• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Wittonwonder if you look at some earlier post's on this thread you might see the game you mean,maybe you confirm who Witton's goalkeeper was.

Wittonwonder if you look at some earlier post's on this thread you might see the game you mean,maybe you confirm who Witton's goalkeeper was.

Must have been Keith Mason I think, Joey Palladino the boxer came later than that.

Keith Mason may have been your regular,but I have a feeling the goalkeeper was a stand in,and I have it in mind he was a boxer could be wrong.
Paul,Vagrants used to get more than 72 on Chinker's.

Keith Mason may have been your regular,but I have a feeling the goalkeeper was a stand in,and I have it in mind he was a boxer could be wrong.
Paul,Vagrants used to get more than 72 on Chinker's.
Toddy we got almost twice as many against V*cs than you did the other night just a few weeks ago.

Paul even you can not put good spin on a gate of 72 against a local team.

Toddy we got almost twice as many against V*cs than you did the other night just a few weeks ago.
You are not seriously comparing your Boxing Day game with a midweek CSC match, are you?

You are not seriously comparing your Boxing Day game with a midweek CSC match, are you?
Why not, can you give me another game to compare it too? Both were against V*cs. Toddy was making a similar comparison with our reserve team playing in a CSC game midweek?

For the record if 1874 are in our league next season (if we do not get promoted) I suspect a 700-800 gate against yourselves. Which would be good for Mid Cheshire football I'm sure you would agree?

Paul I still think it was Zelam or a name like that,I'm almost sure it was not Palladino.
Paul it was Witton who played in mid-week,it does not matter what the team was,it will be Witton Albion in the draw for the next round.

Wittoners knew that we would have a very weak team out at Barnton and hoped/expected to lose ! most choose not to bother and it was away at Barnton on an awful night with little or no cover available, so try to be sensible with your arguments - 605 vs V**s at Home is a direct comparison to your 355 vs V**s at home how direct do you want it ?
PS Im pretty sure it was Joey Palladino (who was a boxer also) as well.

Yeah but Boxing Day was your 'cup final'. :scarf:

It's not a direct comparison at all but then I know you know that too.

Oh and another answer for TB, Yes we have now received our large windfall will clear our debts and allow us to invest in projects but we wont be blowing it on player budget ! we will run lean as usual maybe we will add one or two but all with our budget constraints.

So you are saying Cj you only watch your team if you think they will win,and you will not get cold and it's not as far as Barnton.

So you agree with me CJ about the fair weather fans,the point I was making about the very poor gate.

Oh and another answer for TB, Yes we have now received our large windfall will clear our debts and allow us to invest in projects but we wont be blowing it on player budget ! we will run lean as usual maybe we will add one or two but all with our budget constraints.

Is that the Thor buying Roberts scrapyard windwall?
Something that probably means Witton will never be able to sell the ground for housing so will actually lose them a lot more in the long term.

Back