• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 v Albion

To put this in this perspective Witton are 2pts ahead of a very poor 1874 side from what I’ve witnessed
??
Yep, can only go on the two games against them, they look a better team than us easily, I don’t have a clue how they have played in their other games.

You have to laugh at these Swampies, you never hear from them for months, then one win and they think they are going to get promotion
even with our current squad issues, I am very happy that I am a green !
Now then Graham. Have a heart. Just cos it wasn't the boring 0-0 , draw you thought it would be lol. I think most folk thought it was going to be a tight game, so the result was totally unexpected in both camps hence the extreme reactions.

I don't think there was much of a quality difference between the teams hence the league positions but witton had the desire to win every ball again whereas a couple of players apart we didn't seem to believe, the fact we create very little in nearly every game says it all, 1/2 shots on target yesterday was shocking and makes it difficult for the crowd to have anything to shout about, tactics and set up are all wrong and not heard our managers comments but will be interesting, some of ours left at half time which is not good, probably 200/250 neutrals there yesterday but can't see any coming back to watch that, unfortunately recent results are worrying and we are going backwards quickly.

Witton were undoubted deserved winners, any team would be when 3 goals are handed to you on a plate, through poor defending and goal keeping.

Factor in 74 being an extremely negative team, there was little to worry about for the Witton defence.

Leek are still by far the best team we’ve faced at Barnton this season.

Witton should enjoy their deserved victory, but wouldn’t get too carried away with talk of promotion. They at the end of the day have 3 players at the back from our North West Counties squad

Witton were undoubted deserved winners, any team would be when 3 goals are handed to you on a plate, through poor defending and goal keeping.

Factor in 74 being an extremely negative team, there was little to worry about for the Witton defence.

Leek are still by far the best team we’ve faced at Barnton this season.

Witton should enjoy their deserved victory, but wouldn’t get too carried away with talk of promotion. They at the end of the day have 3 players at the back from our North West County squad
They do and at least 2 of them would get back in our team straight away.

Quality difference was massive, hence the drubbing! 74 players were resorting to fouling for the most part. Witton were slick and one step ahead all the time, 74 couldn’t deal with it. Men against boys.

7 losses in our last 8 games. 7 goals scored in our last 9.

The next few games are crucial in what direction our season will go.

Fully backing Wayne and Paul to turn this run around like they always do, sometimes I wish we just lost to Macc.

See everyone at Leek!
I also back Wayne and Paul. But recent results and the goals for column speaks for itself!

And maybe time for Ash Woods to come back - assuming he wants to - just to change the dynamic of the team in the final third! We’ve just become oh, so predictable and sluggish as of late

I also back Wayne and Paul. But recent results and the goals for column speaks for itself!

And maybe time for Ash Woods to come back - assuming he wants to - just to change the dynamic of the team in the final third! We’ve just become oh, so predictable and sluggish as of late
I agree James.

A new signing or two would do the team and the fans well I feel.

Had a couple of days of reflection on Mondays debacle.
1. There were about 300 Wittoners and 300, 74 fans the rest being made up of curious locals/ groundhoppers etc, not 650 greens?
2. We are in a relegation fight - only 5 points above the zone.
3. Ben Woods offers nothing going forward compared to other players we have on the left and not much else in defence.
4. Can we have the Fenton Green back that signed a contract please as I don't recognise the current incarnation.
5. JOSH NEEDS SUPPORT UP FRONT
6.JOSH NEEDS SUPPORT UP FRONT.
Musings over.
(Did I mention Josh needs support up front?)

Last edited:
When Nature Calls What GIF by ABC Network

Had a couple of days of reflection on Mondays debacle.
1. There were about 300 Wittoners and 300, 74 fans the rest being made up of curious locals/ groundhoppers etc, not 650 greens?
2. We are in a relegation fight - only 5 points above the zone.
3. Ash Woods offers nothing going forward compared to other players we have on the left and not much else in defence.
4. Can we have the Fenton Green back that signed a contract please as I don't recognise the current incarnation.
5. JOSH NEEDS SUPPORT UP FRONT
6.JOSH NEEDS SUPPORT UP FRONT.
Musings over.
(Did I mention Josh needs support up front?)
I think that you meant Ben Woods! ??

Last edited:
No point in bringing Ash Woods back, if Goodie continues to play one up front.......

Did I miss the post match interview from Boxing Day?

Back