• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Wow

Don't suppose that the moronic element of Vics fans will turn up . If they do, we should welcome them for ,probably, the last time and show them how to be properly behaved fans (as always). What we shouldn't do is inflict them on our neighbours in Barnton, even in the car park..

I reckon that they'll all be back safely in the zoo by that point so we'll be ok

Not sure where to start.
I thought Wayne summed it up pretty well in his post match interview. We knocked it too long in the first half.

The contribution Matt Woolley makes stood out in the first half as well.

Second half that 3rd goal just made Scotty very angry & the venom in his first goal stood out. Followed by two more quality strikes that seems a little bit calmer.
Has he ever scored a longer-distance hat-trick??

We never really got going properly in the first half and moved the ball too slowly. Second half the class told and they were dead on their feet the longer the game wore on. Super goals by Scotty - hopefully the highlights will be released soon :scarf:

So, ladies and gents...

NVFC has given the official attendance split of the 557 crowd as follows:

297 - 1874 Northwich fans
260 - Northwich Victoria

im sorry, but not a chance!

Yeah, right !

Most of them sat in one quarter section of the stand.

I hope our club has a similar stance at Easter when we play them at Townfield and it would give our Board another reason for continuing the segregation policy in addition to our personal safety.

Last edited:
I suspect the old style regular Vics fans from the Drill Field days are as embarrassed by the antics of the Millwall element of their fan base as we would be.

Talk about putting a spin on things - no wonder their accounts don't add up
must have been a lot of Vic's fans still in the club that we didn't see

1581670069857.jpg

What absolute "b******s" !!, talk about number-crunching, "finger and toes" would have been more appropriate for the Vics attemdanve !!..

Do we get a share of the gate money?
No chance. However, the league fine for inadequate stewarding, pitch encroachment, missile throwing,crowd abuse etc could (and should be) sufficient to wipe out any perceived "profit" to Vics from the proceeds (which were swelled by the excellent and well behaved 1874 support).

Chance to re live it
Link
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If there’s one thing that always irritates me, it’s when teams celebrate in front of, and gesture at the opposing fans when they score, always strikes me as a total lack of class. Therefore, I’m even more delighted that we went and put three past them in the second half!

Last edited:
If there’s one thing that always irritates me, it’s when teams celebrate in front of, and gesture at the opposing fans when they score, always strikes me as a total lack of class. Therefore, I’m even more delighted that we went and put three past them in the second half!
Kit, I agree with you. But the best occasion was when we were Vics playing at Chester and their player (was it Darren Stamp?) scored and taunted us behind the goal. But we won thanks to Jimmy Quinn.

Back