• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton 1-2

So easy to get you lot going isn’t it? How come your fans are so quiet at the game? Vics fans used to get behind their team back in the old Boxing Day derby games

An unlucky result from a poor poor game all round. Neither team looked particularly impressive, the quality on display was lacking. We conceded a soft goal in the first half a header from a corner, one of the smallest players they had in the box completely unmarked and unchallenged and from where I was stood, was saveable (I may be wrong as angles can be deceptive) but we had no threat at all going forward. Matt W should know better than to kick a ball away and got himself a silly booking which then left him open to his sending off, had he been sensible that first booking doesn’t happen. But then the ref lacked any consistency, multiple times their lads threw themselves down in the box and no bookings. Joe duckworth should have seen red at least 3 times in the game for jumping and leading with his elbows. I know he caught Jonah twice and Matt F once.

Second half we came out flat again, we only really kicked up a gear which shows we can do it when Matt W got his second booking. Great ball by Eric and a great header by Jack to get the equaliser, but losing Matt F who was by a country mile our best player on the day made it an impossible task to get anything from the game.

Many people have have pointed it out and it’s obvious in the stands too, Max will not score goals. We need to get a striker in ASAP and now a keeper with Ellis leaving. The young lad who was stopping shots in the warm up before the game looked good. But hopefully DC can use his contacts to bolster the squad as a whole, we may now need another CB depending on how serious Matt F’s injury is. Onwards and upwards greens. COYG

So easy to get you lot going isn’t it? How come your fans are so quiet at the game? Vics fans used to get behind their team back in the old Boxing Day derby games
That’s because Vics were a far bigger club than your rabble and had 2 and a half times your support ….your support which incidentally has now dwindled. along with Vics. 74 are marginally smaller than your rabble ….for a club 10 yrs old we don’t do too bad.

I don't like to criticise refs but I've just watched the VEO footage & that's never a booking for Matt. I'm guessing as it's a second yellow we can't appeal

96.48 for Tom Tagan being taken out
98.25 shows one of the elbows as well. A straight red all day long

Having said that it wasn't the ref that let the runner go for their first or let Hughes turn & shoot.

Matty Fenton's injury doesn't look good on the footage. Hopefully, it's not as bad as it looks.

Hope your player is ok. Ooh have we got video footage of the goals? Didn’t get any of the massacre last year 🤣

It’s ok found it. Enjoy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It’s ok found it. Enjoy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At least you’ve got people to talk on here

tumbleweed GIF

I don't like to criticise refs but I've just watched the VEO footage & that's never a booking for Matt. I'm guessing as it's a second yellow we can't appeal

96.48 for Tom Tagan being taken out
98.25 shows one of the elbows as well. A straight red all day long

Having said that it wasn't the ref that let the runner go for their first or let Hughes turn & shoot.

Matty Fenton's injury doesn't look good on the footage. Hopefully, it's not as bad as it looks.
Dirty witton tactics against 9 men with the ref on their side too then. They must be so proud witton

Of all our home league games since we formed, we've won ZERO of our 16 highest attended matches.

We don't do big games at home...

1703681302104.png

Edit: For reference, the same stat for away games - it's not much better.

1703682825757.png

Last edited:
Poor game between two struggling sides, but the three points are all that matters in these games.

Well done to everyone involved in marketing the game, I’d have thought there were a couple of hundred neutrals there. Doubt they’ll be enticed back down to Barnton though if you insist on playing in near darkness!

I hope you stay up, but I’m not sure how likely that is based on yesterday’s game. Happy for you to finish 18th every year for the sake of our annual Boxing Day three points 😘

Poor game between two struggling sides, but the three points are all that matters in these games.

Well done to everyone involved in marketing the game, I’d have thought there were a couple of hundred neutrals there. Doubt they’ll be enticed back down to Barnton though if you insist on playing in near darkness!

I hope you stay up, but I’m not sure how likely that is based on yesterday’s game. Happy for you to finish 18th every year for the sake of our annual Boxing Day three points 😘
Agree on the whole with this.

Good luck for the rest of the season apart from when we play you at Easter 😉 Hope we can stay up as a ‘derby’ game in the Midlands League against Vics doesn’t quite get the excitement going the same!

Last edited:
After years of Nantwich or Warrington on Boxing Day, the last couple of years have certainly had more of an edge to them!

Completely off topic here, but I know you guys were fundraising towards getting your own ground in the past. I’m guessing this is now off the table due to financial constraints? You’ve helped to make Barnton about the best it can be so fair play, but it isn’t half a poor place to watch football.

I said it earlier in the season your problem seems to be scoring goals.
Unless you can score goals you don't win football matches no matter how good your defence is
Unfortunately there are not to many 20 goal a season centre forwards available.
We can't seem to keep a clean sheet but with Hughes up front we will score goals.
Oh to have a Karl Thomas or Malcolm O'connor again.

Back