• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

I see on the Witton forum WHS is calling us all thieves at 1874,and he is not banned(how personal do you have to be)seem's Blackie was unfairly treated with his ban.Or you could say discriminated against due to the team he supports.

Last edited:
I see on the Witton forum WHS is calling us all thieves at 1874,and he is not banned(how personal do you have to be)seem's Blackie was unfairly treated with his ban.Or you could say discriminated against due to the team he supports.
I would back our corner toddy but......!

Blackie most people have the right to reply,but not on the Witton forum,they can say what they like but gag any right to reply.Hope you are taking note Turncoat you are very welcome on here as are other Witton poster's.

Well well, witton fans were laughing at our league cup attendance at silsden.
Today, despite sitting 4th in the table with enough games in hand to go top they pulled in a massive........214 :oops:!!.
(Waits for Christmas shopping excuses!!:rolleyes:...........)

Bet they did not spend much,if they can't afford to alter the date on the stand.

Bit rich someone havin a go at attendances who didn't attended themselves.
Sorry I have one of those things called......... a job!
It's a way of earning honest money......oops, sorry forgot I was talking to a wittoner! :finger.
Btw, I mentioned your position, point of the post doh!!
(Not too bright these swampies are they!o_O.)

Sorry I have one of those things called......... a job!
It's a way of earning honest money......oops, sorry forgot I was talking to a wittoner! :finger.
Btw, I mentioned your position, point of the post doh!!
(Not too bright these swampies are they!o_O.)
Oh the irony! Coming from one of the very few to have EVER been banned from the WAFC forum too :finger

Last edited:
Irony?! Not sure what your point? What irony?
What's being banned to do with having a job and earning honest money?
And let's face it, banning me for insulting whs was just a cover for the fact you lot can stand being proven wrong and losing arguments!

Just in case you missed it - WAFC 4 - Boston 2. Home to Chester on Saturday. Not quite freefall eh?

What would you call it the more you win the less you get,214 on Saturday win 5-0,and 194 to-night in a big cup tie.

To be fair they will probably make alot now they have Chester at home on Saturday which will probably make up for that gate tonight

Now then Toddy, don't be a bitter green. Credit where its due - a fabulous result and prize money in the bank !

This Saturday against Chester will be the biggest game in Northwich for a long time I can't wait! Bring em on!:singing

You have to admit that, allied to their earlier cup wins v Kettering, Buxton and now Boston - all of whom are ahead of them in terms of league ranking - Witton do appear to have a handy side this season.

Should be an interesting game next Tuesday then!

As far as the attendance at WP tonight, yes, it must be disappointing given their current form and results.

But unfortunately, as we any many other non-league clubs are experiencing, watching live, local football on a cold December night is becoming less attractive to the 'younger' generation whom have been brought up to watching 'big' games on TV in the comfort of their own homes or the local boozer with cheap supermarket booze or discounted pub prices.

How might we reverse this trend?

If I knew this then I would probably be a rich man.

But hopefully the sub-committee that has been set up to look at this very issue will come up with some good and novel ideas.

So, I would throw out the challenge to all our fans and members.

If you have any ideas or thoughts - however daft you might think they are - re how we might increase the numbers who watch 1874, then let us know and volunteer to join the sub-committee!

After all, it is your club and the Board don't have the exclusivity on good ideas!

What would you call it the more you win the less you get,214 on Saturday win 5-0,and 194 to-night in a big cup tie.
Don't you worry Toddy everyone will be down on Saturday. Chester will bring a lot too I would have thought.

That's not the point Paul 'if you read my post I did say you are doing well.but your gate's are not on the increase,and no matter what the gate is against Chester,It's a one off game,you are having success and so your gate's should be on the increase but they are not.That should be very worring to your Board.Yes there will be fan's there who have not been all season it happen's at every club,but will they carrying all season,ask Vics they took an estimated 4,000 to Sunderland,then had under 500 next home game.The fact is Paul your gate's are deadful for the result's you are getting.

Back