• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"Bit shit today wannit! '

Sick of reading moronic statements on here complaining and moaning about the team, its VERY simple if you don't like it then sod off and go and be negative somewhere else!!!!
To be honest Josh, you've been the first to be negative in the past when it comes to the team performance. So pot calling the kettle black.

Hope that is not directed at me ? Most people probably know who I am now at the game...

Ment as a whole, that's social media for u..
Who'd of thought we all support the same team and want the same thing...

This comes back to my earlier post, if we were told more then I think we'd understand more, why can't the email include ins outs (Martin hill today as an example) injured suspended etc etc, then after a game get a managers reaction and views of how we set up, wot went wrong or right etc etc, when Ian's explained in the past it has made sense but when u don't know this post happens....

We do not seem to get over the fact that the "high ball" mentality does not work, the excuse that was once there that this play was due to the bad playing pitch, no problem there anymore so how about playing the ball where it should be played, on the deck. I know that we will get back to where with s full squad to choose from.

Some surprising results yesterday looks like the league will be a close run thing.

Toddy I think you are correct. Having seen quite a few teams now everyone seems to be up and down. Linnets were average but ruthless against us but the Tuesday afterwards were excellent and yet they have now lost two at home and it's still September. It is a similar story for Atherton, AFC Liverpool and Nelson. Colne are the only ones so far that seem to be consistent.
All this really means is although recent results have been disappointing all is certainly not lost. Yes we need injuries to clear up quickly and some additions would be welcome. But the biggest thing on here is the style of play. Ian needs the right players available to play certain systems. Hopefully this will come. Please continue to support the lads and also voice your opinions on here it in a constructive way saying how you would change things, not just slating the players.
Personally I think Ian needs his senior players, Conkie, Brandon etc to rally round the squad and help get them motivated.
There is still loads of the season left to turn this into a great season.

Out of interest, how many goals has Brandon scored for 1874? Could have had a hatrick yesterday.

Won't find me slating any players - they try their best. Hopefully streety will put out a strong side against rudheath and they will win.

Ment as a whole, that's social media for u..
Who'd of thought we all support the same team and want the same thing...

This comes back to my earlier post, if we were told more then I think we'd understand more, why can't the email include ins outs (Martin hill today as an example) injured suspended etc etc, then after a game get a managers reaction and views of how we set up, wot went wrong or right etc etc, when Ian's explained in the past it has made sense but when u don't know this post happens....

I have to disagree on the statement that the club doesn't communicate.
I know for a fact how hard the guys and girls behind the scenes work on this issue. If you think you can help in anyway with any facet you think the club aren't doing well then talk to us. Maybe you could volunteer to interview Streety after the game?
Brian Edge does the newsletter working closely with Vicki for any current news items, Mark Riding and Mark Edgeley do the website and forum, Garry Clarke writes and publishes all the game reports, Jack Owen helps with social media, I film and edit the games and Trev Smith edits the midweek games. Most of us have full time jobs as well (apologies if I've missed anyone out!)
None of us take a bean from the club, and wouldn't dream of it either, we do it for the club, the fans and the team and to the best of our abilities.
Have a look around the non league websites. There are some absolute howlers out there.
We more than most know what lack of communication between those that run the club and those that follow the club leads to - distrust, disenchantment and dismay.
I think we do fine and dandy for a small non-league football club.

Having said all that I'm sure that Brian will take on board any constructive remarks and act upon them accordingly.
Up the '74.

Alot of people are doing alot of great things for our club, and it is appreciated. My only constructive criticism is on player matters.
I've turned up for games and new players have appeared on the team sheet and only yesterday Martin hill who we thought was in our squad, played against us.
Could the newsletter in the preview not include who's injured, suspended, new, etc etc,

Ian mentioned putting 7 days notice on 4 players, why can't we be told who they are, fans love knowing your team is in for players, if they turn us down so be it,

Witton Albion kick off when outsiders join and post personal opinions on their forum, attituďe is "Its Wittons Forum for Witton fans only" and I can't remember the last time the JRFC clique had an argument or disagreement, that's pathetic!

Our fans differing views and opinions set our forum at the top of Mid Cheshire clubs, it's true democracy but suggest fans/members stop having a pop at the mods. They are also fans of the club and also volunteers, giving up their time to moderate our independent forum. Be grateful we have such people willing to prevent our forum turning into farce.

Last edited:
Think u all do wonderful things for the club chubbs (see I can be positive when it's worth it) personally think Vicky should be on the board.
I think driftwood is correct though in saying that we don't as fans (owners) get a lot of communication about the playing side of things. Maybe we could do with some sort of supporter liaison officer who is in direct contact with the manager ( no not me) . What we need to ensure is that a clique doesn't develop within the club. We all should appreciate the work others put in on our behalf, but remember these are volunteers no one is pushing them to do it.
We all need to be in this together whether it's being negative, positive, critical or just downright have an opinion. Driftwood has my vote for a new role !

Think u all do wonderful things for the club chubbs (see I can be positive when it's worth it) personally think Vicky should be on the board.
I think driftwood is correct though in saying that we don't as fans (owners) get a lot of communication about the playing side of things. Maybe we could do with some sort of supporter liaison officer who is in direct contact with the manager ( no not me) . What we need to ensure is that a clique doesn't develop within the club. We all should appreciate the work others put in on our behalf, but remember these are volunteers no one is pushing them to do it.
We all need to be in this together whether it's being negative, positive, critical or just downright have an opinion. Driftwood has my vote for a new role !

Want, want, take, take, I'm fed up of hearing fans moaning and whinging about what they want 'others' to do on their behalf. FFS, we have a fan owned football club, run by fans for the fans. Our board have their own jobs and lives, be grateful for what they do for free and stop asking for more, show some bloody respect.

Would a post-match interview with the manager be something that people would be interested in, providing that Ian would be willing to agree to it? It is something that the radio team and myself could potentially look into once we are up and running if it was practical to do so?

Not saying this would happen as it's just an idea I've had, but please let me know if its something that you would be interested in?

Thanks for that.
You're quite right about the clique thing (just take a look at a post on Linnets forum) but I think the mix we have on our board means that isn't likely to happen as there are a lot of big characters with different approaches to issues (and Rob would slap them down if that started to happen!)
In reply to the point about Vicki, unfortunately the way an Industrial & Provident Society is run (which is what we are) the secretary's role is an appointment by the board at the first board meeting following an AGM not an electable board position - this goes for Rob Ashcroft as well, the society secretary. I know, as I used to do the job (but nowhere near as well as these two!)
As Callum has intimated above he and a few others are hoping to set up 1874 Radio in the coming weeks with live internet commentary of the games and maybe this is something we can carry forward with manager interviews post match.
We're coming up on our third birthday soon, we're not doing bad for a 3 year old!

Haven't the foggiest who Muffin is - won't lose any sleep wondering who or what motives they may or may not have but he/she is an exclusive member of just about 300 people on this planet who care enough to share an interest.

No mention of Martin Hill moving on prior to being listed on away team sheet on Sat + there was a unofficial post on this forum about last season top scorer Beads being unavailable.

A lot of talk about gravy since the summer but Oxo has been playing at X and Bisto has been getting game time at Y - but we were scraping the sauciere on Saturday.

It's a solid point made about comms on the footy side and not the first time this has been raised in the three years. Appreciate some info is not for the open, but basic player availability and confirmed ins & outs should be shared with the entire fanbase. If help is needed, enough members have my number to pick up the phone - if not, please take it as constructive criticism to improve in this area - no motives here.

To be fair, there's not many supporters at this level who have a newsletter emailed directly to them every Friday and texts with important news.

Back