• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colls today

Might as well close the forum, not allowed to have debates here without being made to feel in the wrong if you post something negative. It's not a players forum or a managers forum, it's a fans forum, for fans to express their opinions. Players and management should stay away from it, it isn't designed for them.

If people don't want to hear the issues that our fans have, who own a part in the club, because they criticise, then I genuinely don't see the point of an open forum. No point in open forums with the board either like pre season; personally, I cannot see any changes bar the match day posters from what happened last season.

Before people start pointing fingers, this isn't a post directed at anyone in particular, it's views I have held for a while that have been cemented in the recent days.

If im honest I'm starting to get a little bit tired of everything 1874 Northwich at the moment and I never thought I would feel that way. I love the club, but the way everything is at the moment, I'm getting more and more fed up. I really hope the club and the board look carefully at the posts on here, there are many disgruntled fans and ignoring this fact and not acting will result in our club eventually dying, which nobody wants, least of all me.

I hope my opinions change in the near future...

Disgruntled about what? Lack of entertaining football? The style is wrong? Not getting through in the FA Vase? Not top of the table? Not got our own ground, No atmosphere, blah blah blah FFS!

Rome wasn't built in a day, we're four years old, look at Linnets and we're not FCUM.

Our main aim is to remain financially stable, sustainable and transparent, if it were up to some our of fans we'd be bankrupt before next season and waiting a Winding up Petition.
Need to get that Vics mentality of success at any cost out of your heads.

Last edited:
Callum, for me it's not whether someone is completely positive or negative (it's not great all the time!) but the way in which this is turning out. A fans forum is just that, a chance to debate but in my humble opinion, this thread has got out of hand and it is damaging the club we love. I just want people to calm. We can't take steps to move forward, if we just see pages and pages like this.

I am always happy to talk to people, to hear their point of view. The Board members are the same. Now, I might not agree with their views but I will afford the person I am talking to, the respect they deserve. This is because we are all green and ultimately all want the same end.

You will find that the gents on the Board, do think your opinions matter and want to hear your ideas. You know this to be the case, as you have recently been linking with Steve and have put your hand up to help (which is fantastic). However the Independent Fans Forum is not the right vehicle for communication between the supporters and the Board. For many reasons. But of course, that doesn't mean that things aren't noted by them.

You mention that there is no point in having another open forum with the Board, because nothing has changed. Again, there could potentially be good reasons why certain issues have not been dealt with or developed the way that you or others would have liked. All I would say is, give it another chance!

Anyway, I've put my point of view across in hopefully the right manner. I have much paperwork to do before bedtime and must get on!

Does it really warrant (currently) 6 pages and 100+ comments?

Vicki, you know how passionate about our club I am, so I'm in the middle of this debate.
Firstly there aren't 100+ comments about the match or the manager. Most of it is drivel about something that in my opinion doesn't matter.
Secondly every fan should be able, within reason, to comment and express opinion on how the team played. Not to slaughter individuals, but constructive comments backed up with opinions on what improvements are necessary if any. Also to praise when times warrant it. This is an independent forum for the fans!!.

This thread is about football so please can we stick to it. Attendances is on another thread, and well names who cares??????????????

See everyone who's interested in football and supporting the club on Saturday.

Firstly there aren't 100+ comments about the match or the manager.

See everyone who's interested in football and supporting the club on Saturday.

Yes agreed Alan, I should have made that clearer in my post. Not all comments on this thread are about our Management Team or about the game on Saturday. There is quite a bit of content about all sorts! I was generalising how things can get a little out of hand and that I wanted people to calm for the good of 1874.

Amen to that brother!

I've been reading that the team needs a bit of width.

Anyone know what Steve McNulty's doing these days?

Steve-McNulty.jpg

Might as well close the forum, not allowed to have debates here without being made to feel in the wrong if you post something negative.

Of course people who have different opinions will voice disagreement - that is what a debate is. If you believe in your opinion, defend it, justify it, exemplify it. But be prepared for others to disagree. Criticism will always be welcomed where it is constructive. Nobody has censored anything.

Players and management should stay away from it, it isn't designed for them.
Do you mean "not post"? Most don't. Do you mean "not read"? Somewhat defeats the object of passing well-meant (?) advice via the forum to the Board, the management and/or the players. And how exactly do you propose to monitor such abstinence?

Being a Club owner I have followed this thread with interest and I believe that my views represent the majority of the Club owners and fans.

I have every faith in Ian and his Team, both on and off the field to lead our Club onto a bright future irrespective of temporary setbacks.

I think that we are extraordinarily fortunate to have Ian Street as our Manager and his support team and I have every faith in his judgement, experience, and commitment to OUR Club

I am also very glad that the 1874 Board has the depth of knowledge, qualifications both personal and professional to one day bring our Club back to Northwich and make it even more successful.

I am also prepared to give them time (as in years rather than weeks or months), my financial backing, and my unqualified support to bring to fruition our hopes and aspirations for OUR Club.

I have called myself 'toddybarlow' In protest of the agenda that toddy is pushing, why should I HAVE to use my real name?

Am I 'less' of a fan than people who use there real name? I am so disillusioned that such a prominent member of 74 has inferenced this.

Toddy - as a younger member of the club, I'm so disappointed.

Moderators: is this forum only built for one account per computer? If so, are you saying a family has to nominate 1 family member to post? That's rediculas - so how can WE claim to be a FAN club?

The fact is, if the 2 accounts both said 'unlucky 74, try again next week' they wouldn't be blocked - would they?

For the record, I dabbled in the Vics but became dissolutioned with the pantomime, the dictatorship of Rushe etc. I stopped going to all the games early this season and instead select the games I go - Why? There's no atmosphere and the style of football is dull. I go to be entertained, and sadly that isn't happening often enough.

As for the dictatorship, seeing people told there not 'proper fans' because they challenge the style of football that OUR club play? For moderators to issue bans based on people expressing views? We're just sinking to the same level vics became.

From a hugely dissolutioned supporter - after reading this I am now a supporter who has now decided to take a break from 74 because of the attitude of some fellow fans and OWNERS. And for the record, as I'm not a 'proper' fan, my ownership will be being cancelled.
I have called myself 'toddybarlow' In protest of the agenda that toddy is pushing, why should I HAVE to use my real name?

Am I 'less' of a fan than people who use there real name? I am so disillusioned that such a prominent member of 74 has inferenced this.

Moderators: is this forum only built for one account per computer? If so, are you saying a family has to nominate 1 family member to post? That's rediculas - so how can WE claim to be a FAN club?

The fact is, if the 2 accounts both said 'unlucky 74, try again next week' they wouldn't be blocked - would they?

For the record, I dabbled in the Vics but became dissolutioned with the pantomime, the dictatorship of Rushe etc. I stopped going to all the games early this season and instead select the games I go - Why? There's no atmosphere and the style of football is dull. I go to be entertained, and sadly that isn't happening often enough.

As for the dictatorship, seeing people told there not 'proper fans' because they challenge the style of football that OUR club play? For moderators to issue bans based on people expressing views? We're just sinking to the same level vics became.

From a hugely dissolutioned supporter - after reading this I am now a supporter who has now decided to take a break from 74 because of the attitude of some fellow fans and OWNERS. And for the record, as I'm not a 'proper' fan, my ownership will be being cancelled.

Just for clarity guys (maybe a reminder). The club made a decision a while back to distance themselves from this forum and make sure it was run independently of the club.

They were right to do that I think. You might have grievances with this forum but don't let that cloud your judgement of the club. They have bugger all say with what goes on on here.

There is NO party line... though there are a few forum rules.

I'm a moderator on this forum - have been since it started - and I can honestly say that I've performed precisely zero moderation activities. If I have a diffrerent opinion to someone on here - and I can be bothered - then I post what my opinion is, liking to think that my point of view is as valid as the original.

That's it. We're all just fans in this together.
Seems to me to be much ado about nothing. I post under a name I've been known as since the early 70s when my namesake appeared for Birmingham City FC. There is an issue, however, which concerns me in relation to the posts by "toddybarlow". How come the moderators have allowed a new account to be opened in that name when it is clearly an attempt to confuse the reader and not necessarily expressing the views of the real Toddy Barlow. The next thing will be "toddybarlow" liking something that the real Toddy Barlow would have nothing to do with.

Seems to me to be much ado about nothing. I post under a name I've been known as since the early 70s when my namesake appeared for Birmingham City FC. There is an issue, however, which concerns me in relation to the posts by "toddybarlow". How come the moderators have allowed a new account to be opened in that name when it is clearly an attempt to confuse the reader and not necessarily expressing the views of the real Toddy Barlow. The next thing will be "toddybarlow" liking something that the real Toddy Barlow would have nothing to do with.

Can someone just tell me, which Toddy is the real Toddy I'm so confused? I'm guessing 'toddybarlow' is the real one?

No worries, the User ID "toddybarlow" was banned almost immediately for contravening forum rules, as per reminder posted by Edge on Monday here
http://1874forum.co.uk/threads/forum-rules-reminder.4395/

"toddyb" remains the one and only and in celebration of that fact he will happily sell you a golden goal ticket, a 50-50, a Christmas do, an Elvis night, sponsorship in advance of the next race night, and anything else he can think of as you approach bearing your hard-earned cash. You have been warned. ;)

Hi Jean it does not go to Wicham as there's not enough people wanting to go there,As for the Drill Field we would love it to go there,but due to the people who would like to use it being betrayed there is no point.

Back