• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Wow

barnton green

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
I drove up from London for the match that was called off on Boxing Day which was a bit of a disappointment .
Have just sat through agony 200miles from Northwich but thank you to the team for coming back from 3-0 down.
Amazing!
You are all brilliant!
Scott McGowan - You are now officially a GOD.

I would like to thank everyone for the manner in which you all conducted yourselves tonight. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the game and all got home safely.
See you at Main Road.
Steve.

Steve. Not just the fans but the discipline from the players tonight was exemplary. Would love to know the foul count on the match.
When we get the highlights I suppose we will see this. They must have had at least 3 highlights tonight. I think it will be one sided!

First half was very out of sorts, and they were clinical.

second half they grabbed a goal after an error at the back, but what a performance from that point on, totally dominant and deserved at least a draw.

it was a fantastic watch for all, what a Backing we had tonight????????

Scott McGowan, what can you say?! Incredible performance????????????⚫

Putting those of us "watching" via twitter from afar (thanks Jack) through the wringer, but I had every faith in us keeping up our late goals statistic - still at 25% in the last 15 mins. Testimony to perseverence, fitness, and calmness when the pressure's on.
:scarf:

Steve. Not just the fans but the discipline from the players tonight was exemplary. Would love to know the foul count on the match.
When we get the highlights I suppose we will see this. They must have had at least 3 highlights tonight. I think it will be one sided!
A 4 = 0 win for Vics on the bookings count. What a surprise. How the no 11 was allowed to get away with his assault on (was it Jacko) the far side was a mystery. They tried to kick Scottie at every opportunity tonight just as they did at W. Park last year. A last minute winner was all that was missing. Well played to all.

Brilliant come back, wasn’t there but possibly missed Woolley? We never play as well without him. Well done to the team for battling so hard and the never say die attitude.
I really appreciate the Twitter live updates too, it’s well used by me. It’s also balanced and non-partisan and clearly run by someone who has some level of maturity unlike some club’s twitter accounts ????

Hope Tony is alright after they spent the first 45 minutes throwing bottles at him?

Couldn’t be there last night as away in London but sounds like I missed another epic effort. Well done to the team and the brilliant fans.

The ref was seen and videoed I believe picking the plastic bottle/s up so it must be recorded in his report, can't have been good for tony knowing people are throwing things, All good in the 74 end as expected.
Fantastic numbers and support last night for the blues.

Yes we got going second half but struggled with vics direct approach first half, I think we missed matty especially first half to calm us down.

Superb performance, what more can be added to what has already been said apart from the disgraceful actions of the "Rent a Gob" that Tony was subjected to in the first half.

I am always happy to be a volunteer steward at our games with the exception of when we play "Jim's team" as I find the "Millwall attitude" of their fans, a mixture of arrogance, entitlement, immaturity and threatening behaviour too much for my advancing years. I suspect that envy of our clubs progress and its non-reliance on "businessmen" from Liverpool doesn't help their sense of empowerment or stability. Either one has class or not and our class both on and off the field is evident for all to see.

Last edited:
Felt like a win at the end last night, Harry Cain had a big impact when he came on and Scott’s finishing was absolute quality. No idea how you could segregate Barntons ground (if they do)but will leave that for our officials to work out!

Felt like a win at the end last night, Harry Cain had a big impact when he came on and Scott’s finishing was absolute quality. No idea how you could segregate Barntons ground (if they do)but will leave that for our officials to work out!
The best segregation at Barnton is that we have the inside and they have the car park!!

The best segregation at Barnton is that we have the inside and they have the car park!!
Don't suppose that the moronic element of Vics fans will turn up . If they do, we should welcome them for ,probably, the last time and show them how to be properly behaved fans (as always). What we shouldn't do is inflict them on our neighbours in Barnton, even in the car park..

Don't suppose that the moronic element of Vics fans will turn up . If they do, we should welcome them for ,probably, the last time and show them how to be properly behaved fans (as always). What we shouldn't do is inflict them on our neighbours in Barnton, even in the car park..
Joke!!

Back