• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Comedy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Comedy Classic later on BBC North West Tonight, featuring the usual well known jokes.

Untitled.png

Could we look at doing something on BBC or ITV and promote ourselves and who we are and why we are where we are??

Someone on the board will have responsibility for press etc - perhaps a good opportunity to strike whilst the iron is hot? At the end of the day the BBC want stories and this one definitely has a different angle. Would be interesting to hear on here what their response is if/when we contact them?

received_10153565689673804-1.jpg

Just needs a congrats from Graham Bean to put icing on the shit cake.

Last edited:
Of course had the presenter turn up on time (probably too busy sorting out the plastic bag report at Northwich Tesco) he may have saved himself from making all those embarrassing remarks #punctualityisthekey ;)

Northwich Tesco on the 6 o'clock news was much more memorable ;), but every little helps - have to admit it is good publicity, though the fawning made me cringe a bit.

I see the masses on their forum are being tantalised with predictions of attendances rising to 350 over the season. Maybe that's a cumulative total?

Screenshot_2015-07-24-23-30-36-1.png

"Cheered on by this band of loyal fans........
Plus a few 'hundred' more!"

BBC NWT Should just keep to the facts and not promote fiction or fantasy.

The one on end in blue looks like he's having a shit lol
The least said about the other three the better

I think that it is very courageous of the four individuals concerned for so publicly putting their faith in JR and his mystery backers on national TV, after all he is not likely to let them down by having financial "issues" with their landlords or other organisations which would put their tenancy in jeopardy and make them and their club a laughing stock.

Returning to Northwich is easy, staying in Northwich is the difficult bit.

I recognize Colin and Jamie who are the other two people featured in the photograph?

Last edited:
I think that it is very courageous of the four individuals concerned for so publicly putting their faith in JR on national TV, after all he is not likely to let them down by having financial "issues" with their landlords or other organisations which would put their tenancy in jeopardy and make them and their club a laughing stock.

Returning to Northwich is easy, staying in Northwich is the difficult bit.

I recognize Colin and Jamie who are the other two people featured in the photograph?

Derek Nuttall (The on-paper chairman)
&
Tom Barrow

All Committee members of the defunct NVSA.

Last edited:
A disgrace that once again the license fee is being used to promote a morally bankrupt and financially corrupt club. I hope our club officials have contacted North West tonight for a feature.

The trouble is that nobody at NWT will have any real idea of any of the recent history, just the same as many local residents. They just see/hear the headline news, as in all other walks of life, and are conditioned to believe it. I have a friend down here who works in Sainsbury's wine dept and earns about £13K a year. He supports Oxford, so we have our non-league links, but he doesn't know the extent of the problems we've had,even though I have tried to explain in outline. More to the point, he told me he'd voted Conservative because they were going to cut his taxes. The headlines told him so. He's had a bit of a shock lately ...

I have a feeling that we will need to up the publicity stakes in the coming season.

The trouble is that nobody at NWT will have any real idea of any of the recent history, just the same as many local residents. They just see/hear the headline news, as in all other walks of life, and are conditioned to believe it. I have a friend down here who works in Sainsbury's wine dept and earns about £13K a year. He supports Oxford, so we have our non-league links, but he doesn't know the extent of the problems we've had,even though I have tried to explain in outline. More to the point, he told me he'd voted Conservative because they were going to cut his taxes. The headlines told him so. He's had a bit of a shock lately ...

I have a feeling that we will need to up the publicity stakes in the coming season.
Continually working on this area of our club. However, ideas and suggestions always welcome. Please dm me if you feel that you don't want to broadcast publicly.

Don't think the Albion fans are too pleased The New Drill Field being exploited on the T.V. by Vics.

I haven't laughed this hard since the JRFC BBC NWT feature.

received_10153568001108804-1.jpg

Curzon fan suggested estimated split was 40/60...

JRFC CAN COME BACK TO NORTHWICH
BUT NORTHWICH WONT COME BACK TO JRFC

Last edited:
JRFC fans stoop to new low in attempt to discredit 1874.

A disrespectful and despicable act of sabotage in itself.

Everyone has the democratic right to peaceful protest, especially those who pay for a TV Licence. It seems very unlikely that Colin actually pays for or holds a licence which makes his comments particularly hypocritical.

Screenshot_2015-07-26-07-18-34-1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back