• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News 1874 Northwich FC Open Meeting

T

Tony Fallows

There will be an Open Meeting for all 1874 Northwich FC fans on Tuesday 3rd June 2014 at 8pm at the Lostock Club.

This meeting is open to all and you can ask questions, offer advice, be critical, offer support or make suggestions to Board members who will be in attendance.

If you know of any friend, neighbour, ex-NVFC fan, or acquaintance then please feel free to ask them along to see what YOUR club has to offer.

If there are any individuals unable to attend then please forward to Board member any queries that you may have.

Tony Fallows

iHa9kElVWCY

Continue reading...

Reactions: Tez
Great opportunity to showcase to friends and family still unattached or unaware what 1874 is all about and get them aboard, either as a new fan and maybe even signed up as a ST member.

Would it be possible to have some sort of summary of the evening? Realise it's not always easy to jot down chapter and verse, but brief details of the topics/questions which come under discussion would be most welcome and much appreciated.

I will brush off my minute taking skills Tez and post some notes on here :writing

Reactions: Tez
@Vicki England Can we post questions in this thread so you, or a.n.other, can ask them on the night?

Yes absolutely no problem! Supporters can post their questions here or email them to [email protected] and I will make sure that they are addressed on the night.

1874 Northwich Juniors FC ?
Start with one age group, lets say under 7's and build slowly.
Huge publicity and potential for the club in the local and wider community.

Think (hope) I know the answer to this already, but worth asking the question anyway.

Five days ago we were planning a budget for next season which reflected a Division One promotion push. Does our recent surprise promotion prompt a revision of that budget or will the Board continue its previously successful pragmatic approach to managing the club finances?

I have a question please for tonight....

Are there any plans to differenciate between Bronze and Silver members?

If so, what are these?

There may be a significant number converting to silver if there were benefits in doing so (other than a 'feel good' factor) just some thoughts...... discount in the shop / 5 'free' trips on the bus to away games / 1 free 50/50 or golden goal per home game etc.. etc..

I have a question please for tonight....

Are there any plans to differenciate between Bronze and Silver members?

If so, what are these?

There may be a significant number converting to silver if there were benefits in doing so (other than a 'feel good' factor) just some thoughts...... discount in the shop / 5 'free' trips on the bus to away games / 1 free 50/50 or golden goal per home game etc.. etc..

Or maybe just one category now? It was touched upon briefly around the time of the AGM, but seems to have been put on the back burner since then.

Silver/Bronze is certainly a topic worthy of debate. Like the idea of giving Silver members a discount on merchandise.

The key longer-term question for tonight though has to be regarding any updates on progress with regard to returning to Northwich. I appreciate that there are delicate issues involved in all of this, and aspects which might not be appropriate to put in the public domain at this stage (and I hope that most fans will also appreciate these points), but given that the reasons for our promotion can at least in part be found in a club going under because of the crippling rental for playing at a neighbouring ground, I think we need some concrete reassurance that progress is being made. We are no FCUM, but we are akin to Runcorn Linnets, so I would like to know how closely the relevant Board members are communicating with clubs such as RL specifically on issues around getting a ground planned and built. Also, in vague outline I suspect, what are the ball-park plans with regard to how such a move might possibly be financed?

New away kit for next season, due to it being a "bit of a devil to wash white". Co-owners' second choice - claret and blue - will be used for the 2014/15 campaign.

Edit - Here's how it looks (courtesy of Jack Owen/1874 Live Twitter account):

BpPAqT1CMAIzhln.jpg

Last edited:
At a first glance, I thought that was the goalkeeper jersey, looks nice though. Any other points to come out from the meeting?

I love the new away kit, prefer it to the white one!

Any updates on the ground situation?

I know I'll be in the minority here but...bleuuuuurgghh. :eek:

No worries though - I'll take democracy and a well-run club over taste.

Moot point (as another vote wasn't a sensible option) but I wonder if now that some time has passed since the original vote when everyone was still a bit raw and now that we're moving towards a new identity, if claret and blue would've featured so highly.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Nicki its a more practical and cost effective option as white kit does look good its not the best on some of the pitch' we play on and was the second option the fans voted on,Its going to save my back as well bent over the bath scrubbing them for hours as well.:)

Reactions: Ben
Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the reason for the change and I remember you doing your best to deter us voting for white at the time!! :D

Just the choice of claret and blue - another very ex-Vics choice - voted for when people were struggling to leave the past behind. I was just questioning if they would've been the colours of choice now. Probably.

Vics and Leftwich High colours - just too many bad memories in one shirt for me! ;)

Back