• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 v Albion

Witton man

Jul 28, 2022
Doesn’t look like there will be much football this weekend so our next games will probably be Boxing Day!

Should be a good game between two evenly matched teams. Any predictions? I’ll go 2-1 Witton in front of 750. Out of interest what’s the capacity at Barnton?

Up the albs!

I think it's around 1200.

We'll probably be missing Mark Jones due to suspension so I think it'll be 3-1 win for us in front of 976

You seem to be strong at home and our away form isn’t the best, but you’ve got to be optimistic in a derby haven't you!

Hope you’re right on the gate and the neutrals turn out in force. Been a while since there was a ‘proper derby’ at Christmas. No disrespect to the likes of Nantwich or Warrington but it’s not the same. We just need this ice and snow to disappear!

Jumping on this thread.
Does anyone have a small gazebo, similar to our 1874 gazebo that we can borrow on Boxing Day.
I can collect and deliver back.
Thanks.

Think we’ll beat our record for a home game.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see it surpass 800.

Quite a few of the team know just how much this game means to us, so hopefully the local lads can get the others to raise their game.
Just hoping that we can get the result and what a boost it would be for the club
All the best lads, go out there and make us proud

In case you've not seen it via socials & the newsletter

Parking wise Boxing Day, please help us keep it sensible: Off street FREE parking is available at Barnton Primary School, Barnton library or on the small car park at the rear of the Co-op situated at the bottom of Townfield Lane.

Paid parking is available at the Memorial Hall for a small fee (levied by Memorial Hall, not 1874 or Barnton FC). Please help us keep up the good terms with residents local to the ground.

That was awful. Really poor.

We are lacking in midfield, have been all season. Can’t understand why the management haven’t seemed rectified that.

Only positive today was the fantastic gate of 830. Excellent when you considered there only was 175/200 cheering for Witton.

Should have been “Go out there and humiliate us boys.”

Because that was what today was. Humiliating.

So, so negative AGAIN! Sick and tired of saying it. Josh scored 20 goals for CoL last season, so far he’s got one for us. Read into that what you wish.

The worst 45 minutes in the history of the club by a country mile. And in front of our record home league attendance.

Spineless and shambolic.

As you can tell, I’m not happy.

I'm struggling how pretty much the same side won at Macc.

We were second to everything today.
The wide players were dragged back into midfield meaning we offered nothing going forward. Joe & Josh also sank deeper looking for the ball.

Shockingly bad.

Not having seen much live football for a while (due to not being so well) I didn't know what to expect., nor I suspect did most Albion fans, although there have been some indications lately that the rebuilt team was gaining some momentum. Whether WAFC were good or 1874 having a poor day is open to debate but, as ever the case, the trick is never to get too high or too low. History will record this event as just a book mark in the history of both clubs. Neither club is likely to look at the result as a turning point in season that lead to promotion - so the fundamentals for both clubs are unchanged and the bigger challenges about keeping teams playing at a decent level remain.

Well I think the previous comments have been kind.
I have never been so embarrassed as an 1874 supporter.
I feel we need an explanation from the management team as to why we were so poor.
Lack of commitment , shambolic and amateurish defending. Poor goalkeeping. None existent midfield and a No 9 who consistently has his back to the opposition goal ( I’m not complaining about his work ethic btw but he has no support or decent balls he can run on to ).
I just do not like the way we play. Far too defensive especially at home. Been saying this all season.
We’ve been building up to a defeat like this for a while now but such a shame it was against Witton who btw thoroughly deserved their comprehensive win.
Only good thing is the attendance. Be lucky to get a third of that next home game.
Just terrible.

Hard to watch today and as others have said can’t believe the lack of desire
Just not good enough and against a team that were also poor, but they worked hard and took their chances, even if we helped them to at least 2 goals.
The squad needs more quality, before we start the fight to stay up, currently I can’t see us being strong enough to avoid relegation

Well I think the previous comments have been kind.
I have never been so embarrassed as an 1874 supporter.
I feel we need an explanation from the management team as to why we were so poor.
Lack of commitment , shambolic and amateurish defending. Poor goalkeeping. None existent midfield and a No 9 who consistently has his back to the opposition goal ( I’m not complaining about his work ethic btw but he has no support or decent balls he can run on to ).
I just do not like the way we play. Far too defensive especially at home. Been saying this all season.
We’ve been building up to a defeat like this for a while now but such a shame it was against Witton who btw thoroughly deserved their comprehensive win.
Only good thing is the attendance. Be lucky to get a third of that next home game.
Just terrible.
Agree 109%

I’ve been to two games this season!! Witton away & Witton home. I honestly thought the away game was bad enough and thought I’d give them the benefit of the doubt and give them another chance but this was even more horrific!!!
I’m sorry to say I think the team is going backwards in regards of fight / passion / pride
They totally lack any commitment and lack leaders who are prepared to fight for the cause..
836 supporters- 650 + of them I would guess were greens .
If the players and management aren’t embarrassed by this, then they don’t deserve to be there !!
I accept at this level they aren’t going to be world beaters. What I can’t accept is the other elements I’ve mentioned..
Appalling / pathetic!!!!!!

The above 2 or 3 posts sums it up spot on, this debacle will not help build crowd's but will lead to some regulars not coming at all, still cannot believe what I have just watched.

Back