK, had a folding gazebo donated, just need to scrounge 8 folding chairs, 2 folding tables and a small marquee.

Interest in the 1874 Northwich FC, 27 mile blindfolded sponsored walk challenge is growing with £500 of official local business sponsorship, all of which when finalised, will be split between the two charities. Many other local companies getting involved with support and considering we've not started the event promotion yet, we've had donations coming in from fans, friends and family.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/1874northwichfcprojects

Now secured five local business sponsorships and around seven others who are supporting in other ways.

Preparations for the sponsored challenge are going OK, had a folding gazebo donated, just need to scrounge 8 folding chairs, 2 folding tables and a small marquee.

all that's needed now is for the sponsorship money to start rolling in ;) ........ no minimum donation; is that right Tony?

all that's needed now is for the sponsorship money to start rolling in ;) ........ no minimum donation; is that right Tony?

That's right Tez and not one penny of the funds raised will go to 1874, ALL the money raised goes directly to both charities. ;)

Don't forget if you pay basic rate tax you can also contribute a futher 25% through 'Gift Aid' but if you're donating on behalf of a business or from a bucket collection you can't claim the additional 25p in the £.

Just estimated that the total charity funds raised will reach £700 by Monday with 43 days until the event.

Thanks very much to all those who have already donated.

Event posters have been posted in shop windows around town.
Alot of interest about the event and a few comments about the enormity of the challenge. The more I think about it coupled with the amount of planning, I'm starting to agree but at least it's caught peoples attention.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, we now have enough participants for the walk after being contacted by the Mercian Regiment who want to send 4 soldiers to attempt to the challenge.

Still two people short to assist with Event Control, if anyone is available all day or can spare a few hours, please get in touch.

Cheers Pete, your congratulations are much appreciated but couldnt have been done without the many donations and contributions big and small.

All that's standing in our way now is the weather and the procurement of a suitable shelter for event control, administration, meet and greet.
I've been given a very good quote by a local marquee business, offering a 20ft x 20ft marquee with reduction in cost negotiated with possible event day advertising.
I would much prefer to spend money hiring a professionally looking, all weather proof marquee, erected by contractors, that we can simply walk in and out of, than risk buying one and having to erect, dismantle and store ourselves.

Barton Stadium from 12:30 to 13:30. We have guests from Guide Dogs and Blind Veterans UK plus local Guide Dogs fundraisers Jean and Robert Fairfield who have also invited some of their blind and partially sighted friends who will be bringing their Guide Dogs and hopefully training puppies along with them.
They will be guests of the club for the whole afternoon, so for the benefit of Fred, they have been warned about your "You must be blind referee" chants and will take it all in good humour.

We will also be putting a work party togther in the next week or so to work on the Dane Valley Community Orchard and would appreciate any volunteers putting their names forward for that.

Finally, with all the work and interest in the sponsored walk, I have put the official adoption of Furey Wood, Saltersford and Dutton Locks on hold, it's not been forgotten about, it's a very important piece in the community project jigsaw, just need to get other projects completed first before fully concentrating on this one.

So in the words of Mr Chris 'Chubby' Borley..... "Watch this space"....... But on literally ;)

http://www.blindveteransblog.org.uk...g-by-tony-rogers-blind-veterans-uk-fundraiser

Anyone can imagine what its like to live life as a blind or partially sighted person but until you've actually witnessed the anger, frustration, anxiety and depression you can never truly understand the implications of sight loss.

1874 Northwich FC fans and soldiers from 4 Mercian intend to step into the shoes of a blind person and push ourselves beyond our physical, mental and emotional limits in a controlled environment where to remove the blindfold would be to question our conscience and integrity. When the going gets tough, it's tough, the blindfolds stay on.

If I had £1 for all the hours I've put into organising this event we'd have a extra £300, if I add £1 for all the retweets, likes and shares, never mind the views we'd have a extra £730. As it stands we've reached and surpassed our respectful target of £1,000 and we thank everyone that has contributed but our target now is to reach the iconic figure of £1,874.

Our aim is not only to raise funds for Blind Veterans UK and Guide Dogs, our blind and partially sighted servicemen, servicewomen, veterans and their civilian counterparts, its a character building experience to increase awareness and respect that will change the lives of all those taking part.

Please carry on viewing on here, liking and sharing on Facebook and retweeting on Twitter but also respect this challenge by making a minimum donation of £1 and help us reach our goal.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/1874northwichfcprojects

The club will also be making a collection at the match on the 19th October, by that time we'll be 6 hours into the challenge, so please give whatever you can.

Thank you

Last edited:
Back