• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cheshire Senior Cup Final

The gate of 160 to-night is the lowest ever recorded for a Witton v Vics game ever even in a friendly,also it is the lowest gate ever recorded for a Mid-Cheshire cup final between any team's.

It would be interesting to know how many of the 160 were paying customers,and how many were complementary.

Colin.

I know that in your recent post you said that there were a few coming to tonight's game we just didn't realize how few.

Care to comment?

I do understand the need to comment on the crowd and the fact they are paying such high rent next season, and a need to question how it is all still going, but really, do you care?

Think about it, we can all sit here and put loads of effort ridiculing Vics, Colin and the rest about what it has all turned in to...OR we can do something actually worth while, which is focus all our efforts on OUR football club, in my eyes now, the only football club that matters and represents Northwich as a community.

Northwich Victoria holds many memories for people and for some more than others the realisation that what was once a very well respected and historic football club is no longer any where near that level, is news they don't want to hear or take notice of, hence the denial and hostile attitudes.

Look at tonight as an example, a Witton fan told me there was about 40/50 there cheering Vics on, it doesn't take a genius to work out that IF that is true, there is no way they could afford the rent next season, but as I said before, who cares? Its a private football club...

We are 1874 Northwich FC, a fan owned football club, that is run within its means and in the local community!

Look at what WE have achieved in only 2 seasons, WE are only 2 promotions off being at the same level as Witton Albion and they had a 100+ year head start on us!

At Vics, people around me at the ground, with the greatest respects, were just faces, but now, at 1874, I know everyones name, you just feel a part of something, something special, a big family almost! I have gained friends and made some fantastic memories already!

I think its time to switch the attention FULLY on to 1874 and forget EVERYONE else, we have something really special with a MASSIVE amount of potential!

like Mark said "Vics can come back to Northwich, Northwich wont go back to Vics"

Enough of me going on, see you all Saturday!

Last edited:
One thing to be aware of is that there is still a high degree of ignorance (even in the town) on what has happened to Vics and where 74 fits in. It is from this group of people, who may not be committed fans, that any growth in support for us will come from.
With Vics back in town we could be one decent cup run (for Vics) away from them getting a load of publicity and the consequential rise in support plus they still have the more famous name.
74 needs a 'high profile' summer and to get the message across even more strongly as to why we exist. No pussy footing around, not aggressive but assertively pushing the message out.
We ignore vics at our peril.

Valid points from both Jack and Pete.

Agree 100% with Jack. We need to move on and focus on what we're building at 1874 now. All this ridiculing of Colin and those who still choose to watch Vics doesn't look good on our part. They've made their decision and we've made ours. Let's put the past behind us and look forward.

Last edited:
Agree 100% with Jack. We need to move on and focus on what we're building at 1874 now. All this ridiculing of Colin and those who still choose to watch Vics doesn't look good on our part. They've made their decision and we've made ours. Let's put the past behind us and look forward.

I disagree, I haven't changed my stance or opinion on JRFC since 2009, unlike the majority of 1874 fans who until late 2012 were still JRFC fans.

I'm moving forward with 1874 but looking over my shoulder at JRFC. Besides how on earth do we put the past behind us? We're named after Vics formation year.

Let’s roll back a few years and put the past in front of us.....
Anyone remember at the VS that night when JR gave his 'We'll play a home game at Witton over my dead body' speech?
It was shortly before the match against Kendal got postponed and he refused to honour the ground-share agreement he'd secretly signed with Witton.
Rushe did a pathetic 'hands up if you want to play at Witton' vote and John Coates was the only one to raise his arm. Rushe confronted him and said: "What? You'd go?" and John replied: "Yes, Jim. Otherwise we'll be deducted three points."

You were also there Colin, do you care to comment?

Last edited:
You could pretend your named after aston villa instead mr rogers, they were formed in 1874 and even play in a place called witton.

JRFC are the pretenders Col, the undead, a being that is deceased yet acts as if it were alive.

I'm more than happy with our 1874 name and very proud to claim the heritage of Northwich Victoria FC, a once great and respected football club.

Aw bless thats sweet mr rogers thought you hated Northwich Victoria fc though.

You can take the Vics out of town but cannot take em out of your hearts hey.

Me eld mucka who came to the match on thursday said similar that although vics have been out of town and not been able to go, still kept Northwich victoria fc in his heart.

Vics will always be in our hearts Colin but what you support IS NOT Vics..... ME ELD MUCKA!

Thanks again Colin, that'll do nicely ;-)

Back