• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bow and Goody step down

I am not ‘moaning’ or ‘worrying’! 😡

And I don’t think that anyone can accuse me of not getting behind our club! 😡
Would you say calling other people’s comments ‘asinine’ is getting behind the club or helping us fans pull together?

You are very divisive so yes, I do accuse you of not getting behind our club, or indeed helping us all pull together when we need to most.

Would you say calling other people’s comments ‘asinine’ is getting behind the club or helping us fans pull together?

You are very divisive so yes, I do accuse you of not getting behind our club, or indeed helping us all pull together when we need to most.
Ah, so spending a huge amount of my own time over the last year to pen the history of the club isn’t me “getting behind the club”? 😳

First up I am absolutely not taking any delight in the departure of the management team at 1874. Just want to put on record that when you guys were playing at Wincham Park the managers were always polite, kind, respectful and totally co-operative in anything we asked of them on behalf of the ground staff.

What I am reflecting on is a constant theme of late and that is what is required to keep a team playing at this level. I wrote some time back after the Ossett cup game -

"One of the greatest issues that a club at our level faces is that a couple of bad results in cup competitions and a couple more in the league can mean that the season is pretty well over before its even got going. Wins in cup competitions create momentum and that carries over into league games and can set the tempo for the rest of the season. Its hugely deflating to get into October and think the highlight of the rest of the season might be a local derby match and a relegation fight That's why pre-season is so important. The club must be ready from day 1. Consistently losing opening day games suggests that's not the case and needs some thought. I am not having a go. Its happened here with dire consequences."

Clearly 1874 have had an issue since the start of the season and the consequences continue to be felt. But it isn't just the pre season that's the cause - that's merely a symptom of the larger problem of the ability of the club to bring resources to bare when it really needs to and especially being able to support its management team when the tough times happen. The solution here goes beyond just appointing another manager, I'm sure you can all write the next sentence for yourselves.

As others have said, Bow and Goody have our gratitude and utmost respect for all that they have done for our club.

As a club we shall be forever in their debt and I don’t hold it against them for having decided that the time was right for them to depart, having taken the club as far as they could.

To have achieved the success that they had in remarkable when considering the budgetary constraints that they had to contend with. As a club we can’t keep losing our better players and expect the to achieve the same level of success. However, that is a fact of life for 1874 and we should all accept the the club have clearly punched above its weight to have survived so far in Northern Premier West league

It’s time to accept that we are now in a relegation battle and for all us to get behind the club. Hopefully, we can avoid relegation, but results will need to improve markedly. My hope is that the club will not delay too long and come to a quick decision in the appointment of a new manager who can take our club forward on the field of play. We have some vital games coming up in the fixture list in the weeks before Christmas and we need a new manager in place sooner rather than later

Glad that I’ve expanded your vocabulary!
Again, just talking down to other members thinking you are better than them.

You continuously do it, to so many members.

@Edge when are you going to do something about this? You’ve already given us both a warning.

From our rules
At all times:

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.

Warning points will be issued for breaches of the rules which can lead to a ban from the site

An interim statement would have been good saying something like “we are pleased with the response to our vacancy “.

Back