• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

This isn't the Paul we all know and love, he's starting to sound like a JRFC fan with all this fairytale fantasy, has he been gripped by Rushe and labotomisd?:confused::eek:o_O
Tony, tony, tony - I am a realist. We have had a hiccup or two this season yes but we will be back stronger next season without doubt. Bigger priorities than the mid Cheshire cup that's for sure :singing

View attachment 931
Our pub league is one league below Witton, separated by 17 clubs.
We don't own our own ground but neither do Witton fans.
Davenham to the Barton Stadium 3.7 miles, Davenham to the Ant & Dec Stadium 3.6 miles
:eek:o_O:cyclops:wacky
The shareholders own Wittons ground, most of whom are Witton fans ;)
Why the Davenham comparison btw? Whatever next, a comparison of the Vics old heartland of Whitegate? :rolleyes:

What will be your bigger priorities Paul avoiding relegation,or surviving to the end of the season?.

I think we will go up next year toddy. If we don't and if you can get out of the D&D we will see you then.

It seems to be forgotten by Witton supporters that a large majority of the club shares are in the hands of two individuals who, when and if, the ground is sold to developers will assuredly will not be placing that money back into the club which will leave a VERY large hole in the club finances so where will they go from there, Mr 95% will certainly not be around to come to the rescue, but again !, the developers have to obtain their monies first.

Tony, tony, tony - I am a realist. We have had a hiccup or two this season yes but we will be back stronger next season without doubt. Bigger priorities than the mid Cheshire cup that's for sure :singing
Funny enough, that's what they keep saying at the end of each season!!
The mid Cheshire may not be a big trophy, but its a trophy. And don't let wittoners kid you, they would have love beating us, and getting a trophy in what's been another shite season for them. :D.
They wont admit it, but losing to a "pub team", particularly us, hurt and embarrassed them!! :egg.

They wont be getting all of the 30k for the playing budget, (if they actually get it at all!), and most will probably go on bills, ground repairs etc, and if they end up in the southern league, higher travelling expenses!!
Attendances will be lower having another impact on the playing budget. And they seem to think the quality of football is lower (we all know what happens when they presume that!!).:oops:.
On top of that, it will be harder getting players to sign to do all that travelling.
So let them give us the usual tales of good fortune and we will again remind them when it all goes pear shape ....again!! :confused:

Anyway, its nice to see them coming out of the woodwork. They've been a bit quiet after losing to the dog and duck!! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Paul why Vics heartland Whitegate?Please explain.
It was tongue in cheek toddy. I had always thought that many Vics supporters (going back over the years) lived in town, rudheath, lostock, leftwich etc - generally the north of Northwich. But people on here are saying that with 1874 it is not so much the case and that the majority of fans live in the south of Northwich. I find that interesting but im not sure it is actually correct. Not that it matters where your fans live but I was just making the point that historically I thought the majority of Vics fans lived in town and further north (and yes I know 1874 is a new club and not vics too).

Paul how historically has Whitegate got to do with Vics?.Whitegate has nothing to do with the history of Vic's,unless you know something I don't.

No I don't Toddy. It was just a reference to someone saying that 1874's support is generally south of Northwich, which I'm surprised at if true.

Paul what do you think about Tony's Photo on aftermath,it all looks very cosy don't you agree,and what about the claim Mr Rushe has nothing to do with Vic's.I will understand if you do not wish to answer.

The Evostik league chairman. What a disgrace. Surely he should be setting the standard. He should consider as league chairman his position if he is happy to take money from JRFC

Is that the Witton Albion FC and Northern Premier League Chairman in the company of a convicted coccaine conspirator?

received_10154185505301474.jpeg

Last edited:
Tony, just as it was a delight to welcome so many 1874 fans into the club for the final. It was a genuine pleasure meeting my arch nemesis tonight. :)
More importantly congratulations to Lauren and Adam on their engagement. A great couple with a bright future ahead.
Next time, can you make me look less fat and you not hold sick in your mouth?
Top man.

Tony, just as it was a delight to welcome so many 1874 fans into the club for the final. It was a genuine pleasure meeting my arch nemesis tonight. :)
More importantly congratulations to Lauren and Adam on their engagement. A great couple with a bright future ahead.
Next time, can you make me look less fat and you not hold sick in your mouth?
Top man.
Pleasure to meet you too Noel, for a Wittoner you're surprisingly a genuinely nice bloke with a great sense of humour and character and from what I witnessed you're a huge asset to WAFC.

For the record, I didn't drink last night as I was driving, so the bar ladies were safe. Just gutted I didn't get the chance to sample Noel G's famous 'flat' ale. Did however manage three pints of coke (Coke cola) of which a begrudgingly 30p went to WAFC.
Thanks for putting on a fantastic night for my youngest son and his future wife.
Anyone wishing to have an enjoyable party should seriously consider WASC, now who would have thought I'd ever say that?

Last edited:
At least we know why most of those crisp boxes in the background look empty!! :p.

At last WHS has stated the obvious on the Witton Forum.

Back