• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bow and Goody step down

Just got the e-mail from the club. Very sad but perhaps inevitable.

The mail says everything I think needs saying about these two guys and what they’ve done for the club. Two really fabulous fellas to whom we owe a huge debt of gratitude.

For those fans who wanted to see them go, we’ll now see if anyone can do any better.

In the meantime good luck to Wools and Jonah. Let’s get behind the lads on Saturday!

Firstly, thanks to both of them for their work over the years.

The Vase run and 2 League Cup wins are things that we will all remember for a long time.

Good luck to them.

Here’s to a new chapter, too, for 74.

For those fans who wanted to see them go, we’ll now see if anyone can do any better.
I guess they also didn’t have confidence that they could turn it around either?. Look, we don’t call for it often, annd I think many thought the time is right and I guess only time will tell if it’s the right thing or not.

Echo the sentiments already stated. It’s been some ride and they have done an incredible job to get us to this point, their loyalty can’t be denied. All the best to both going forward and thank you for your service!.

As said above thanks for everything they have done for the club but i do think its the right time to make the change, who knows what it will bring but lets hope people get behind the decision and we get a good turnout saturday.

They’ve made the right decision at the right time. They did a great job to get us this far but they probably thought like many of us that they couldn’t take us any further. We now need to move on and recruit well as we have done before. With our budget the priority is good recruitment and entertaining football. We need a manager who knows the NPL and NWCL in terms of players and has a history of good recruitment and good football.

Reactions: Ben
They’ve made the right decision at the right time. They did a great job to get us this far but they probably thought like many of us that they couldn’t take us any further. We now need to move on and recruit well as we have done before. With our budget the priority is good recruitment and entertaining football. We need a manager who knows the NPL and NWCL in terms of players and has a history of good recruitment and good football.
And is willing to work within our tight financially framework!😳

Echo the sentiments above, that Vase season and the blend of football we were treated to was entertaining and memorable which could potentially be part of the reason for such disappointment in recent times.

Good luck to the pair of them going forward and gives them time to focus on their own things. Hopefully new blood and a fresh approach and set of eyes can see us kick on and reinvent our own brand of football going forward and attract the stay aways to return to the stands.

Well then. Now we will see if the grass is always greener.
I hope no-one comes to regret wanting Bow and Goodie out so desperately.

I won't be at the next couple of games due to being on holiday, but hopefully I come back to 6 points.

The football fan - fickle, impatient, and often lacking a sense of perspective.

It's incredible that a fan-owned club in a town the size of Northwich, with so many established rivals on our doorstep, has been able to go from a Trust SGM vote on formation to Step 4 of the non-league pyramid in less than 11 years. Paul and Wayne have been instrumental to that rise - let's not simply brush that aside.

The gap between the top teams in the NPL and those just trying to survive is growing larger each season. Perhaps we as co-owners and supporters have not been doing enough to help plug that financial chasm and thus provide the resources necessary to genuinely compete at this level. Did we heed the warnings? Is Boost the Budget too little, too late?

We are ultimately a club created by the fans, for the fans. So are we not partly to blame? Should we not take a long look in the mirror and ask ourselves why we find ourselves in this predicament?

Any new management team is going to need a damn sight more than just vocal support if we seriously want to consolidate our position in this league and push on next year...

I think that we will regret today.

Disagree Tony - they leave with their heads held high and welcome back at any time.

The worst thing that could have happened is they stay too long and we get into what happened with Streety - no one wants that and given what they've done for us, the two of them don't deserve to be in that situation either.

We've got a bit of time under Jonah and Woolley now while they get the right person in - I'm sure we won't be short of offers.

I think that we will regret today.

People said the same when Street left, but in hindsight we’d all agree it turned out more than well.

Of course, there’s a chance that things won’t work out as well with whoever takes charge next - but things weren’t particularly working well over the last 12 months as it was.

It’s a chance for a fresh new chapter of 74 history, and is something we should be positive and excited by

Sorry but remember people saying the same thing went Ian Street went how did that turn out

The football fan - fickle, impatient, and often lacking a sense of perspective.

It's incredible that a fan-owned club in a town the size of Northwich, with so many established rivals on our doorstep, has been able to go from a Trust SGM vote on formation to Step 4 of the non-league pyramid in less than 11 years. Paul and Wayne have been instrumental to that rise - let's not simply brush that aside.

The gap between the top teams in the NPL and those just trying to survive is growing larger each season. Perhaps we as co-owners and supporters have not been doing enough to help plug that financial chasm and thus provide the resources necessary to genuinely compete at this level. Did we heed the warnings? Is Boost the Budget too little, too late?

We are ultimately a club created by the fans, for the fans. So are we not partly to blame? Should we not take a long look in the mirror and ask ourselves why we find ourselves in this predicament?

Any new management team is going to need a damn sight more than just vocal support if we seriously want to consolidate our position in this league and push on next year...
Disagree with this I’m afraid Steve - lack of forward planning and not being ready for the cup games at the start each season as a result and going straight out of everything every season has a huge impact on the budget and the management can only take the blame for that.

I, for one, wasn’t calling for them to go but can see the benefit of somebody new as it seems to have been stale for a long period now.

As one of the vocal ones about needing change at the club, I’d like to thank both for everything they did for the club during their time, that can’t be taken away from them and everyone at the club will be forever thankful and wish them all the best in whatever comes next for both.

But I’m of the opinion they had brought us as far as they could, and welcome the possibility of change and will be there on Saturday to support the Matt and Jonah in the temporary roles and the lads on the pitch.

Congratulations to the GoBo out brigade you got what you wanted........I look forward to seeing things magically turn around for a new manager working with the same restrictions......if we can find one willing to put up with it 🤷

I was vocal myself of some of the tactics and substitutions used by them but it's undeniable the amount of time and effort that they have put into the club over the years and I thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best for their futures 👍👏💚

Back