• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Where are they now?

Harry Bower is now at Whitchurch

Harry Cain has rejoined Sandbach after leaving Witton
Dylan Wagster has been released by Runcorn Town, along with 8 others!

Shea Callister transferred to Burscough. Shame that, would have liked him back here. Or was it Goodie's influence in the first place that got him last season?Screenshot_20231117_113036.jpg

I’m very surprised Salford have let him go.

Well, that is a surprise! . If there was ever a 16-17 year old level-headed accomplished goalkeeper who was destined for a successful career as a professional footballer, then in my opinion Shea was up there with the best, and at Salford City he would develop further and could use this as a springboard to move up the ‘league ladder’. Therefore to see Shea leave Salford, and join to a team who are currently struggling in the North West Counties, is strange. Albeit I’m aware Shea and his family live in Merseyside, and this may have been a factor when seeking opportunities closer to home.

James Ormrod has returned to Barlick

Well, that is a surprise! . If there was ever a 16-17 year old level-headed accomplished goalkeeper who was destined for a successful career as a professional footballer, then in my opinion Shea was up there with the best, and at Salford City he would develop further and could use this as a springboard to move up the ‘league ladder’. Therefore to see Shea leave Salford, and join to a team who are currently struggling in the North West Counties, is strange. Albeit I’m aware Shea and his family live in Merseyside, and this may have been a factor when seeking opportunities closer to home.
They live in ormskirk so it’s right on his doorstep. But yes, surprised to see he’s been let go by Salford, particularly as I thought he was on a two year scholarship with them

Not the most memorable of debuts for Shea as they lost 5-0 at home. But they did have a man sent off

From the Counties list of registrations…
Tom Westall - West Dids
Sam Hare - Stockport Town - a bit odd as he was with them earlier in the season
Sam Freakes - Prestwich Heys

Harry Cain has rejoined Sandbach after leaving Witton
Now this is a player I would have back in our team in a heartbeat. Always thought we made a massive mistake letting him go on dual-reg to get match fit at the time, great player.

Now this is a player I would have back in our team in a heartbeat. Always thought we made a massive mistake letting him go on dual-reg to get match fit at the time, great player.
I’m not sure he can commit fully to the NPL.
He preferred to stay at West Dids than rejoin us & has now left Witton and dropped down 2 levels

Thought I’d have a look at why Cal hasn’t been playing at Stockport and this looks concerning

Attachments

• IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 31
Thought I’d have a look at why Cal hasn’t been playing at Stockport and this looks concerning
He was on the bench last night, with Scotty.
Stockport went out off the CSC to Cheadle on pens after Cheadle equalised through an own goal in the 95th minute

Josh Quarless is back at City of Liverpool
And so far has scored 9 goals for CoL this season!😡

At this point one wonders why he’s netted so many for CoL in the two seasons he’s played for them and why he only scored 1 league goal for us?

Maybe in the same way that Max hasn’t scored for us.

I’ll leave you guys to speculate why😡

And so far has scored 9 goals for CoL this season!😡

At this point one wonders why he’s netted so many for CoL in the two seasons he’s played for them and why he only scored 1 league goal for us?

Maybe in the same way that Max hasn’t scored for us.

I’ll leave you guys to speculate why😡
He did miss a lot of sitters for us. But service wasn't overly great.
He's scored a few screamers for CoL as well, which never came off for us.

Josh second top scorer in the league behind Trickett-Smith.

Josh second top scorer in the league behind Trickett-Smith.
And scored a shed load for CoL the season before last.

Said it many times but we never set up the team to play to his strengths. Far too many times he received the ball with his back to goal and little in the way of support.

Ditto for Jack Irlam and Max who succeeded him.

In the end I think that it was this negative set up - and Bow’s and Goody’s seeming unwillingness to try something different or new - that resulted in the end of their time with ‘74. I was one of many who became increasingly frustrated by these tactics.

He did miss a lot of sitters for us. But service wasn't overly great.
He's scored a few screamers for CoL as well, which never came off for us.
Think he clutched at chances for us as they were so few and far between.

If you play to players strengths, they will generally bring the rewards of this - I don’t personally think we ever played to the lad. Too often found himself coming deep just to be involved in the game then not being near the box at the key moment

Reactions: Ben
Back