• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Comedy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul if you think my post is awful,you should read the comments on your site,and don't be so sure about it never being The New Drill Field (whats the old saying once you get your feet under the table).

Toddy I have read the comments and as I've said before many Wittoners aren't overly thrilled with the situation, as you will have seen. Not very nice when fans of other clubs rub it in though, it will always be Wincham Park and never anything else.

Reactions: Tez
It will be interesting to see if those 350 will be able to claw back some of the debts the club is building.
Despite their latest accounts stating negative reserves of £225k this was only upto Oct 13, next accounts due by this friday or another fine will be incurred.
As there is now a companies house beta website all filed information is now freely accessible (accounts, creditors meetings etc)
It is therefore interesting to compare accounts for NVFC, WAFC AND WUFC from the last few years, really puts the 3 clubs situations into perspective

It will be interesting to see if those 350 will be able to claw back some of the debts the club is building.
Despite their latest accounts stating negative reserves of £225k this was only upto Oct 13, next accounts due by this friday or another fine will be incurred.
As there is now a companies house beta website all filed information is now freely accessible (accounts, creditors meetings etc)
It is therefore interesting to compare accounts for NVFC, WAFC AND WUFC from the last few years, really puts the 3 clubs situations into perspective

I find the JRFC negative accounts a huge kick in the nuts to well run solvent football clubs.
Considering JRFC liquidated NVFC 2004, (Which is still in liquidation and NOT dissolved) but ultimately in turn wrote off ALL JRFC debt leaving their accounts on an even balance, to be £225k in debt now is a disgrace and an huge insult to old creditors.
I'm sure that Rushe has that debt as a loan to the club, which will mean in the event of another administration he will once again be the main creditor.

Toddy I have read the comments and as I've said before many Wittoners aren't overly thrilled with the situation, as you will have seen. Not very nice when fans of other clubs rub it in though, it will always be Wincham Park and never anything else.

Wittoners should expect to have the piss taken out of this situation. After all they complained for years about Vics overspending but are now part and parcel of that financial vessel.

You reap what you sow!

I was under the impression that after the huge publicity push on Friday, hundreds of former Vics fans would have turned up yesterday at WP to welcome Corrupt FC back 'home'. But it would appear that this was not the case. Indeed, it would seem that they struggled to make 3 figures! That sort of backing ain't going to pay the rent at WP (and unlike their other bills, this is one that they will have to pay on time...). But I suppose that the delusional few - Buckley, Dew-drop, Barrow and Nuttall (make a return to the conference Derek! Funniest thing I've heard for an awful long time) - will cling on to the hope that come the start of the league season those missing hundreds will suddenly see the light and turn up to watch this dying, corrupt club. Meanwhile, we continue to do what is right and are rewarded with a terrific turn-out for what was an excellent game against our friends from Sheffield United. I think the whole club did us proud yesterday and I think that they went away very impressed with they way we conducted ourselves and our professionalism and organisation - not to mention the quality of our football!

I find it absolutely unbelievable that BBC NWT took the easy option of what they thought would be a towns celebration of a returning football club and turned it into farce. They failed to do the very basic homework to cover the facts resulting in no mention of 1874 and/or its reason for forming. This failure of FACT borders on incompetent journalism.

BBC NWT can now add themselves to the ever increasing number of organisations that have been morally and financially conned by JRFC, Rushe & Nuttall.

Last edited:
It is a disgrace that the bbc didn't do their homework and I think 1874 should approach them as a club to request feature for balance. I know nothing would come of this but it might in itself push why we exist, I can't help feeling we are being far too quiet. However, a NWT feature hardly sent people queuing at the wincham park turnstiles yesterday.

Paul when I followed Vics (over 60years)the last few years I was ribbed by Witton fans over the way the club was being run,so when 1874 formed I decided to support them.I was not happy with the way Vics was heading.So for Wittoner's to say it does not matter where the funding is coming now is sheer hypocrisy,so get used to the ribbing you deserve it.I always admired the way Witton was run but not now,putting your head in the sand does not work things come back to bite you.

I find it absolutely unbelievable that BBC NWT took the easy option of what they thought would be a towns celebration of a returning football club and turned it into farce. They failed to do the very basic homework to cover the facts resulting in no mention of 1874 and/or its reason for forming. This failure of FACT borders on incompetent journalism.

BBC NWT can now add themselves to the ever increasing number of organisations that have been morally and financially conned by JRFC, Rushe & Nuttall.

Easy fluffy "feel good" (really[?] ... try telling the creditors!) journalism. Typical local TV news piece; they've done themselves no favours.

Maybe if a few more of us email they will at least get the point. I bet Tez and Alan could send a quality, succinct email putting out point over!

Succinct was never my forte ... My modest effort:

It was with some increduilty that I watched the feature on the return of Northwich Victoria to the town of Northwich on your programme on Friday. A passing reference to some "financial troubles" in the past scarcely does justice to the repeated misery heaped on the club's creditors or the anguish experienced by those erstwhile fans of the club who were not present during your filming - and won't be present at their matches either, despite the throwaway comment about expecting "a couple of hundred more" spectators.

A little bit of prior research would have saved you from being roped in to producing a decidedly dodgy publicity stunt (all credit to them for pulling the wool over your eyes, though).

Firstly some (but by no means all - you'd need a lot of time for that) financial facts - the club was exiled from the town because the owner had proved singularly incapable of raising the funds to fulfil promises to buy the stadium from administrators and instead allowed them to sell to a local chemical company. The stadium, built partly by supporters themselves, has since been flattened - although at least one extensive section of terracing has gone to help a fan-run club and now forms part of FC United's new stadium. The owner (and his predecessors) have taken the club into successive administrations, different incarnations of the club have been dissolved/liquidated, and the current version is several hundred thousand pounds in debt (see Companies House). Creditors across the area, mostly small local companies and individual tradesmen, but also HMRC (and thus the entire population), have seen next to nothing of the monies owed to them. The money earned from a lucrative FA Cup run a few years ago was seen as a lifeline. Mysteriously, it disappeared into another accounting black hole almost immediately. These and other "irregularities" (to use a somewhat laughable FA term) saw the club relegated down through the non-league pyramid.

The majority of the fans who had stuck with the club through thin and thinner saw the eviction from the Victoria Stadium as the final straw. They were not prepared to follow what they saw as a patently appallingly run club on its nomadic existence around other grounds in the north west. Interestingly, no local club within Cheshire seemed prepared to host a club whose very touch seemed to turn everything to dust, so first they went to Stafford and then to Flixton. Few followed them. Instead, a large number decided that the only realistic path to follow was to set up a new fan-run club, and then to strive to rebuild the bridges with the local community and within non-league football which Northwich Victoria had destroyed.

This club - 1874 Northwich - was born in November 2102, and is now flourishing in the North West Counties Premier League. It has a loyal and hard-working fanbase with home attendances over 300, probably the majority of whom are former fans of Northwich Victoria. It is restoring local football fans' faith in non-league football, and beginning to win the trust of the local community. It is particularly active in fund-raising for local charitable causes. I do not know of any fans who are planning to relinquish their new club (literally theirs, as many are co-owners) in order to return to watching a discredited outfit where the management and administration lacks any transparency whatsoever. Hence why 3 times as many watched our home friendly match on Saturday as theirs.

A tiny bit of reasearch by your programme would have revealed all of that and much much more. It would be nice to think that in return for what was clearly lazy journalism you might afford 1874 Northwich a moment in the TV spotlight as well.

My email Iv just sent:

To the sports editor

After watching your program recently a short segment of reporting was given to Northwich Victoria Football club in relation to their return to the town of Northwich.

Being proud of my Northwich roots I cannot sit by without emailing my disgust to the poor journalism that has gone in to this report.

Growing up in the town the club used to be in the forefront of my sporting heart, I used to love going to the Drill Field with my grandfather and father to watch the "trickies" whenever possible.

As I grew older this changed.

The club began to grow too big for itself and to became a magnet of poor buinessmen and planning. Your reporter called these "financial disasters"...sir/madam, he didn't even touch the tip of the iceberg!

For the club to sell its ground and to move out of the town was controversial enough, but inept chairman after another would lie to fans of marinas and the sort, in short the clubs shortcomings where being covered with lies in the hope they would go away.
The last of these chairmen, a Mr James Rushe, was the worst of the lot and made false promises of how the stadium was "95%" bought and a deal would be done "by the end of the week" countless times!

Money was borrowed and squandered in the name of NVFC from many local businesses and people including of all things a school! These debts where then shamefully written off with anything paid back in return! And estimated £4.5 million was wasted by the company and a bad taste has been left ever since.

For your reporter to say "a few hundred would return" is FAR from the mark!!

The town has never been better without that stain in it since it has left, it has embarrassed us where once the club gave us nothing but pride, in short a lot of us wish it no longer existed!

I myself am an 1874 Northwich fan and find the same joy in taking my two children to their games as I did when I was younger. I have also participated in many charity events we the fans and owners of the club. As a Fan owned football club we take pride in our community work in same light as we do our team. A growing majority of fans are delighted in the direction the club is going, more so off the pitch than on, as we grow to restore sporting pride to the green HALF of Northwich!

But my frustrations do not end with the lack of coverage my club has received, but also with the lack that Witton Albion recieved from your broadcast, Witton Albion (albeit a team I despise as a footballing rival) are a proud club that has been run correctly for years, and if honest how I would like my club to run. Despite NVFCs "glorious" return to the town you failed to include Witton as the landlords of the whole deal? Hardly a successful return if one has to beg and borrow?

It may also have been worth pointing out that the "few hundred" that the four "loyal fans" you interviewed does not cover the rent the club has to pay in a "pay before you play" deal made to protect the interests of the landlords, Witton Albion football club.

The eldest gentleman of these "loyal fans" is also the current chairman of the club! I believe this was also missed by your reporter.

Frankly, I think you should be ashamed of how your reporting has publicised a corrupt and morally dead business, which regrettably has been allowed to lie its way on to regional television in the hope of dragging our famous town back through the mud with it

Timothy Baker

Gents.

The "Famous Four" and their Master have mislead the local television station and local press, generations of their own past fans, HMRC and other local authorities, local commercial businesses, many other citizens and even alienated their own landlords (Not clever guys!)

Their only plan is to woo back the very local citizens, businesses, schools, and their own landlords that their Master has abused repeatedly over many years due to his over inflated ego and amoral sense of business and sharp practice and do you really think that that will happen?

I suspect that the arrangement with Witton wont last six months because their only plan is doomed to failure and JRs ego wont stand the weekly embarrassment of only getting 30+ fans watching his team confirmed by the Witton gate personnel and stewards and evident to all and sundry and therefore he will engineer a situation where WAFC will cancel their contract with him due to yet another "misunderstanding" and he will blame everyone else including 1874 whilst quietly "transferring his flag" to Manchester/Northwich/ Knutsford Villa to continue his and his mystery backers investment strategy before winding up JRFC.

You can almost write the script and I wonder where that will leave our four heroes who will then have to face their fellow townspeople whilst their hero disappears into the sunset.

Dont let us get to hung up over this as 1874 and its owners are the future of local football in this area.

Wittoners should expect to have the piss taken out of this situation. After all they complained for years about Vics overspending but are now part and parcel of that financial vessel.

You reap what you sow!
Completely missed the point again, whoosh....

A letter from our board would carry more weight and may force a response but I doubt it.

BBC NWT won't actually care about the truth or infact want to admit incompetent, unproffesional journalism.

The fact that we are licence paying customers, complaining about that disgusting feature should be more than enough for a live apology.

BBC NWT aired a short piece by Flav but failed to see the benefit of a balanced view by including Dave Stiles.

Colon complains, insisting Dave was there to Sabotage, god knows what bullshit Nuttall told Mr Haslam but Haslam obviously listened and very naively believed.

We all know that playing the wounded football club has always been the JRFC mentality. Now they celebrate a 'brilliant' TV feature that they conned off BBC NWT and we're left with egg on our faces.

Our board should respond on behalf of their members.

We have got to step up the publicity of 1874, locally, regionally and nationally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back