• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Screenshot_2016-04-21-17-15-56-1.png
Our pub league is one league below Witton, separated by 17 clubs.
We don't own our own ground but neither do Witton fans.
Davenham to the Barton Stadium 3.7 miles, Davenham to the Ant & Dec Stadium 3.6 miles
:eek:o_O:cyclops:wacky

Yes but Witton has a CW9 postcode and Winsford has a CW7 postcode and thats well worth paying over the odds in rent for.

The irony is that for most of the Green side of town which is the southern side of Northwich the Barton Stadium is nearer to their homes than Wincham and there is a Morrisons nearby!

Has't WHS something to do with a group that 1874 helped to raise funds for.Now he is calling us fit to burn,Does't that make him a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Cant be Toddy surely no-one would be that hypocritical and amoral.
If so I wonder whether he is starting to pick up one or two of JRs dubious practices although I am sure that Colin would approve.

Yes John he is that hypocritical,

Last edited:
Also to top of awful season for Witton they finished 11th which is there lowest position in the Non League pyramid since 1987

Is muy sourse mistaken when he tells me that both Witon and V**S have been moved into the Southern League Section for next season ?.

Is muy sourse mistaken when he tells me that both Witon and V**S have been moved into the Southern League Section for next season ?.

He is, they don't do the divisions until they know the clubs!

It will be a couple of months yet before that comes out.

Arguably both are probably the more southerly of the Northern Division clubs, assuming the FA don't have their map book skewed. The bottom line, it depends on the FA's leagues committee (or whatever they call themselves), what rationale they use for who is more suitable for what league (countrywide), road links, which clubs they move around, who does/doesn't get reprieves and then where the spaces are.
At the end of the day it might come down to whether Vics or Witton have the more southerly office space or dressing room. :eek:

To be fair Frank, he's probably seen this. It's not official at all, it's a fan that puts it together every year.

The closer to the end of the season it gets the more accurate he is. After playoffs etc have finished he's usually only a handful of clubs out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And there's always the AGM cup to look forward to.

It doesn't really matter to be honest. The town team will be very strong next season and could easily end up winning either league. The play offs will be the minimum target for the Albs next season I suspect, whichever league we are in.

Welcome back Paul,have you finally got over that 3-0 hammering by 1874 the Dog and Duck team.

Thanks Toddy. I stayed at home to wash my hair that night but heard you hammered us, so belated congratulations (yes I have been pig sick since and keeping my head down). :shifty

It doesn't really matter to be honest. The town team will be very strong next season and could easily end up winning either league. The play offs will be the minimum target for the Albs next season I suspect, whichever league we are in.
Heard that at the start of this season Paul!

Yes but Witton has a CW9 postcode and Winsford has a CW7 postcode and thats well worth paying over the odds in rent for.

The irony is that for most of the Green side of town which is the southern side of Northwich the Barton Stadium is nearer to their homes than Wincham and there is a Morrisons nearby!

There is an old story that many Vics fans lived after one point in rudheath (was it the farmers arms?) and wittoners on the other side. Is that not the case anymore?

This isn't the Paul we all know and love, he's starting to sound like a JRFC fan with all this fairytale fantasy, has he been gripped by Rushe and labotomisd?:confused::eek:o_O

Back