• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News 1874 Northwich FC Open Meeting

There is the possibility of changing the membership year as well to the start of the season as it will be easier to recruit owners at the start of the season than in December and it makes it easier for John and Guy to compile their accounts if all membership subscriptions can be counted in one financial year.

I don't know if benefits of silver membership beyond the warm, fluffy feeling of doing one's bit will materialise but there's good sense in mapping the membership year start to the season start (or the season end). This would then make it easier to implement footy-related benefits.

100% with Blackie on this one we have the green and don't need claret, My opinion is its a horrible colour and I don't believe will be a good seller, Purple would be good and would match my 1874 polo.

Well Phil I took four orders for the new claret replica shirts on Tuesday night ( that's three more than our orders for PURPLE polo shirts lol!)

Nothing wrong with linking 1874 and the mighty Spurs.
Made my distress at an Orient comeback even more painful in a previous life.
Vics V Spurs would have been a dream come true.
Mind you - maybe this year for us ?

No my purple polo is an 1874 one thanks to Brian, Yes the spurs game would have been good but who knows we are back in the fa cup this year.

We currently have 70 members that willingly contribute £10/month and ask for no insentives. The aim is to increase that number by offering something in return, so how about a brick?

£10/month/Silver Member buys a brick for the back in Northwich Fund

We could call it the BAB4BIN....... Buy A Brick For Back In Northwich

No! Ive not been drinking and left my coat at home....... Just a thought. :sorry

Back in the day i used to play for northwich town, and we had an away shirt just like that one, happy memories for me, the only downside being that people have mentioned "l*ftwich" (shudders) the rudheath lad inside me simply cannot allow such talk on this forum lol

As a Leftwich lad Tim, I feel sorry for you hailing from Rudheath!

Not that I went to the High School of course. I'm old enough to have gone to Johnny Deanes Grammar - along with a few other Board members!

Not that it is an old boys club or clique you understand - we'll happily accept people who didn't go to SJD onto the Board!

For what it's worth ...
- not personally at all keen on the claret/blue, but hey-ho there are more important things to worry about.
- having season-based membership is a very sensible option in my opinion
- some promotion of a form of BIN fund would be good, though it probably needs formalising properly. This aspect of club development is a million times more important than away kit colours.
- Leftwich? Rudheath? All insignificant outposts of civilisation compared with Lostock Gralam. ;)

We currently have 70 members that willingly contribute £10/month and ask for no insentives. The aim is to increase that number by offering something in return, so how about a brick?

£10/month/Silver Member buys a brick for the back in Northwich Fund

We could call it the BAB4BIN....... Buy A Brick For Back In Northwich

No! Ive not been drinking and left my coat at home....... Just a thought. :sorry

I feel there should be something extra for silver members, or whatever we call them in the future. The one thing the club has that is always in demand is access to people in the club. Given we have very limited resources to entertain at the ground (unlike at the VS) I think perhaps two free lunches a year at a pub, or one free evening meal at a better restaurant, where club officials are also present and can be represented at every table and move around. Everyone gets to talk to Board members, managerial staff and some players? Whilst everything is going well I'm sure people are just grateful for 1874 to exist but in the future there will be downs as well as ups and this is a great way to make people feel noticed and appreciated.

The BAB4BAB scheme could be a good focus as the prospect of a new ground starts to turn into reality

BAB4BIN... I like that Tony, a line we could move forward with. Individuals who can't afford to pay monthly could be encouraged to purchase on an ad hoc basis. £10.00 per brick x 500,000 bricks.

For what it's worth ...
- not personally at all keen on the claret/blue, but hey-ho there are more important things to worry about.
- having season-based membership is a very sensible option in my opinion
- some promotion of a form of BIN fund would be good, though it probably needs formalising properly. This aspect of club development is a million times more important than away kit colours.
- Leftwich? Rudheath? All insignificant outposts of civilisation compared with Lostock Gralam. ;)
Sorry I thought I was allowed to express an opinion on this forum no matter how minor or major the subject!
I know there are far more important issues to be resolved but I had an opinion on this subject so I wrote what I thought.
Obviously our opinions/rants aren't as important (or as long!) as yours.
Perhaps those of us that actually attend the matches would have liked a better looking kit to wear ( and buy!).

Last edited:
How about free entrance to cup matches for Silver members who have season tickets
£10 per month, £120 per year cannot see us playing 24 home cup matches a season therefor club would still financially benefit.

You are allowed an opinion. I am allowed an opinion. My opinion was not a reaction to your opinion but a reaction to the matters under discussion. To be honest, I did not even pay attention to who said what. Apologies if you felt personally critisised.

I stand by my opinion that I personally do not care for claret and blue but cannot get too worked up about it.
I stand by my opinion that the BIN aspect is the most important thing looking forward (but also know that this is very long-term and won't happen overnight)

You are entitled not to read my posts if you see they are too long for you. You are even entitled to believe that my views are irrelevant because I do not live locally. I happen not to share that view - otherwise I would not have bothered to travel up just to vote in person in November 2012 and I'd spend my time watching Wimborne Town. As I am one of those unfortunates who does not live anywhere local this is one of the few places I can maintain regular contact with the club and exchange views with other supporters/co-owners, and I will continue to do so.

Just been reading the open fans meeting notes of the website and notice that we may need to increase our admission prices to game, well that's what I read it as.

If so how much will the prices go up? Tbh with you prices in the NWCFL prem league are pretty much the same as Div 1 at £5 for adults, apart from clubs like Congleton Town, Winsford United who charges £6 for adults to get in.

Seems fair enough, but I hope it doesn't go over that for the time been, we don't want to start over charging the community now do we? :)

There is a need to increase prices for two reasons - hitting the VAT threshold (turnover greater than £81000) and the increased costs of playing in a higher league. In part this should be offset by increased attendances and the continued brilliant fund raising efforts. VAT is 20% so that is a minimum of £1 increase that has no benefit to the club and goes straight to HMRC. A pound increase is I think the maximum. So the question is will increased attendances plus fund raising offset the increased costs.

How about free entrance to cup matches for Silver members who have season tickets
£10 per month, £120 per year cannot see us playing 24 home cup matches a season therefor club would still financially benefit.
I don't think you would able to let anyone on for free in cup match's,as all have to pay even season ticket holders.The gate money is shared with the other club

Back