• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winding up Petition issued against Vics?

joebloggs

May 26, 2015
Hi guys noticed this, thought it may be of interest, apologies if it's old news -

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)
Insolvency Act 1986The City of Leeds-The City of BradfordThe Borough of Ribble ValleyTSO (The Stationery Office), St Crispins, Duke Street, Norwich, NR3 1PD, 01603 622211, [email protected]2338465
In the High Court of Justice

Leeds District RegistryNo 352 of 2015

In the Matter of THE NORTHWICH VICTORIA FOOTBALL CLUB 2007 LIMITED

(Company Number 06410883)

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company of 16 Berry Lane, Longridge, Preston, PR3 3JA presented on 21 April 2015 by F C HALIFAX TOWN LTD, The Shay Stadium, Shay Syke, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2YS, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard at Leeds District Registry, Leeds Combined Court Centre, The Courthouse, 1 Oxford Row, Leeds, LS1 3BG on 9 June 2015, at 10:30 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or its Solicitors in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 16:00 hours on 8 June 2015.

The Petitioner’s Solicitor is: LCF Law, One St James Business Park, New Augustus Street, Bradford BD1 5LL. Telephone: 01274 386555. Fax: 01274 390644. email: [email protected]. (Ref AMM.FCH2.4.)

20 May 2015

Haha, everything to do with that lot is old news now. Been there, done that.

Hope HMRC see sense and finally put this one to bed.:yawn

Haha, everything to do with that lot is old news now. Been there, done that.

Hope HMRC see sense and finally put this one to bed.:yawn

No mention of HMRC in the petition. The petitioner is a fellow football club. I think footballing debts still have preference over the taxman?

No mention of HMRC in the petition. The petitioner is a fellow football club. I think footballing debts still have preference over the taxman?

You are absolutely right, I meant the High Court. Too many of these in the past to keep track of all bodies that NVFC have wronged!

Poor Mr Harris and Witton really haven't got a clue what they've let themselves in for. Hope JRFC money hasn't already been attached to next seasons playing budget.

We all know they will wangle their way out of it, but it is further evidence of why we made the correct decision to set up our own club. The shambolic and embarrassing crisis that is always just around the corner with Vics.

Have I missed something? This is another one and I'm not confusing it with the winding up petition back in November?

Have I missed something? This is another one and I'm not confusing it with the winding up petition back in November?

No the one in November was dated as such and this one has a June date attached with also a different petitioner.

Here is one comment from their forum

"I don't think the world is about to end because some selfish fellow football club gets a bit impatient about getting paid. Halifax didn't have a great record in the past and in the circumstances I think they could have been more sensitive about it.
It'll all be sorted and then it's heads up for what will be a great season starting in August with Vics reclaiming their status as the best team in town."

Check the name of the poster - I think that's a win up.

But on Facebook posted without a trace of irony
Colin Buckley Yeah they screwed creditors for over £2m in 2008

Anyone any idea why the 07 incarnation of JR owes Halifax money? ... he says, in a vague attempt to raise a bit of interest in finding out the answer ...

Colin, can I reiterate Tony's point here; stay on task and refrain from personal abuse please.

I can't imagine they owe too much and it will be quickly sorted but it's ridiculous for Vics fans to have a go at Halifax for this. Im sure there have been repeated requests for the money over a long period of time and in the end drastic action has to be taken. Another embarrassing news story and the reason why we had to stop supporting them.

Back