• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bow and Goody step down

Just hope we don’t go with one of the usual journey men! Our profile has never been this and we need to retain our identity. Going against our principles at this point would be detrimental to the club in my opinion. Young ambitious with fresh ideas please! Someone who knows he sense of community our club is and gets us!

Let’s hope our board act as swift and bring in someone who gets us as a club and not someone who will see us as a stepping stone

Pretty sure they're looking to bring someone in with the same ideals. Competitive football, community spirit etc.
While hoping for competitive football, I really do hope we don’t get caught up again with negative tactics and poor footballing standards as otherwise we will be back exactly where we were with Paul and Wayne at the end point - it’s time for something new and to use this as a positive opportunity.

While understanding where people come from with the “gets us as a club” rhetoric, they can do this and be ambitious, someone who is ambitious and has clear plans to excite us with both the football on the pitch and their vision is what we need. Good football will encourage neutrals who come to come again (which is what I fear we’ve been lacking in recent years).

Reactions: Ben
While understanding where people come from with the “gets us as a club” rhetoric, they can do this and be ambitious, someone who is ambitious and has clear plans to excite us with both the football on the pitch and their vision is what we need. Good football will encourage neutrals who come to come again (which is what I fear we’ve been lacking in recent years).
We have to. It helps to inspire the fan base as well and gather momentum and excitement about going to the games and the season ahead.

While hoping for competitive football, I really do hope we don’t get caught up again with negative tactics and poor footballing standards as otherwise we will be back exactly where we were with Paul and Wayne at the end point - it’s time for something new and to use this as a positive opportunity.

Everyone is after that elusive manager who can create something from nothing, with nothing. Its a pipe dream really. The reality is hard work and more hard work both on and off the pitch.

Everyone is after that elusive manager who can create something from nothing, with nothing. Its a pipe dream really. The reality is hard work and more hard work both on and off the pitch.

Spot on.

Although of course it’s important that any new manager shares our ethos, I would rather the best person for the job be chosen based on their experience and pedigree, for instance at this level, and a desire to want to play attacking football and like you say, have an ambitious vision that will excite fans who do watch us and tempt those that we need to attract to increase gates.

We need to appoint someone with a different philosophy to the previous management team, not more of the same.

Spot on.

Although of course it’s important that any new manager shares our ethos, I would rather the best person for the job be chosen based on their experience and pedigree, for instance at this level, and a desire to want to play attacking football and like you say, have an ambitious vision that will excite fans who do watch us and tempt those that we need to attract to increase gates.

We need to appoint someone with a different philosophy to the previous management team, not more of the same.
Agree, someone young and ambitious. I’d look at the lower leagues and promote that way, otherwise we’ll get the usual journey man who does the rounds at this level

One things for certain, the current boards tenure will be judged on the appointment so it needs to be right.

We need somebody who has the skills and expertise to drill our squad well and bring in a few new additions. Get them fit and get them organised and that’s half the battle - just look at avro.

Back