• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winding up Petition issued against Vics?

I find it vaguely interesting that there is no comment whatsoever buy them or their "actual" fans over this. Surely by now even they must be getting pig sick of all this negative publicity and the "owners" seemingly blasé attitude to it all.
As Kit said, I'm sure it will be sorted out but why do people and establishments have to go to these measures in the first place? Have they (Vics) anything to say on this latest debacle? Or just a bit of embarrassed shuffling of feet in the corner of the paper-shop?

They will finally come to some agreement with Halifax and then post some smug comment on their website saying that it's sorted as if everyone should be grateful, just like they did last time. Absolutely shameless.

"Embarrassed feet shuffling" ? ..... Do you really think? According to one Facebook poster - "Yeah they screwed creditors for over £2m in 2008" ..... assuming this refers to Halifax, does that mean any club are fair game if they've owed money historically? Interesting perspective I suppose?

Anyone any idea why the 07 incarnation of JR owes Halifax money? ... he says, in a vague attempt to raise a bit of interest in finding out the answer ...
The only reason I can think of is unpaid wages for a loan player. They don't appear to have met in any cup competitions so it's not gate money.

Whatever it is it's going to make a mess of Witton's budget planning for next season.

Any truth in the rumour that Halifax have kidnapped Colin and are holding him until a £4k ransom is paid?

I'm missing half the fun on Facebook as Colin has blocked me for some reason.
I thought @Tez was talking to himself until I realised.

Have you set up a fake account on facebook to be able to view and copy my posts, or you getting one of your lap dogs to forward my facebooks posts onto you.

Vic's approach to debtors is to hope they just go away and give up rather that paying what is due. Payment is only forthcoming with the threat of court action.

Have you set up a fake account on facebook to be able to view and copy my posts, or you getting one of your lap dogs to forward my facebooks posts onto you.

Lap dog and mole ;)

By the way who am I replying too? Colin, Dewdrop?

In the good old days Vics fans and the ST use to pay off Vics creditors and debt.
Thought you were still the NVSA treasurer, if so put an end to all this bad publicity and sign one of those blank cheques.

Last edited:
Cheers Tony,
I like the hypothetical question "if you were to buy a product...and it didn't work then would you want to pay for it?"

Surely if you were to buy a product then you have paid for it? You might want a refund, but you have handed over the cash.
In this case it appears no money was handed over to Halifax.

And if this is a football related debt then is a transfer embargo on the cards?

But if you bought it with a credit card and it was over £100 you could get the money back from the card company and then the product supplier wouldn't get paid. Maybe that's how they did the transaction? ;) Banks will give credit cards to anyone,it seems.

Surely anyway if the "product" is a footballer that is a risk you always take (prime case Balotelli)? That's also why clubs have scouts and then draw up contracts of sale which include payments by instalment when certain targets are achieved.

A little bit of blame has to attach to Halifax, though, for even contemplating doing business with them before they saw the colour of their money. I really do hope Witton have a watertight agreement in place.

An extension of this concept would be a football match ... should all fans of losing teams get their money back, then? Clearly in Colin's world they should.

Hmmm ..... I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it all. It'll just be a silly misunderstanding. Winding Up Orders - football clubs do it to each other all the time ........ :rolleyes:

Jim will fix it though won't he Colin. ;)

Back