• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Town Council Sponsorship

You are right Knutsfordian there is no H (Honour) in Witton since you took Mr Rushe's money(we all can throw insult's out).

I hate W*tton as much as the next man, and of course as a Northwich fan the rivalry runs deep - but I really don't get this obsession with 'they took Vics money it's disgraceful' line?

Did they know it was drug money? Did they know he was going to be sent to jail? Did they have any idea something illegal was going on? No

Unfortunately, as much as the fans suspected it and knew something fishy was going on (including me) there was never any proof - hence why he did what he did.

Did they morally know it was wrong taking the money? Obviously yes, Rushe destroyed a fantastic club and killed it - W*itton knew that.

BUT - did they do anything wrong groundsharing? No.. Witton needed the money - and as has been reported, non payment and they would of been out - made very clear in the contract.

Personally, if i was a W*itton fan (god forbid) - i'd be quite happy getting the money and spending it on the squad, on improvements - it WAS legal.

That's business, provide a service and take money for it - so why give grief to w*itton fans about this? Come on, let's at least be reasonable - it smacks of pettiness to me.

Let's do our talking on the pitch and concentrate on making us a bigger and better club than them - not obsessing about V*cs agreement.

I'm sure it's a fair assessment W*tton want a successful Northwich team as I want a successful W*tton team (off the pitch, not on).

I'm sure almost all would agree the best moments is winning a hard fought and tight derby game and then giving them sh*t - not some petty argument about a team who's about to die.

Up the '74

Knutsfordian I see like Paul when you lose an argument you disappear and sulk.

My key point is that this constant whinging about Witton, and trying to take the moral high ground on every discussion, is causing 1874 more harm than good. I admire a lot of things about 1874 - and yes there will always be banter between WAFC and the green side of town - but the banter needs to get back to the basics of football rivalry
Firstly you need to move on and concentrate on 1874 and secondly, if NVFC survive (and there is every chance they will from what I am hearing), you will need to find a new song to sing. The old one is getting a bit repetitive and isn't selling 1874 to the wider world which you will need to do if NVFC stay in Northwich which you aren't at the moment and hence the point about Northwich Town Council sponsorship (whose support you will definitely need to get away from Winsford).

So, no sulking here Toddy and I didn't think I had resorted to insults or was on the downside of this discussion. There isn't much more to be said.

I'm not winging about Witton,just pointing out where some of your money came from,and you certainly can not be proud about that.I know you would like to wipe it away but there are people who will live with the consequences of that trade for the rest of their lives. There's one thing Witton will never be able to take the moral high ground.As far as the Northwich Council show me one of my post's where I mention it other than point out the fact's on the different Council's and the fact none of the three clubs are in the Northwich Town Council boundaries,to make the point that 1874 playing out of town is no different to the other two playing out of town.Also show me one of my post about the plight of Vics other than to say let them get on with it,so please if you wish to take me to task over my post get it right what I post.the only thing I will admit to is Witton should be ashamed of the Jim Rushe connection,and can not be whipped from history as if it never happened.

Witton know where the rent money came from, they've just used the excuse that it can't very proven to justify their groundshare agreement... END OF STORY.

The above posts from Toddy and Tony absolutely prove my point.

As for the Wincham not being part of the Northwich Town Council mandate, then please explain why Wincham has 2 Town Councillors...

Bridge Ward

Brian Cooke & – 01565 734487
Mrs Dee Cooke – 37 Linnards Lane, Wincham, Cheshire CW9 6ED

And your post proves my point Knutsfordian not a mention of Witton's connection to Rushe or acceptance they should hang their head in shame.Also I'm waiting for the post's about Vics and the council I'm supposed to have made,by the way I live in Wincham and get my Wincham New's letter not Northwich Town Council Letter,telling me where the budget is spent,no matter what you say Witton and vics play in Wincham not Northwich.By the way you don't have to live in Northwich to be on the Town council,there are councillor's from other parts of the area like Hartford.

Wincham, Hartford Lostock etc All postal suburbs of the Main postal town of Northwich which Winsford is not you are being stupidly pedantic to try to prove your point, and as soon as the case against Rushe was brought We tried to end the Lease but legally could not ! so you dont need to spout your not ethical crap again its wasted.

In fact Knutsfordian there is a councillor from Winsford on Northwich Town Council Witton Ward,so where would you say 1874 play by your logic.
So what did Witton do C.J. put up the rent.Answer this if Vics had taken Witton to court what Judge in the land would have made you take money off a club with a convicted drug dealer as Chairman?.

Just because 2 of the Northwich Town Councillors live in Wincham does not mean that Wincham comes within the boundary of Northwich Town Council. If you look at the NTC web site and peruse the list of councillors for all the different wards you will see that there is a mixture of addresses from different wards representing individual wards. If you look even further at the Draft Neighbourhood Plan you will also see on the Council map boundaries that neither Upper or Lower Wincham comes within the boundary of Northwich Town Council - Lostock Gralam does as does half of Rudheath. So I look forward to people getting there facts right before they try to justify there position using erroneous information.

Apologies Green Welly, The part I looked at was the map in context with neighbouring parishes.Admonishment accepted.

With regard to Rushe - that's done both in this thread and elsewhere, there's nothing else to add. Overall my point remains the same - in attacking WAFC, the town council and everyone else whom you come across, your not helping your own cause

For the record Knutsfordian I have never attacked the Town council as well you know,I have just pointed out the fact's on where Witton play which has now been sorted.As far as the Rushe episode if you think people will forget you are sadly mistaken.

Time will tell re Rushe (but I think your wrong and NVFC will survive despite the continuing attacks by 1874) and you can't say that the town council isn't being attacked by 1874 posts within this thread !

Back to my original point in this thread -

"To be fair I think in the past councils (northwich, vale royal borough, cheshire west) have sponsored or supported teams in unequal measures (. 1874 will be looking for support from Northwich town council for way way beyond £350. Moaning about this level of support for a one off game will certainly not help your cause. Nose and face come immediately to mind. "

Hearing about the 1874 fans who contacted Northwich Town Council to try and stop their very generous sponsorship of our boxing day match against Northwich Victoria was the most petty and childish thing I have ever heard. What a bunch of heroes!!

Knutsfordian I am not responsible what other people post.you indicated I had which I have not,also I have never posted anything derogative about Vics only they should be left to go their own way I don't care either way.Also lets make it clear 1874 are not attacking anyone it's posters on here remember this is an independent forum and everyone has the right to their opinion including you and all other posters whoever they support(unlike your forum}.So if you wish to make a point about me please make sure it's about what I say not someone else.As far the Town council sponsorship of Witton,whats wrong with people asking about it'it's their money being spent and the council should be open to scrutiny.you only have to look on the council site to see the minutes of the meeting,surely asking about how they spend the rate payer's money is people's right.Remember it you and other's who keep harping on about us playing in Winsford,so don't winge when you get it back.The fact's are a lot of our fans pay rates in the Northwich area and have the right to ask where the money is going.You say we might need Northwich Council's help in the future,that may be true,what's your point,are you say that by asking question's we will be victimised as a club because rate payer's asked Question's,that means you have a very low opinion of the council,or do you know something we don't.

My personal interest is that WAFC is a private limited company, or am I wrong in this assumption ?.

Welcome back Paul still nothing sensible to contribute as usual,only insult about something you have been told,not a clue about the fact's again.

Back