• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Town Council Sponsorship

archie

Legend
Sep 16, 2013
Heard in Northwich that the Town Council are sponsoring the Witton/JRFC Boxing Day clash to the tune of £350. Can this be true of an organisation that was not willing to contribute to 1874's appeal for funds for defibrillators ? If true, was there any conflict of interest of Council members when the issue was proposed and voted upon ?

If true, it's a scandalous decision that ALL Northwich clubs are not sponsored and receive equal sponsorship money.

You though are not "a Northwich club" - maybe ask Winsford town council for a contribution.

You though are not "a Northwich club" - maybe ask Winsford town council for a contribution.
Haven't you got shit stirring to do on your own forum?! :oops:. Or is it that quiet as usual!?
Or are you saying it's better to give you £350 to share with you drug dealing tenants than donate towards equipment that could save lives!!?. :(:(.

Sadly ...... CJ makes a good point, Winsford would be beyond the "town" boundary.

That said an awful lot of the 1874 supporters are residents of Northwich, so a contribution (any contribution) to one of the worthy causes might not have been a bad bit of PR? Something for the council members and ('74 electorate) to ponder when it comes to voting time ;)

Personally I'd have a lot more concern if they were sponsoring the derby game with Vics as hosts. Hopefully they aren't planning a reciprocal gesture at Easter.

Or are you saying it's better to give you £350 to share with you drug dealing tenants than donate towards equipment that could save lives!!?. :(:(.

It's Witton's game, they will be the club receiving the cash. Vics won't benefit one penny from it. Correct CJ?

It is true we play in Winsford and do not come under Northwich Town Council,but it's also true Witton play in Wincham and they do not come under Nothwich Town Council,Wincham has it's own Councillor's,so that argument does not hold water.

Heard in Northwich that the Town Council are sponsoring the Witton/JRFC Boxing Day clash to the tune of £350. Can this be true of an organisation that was not willing to contribute to 1874's appeal for funds for defibrillators ? If true, was there any conflict of interest of Council members when the issue was proposed and voted upon ?

Why ?, as we residents who actually pay the Town tax have not been asked on this waste of our funds when our request obviously was not important enough to contribute to !!.

Well GreenKev what about the gate debate my friend ? Id say about 500 wittoners the rest V**s or neutrals making up 605 and your gate was ? was told we even had a few 1874 fans watching us lol.

463 but we don't count no attending season ticket holder's,if you play Vics in their home fixture there will be at least 17 less.

To be fair I think in the past councils (northwich, vale royal borough, cheshire west) have sponsored or supported teams in unequal measures (. 1874 will be looking for support from Northwich town council for way way beyond £350. Moaning about this level of support for a one off game will certainly not help your cause. Nose and face come immediately to mind. As CJ points out your currently not in Northwich so probably would not qualify on any account

:finger And C.J., we are bothered because??
The fact, if it is that!?, just shows that many of your "fans" can only be bothered to turn up when you play bigger teams :D.
Boasting about part time supporters.......:oops:.

Last edited:
My I point out with respect Knutsfordian,that Witton are not in the Northwich District Council area which is the same as 1874,also Vics play outside, some fans from all three club will live in the Northwich area but most of the fans will live in the Cheshire West Council Area,where ultimately the money for the local councils come from.So the three club's have a right to be treated in the same way,for your argument to hold water it would have to have been Wincham Parish Council sponsoring Whitton because that's where you play,Not in Northwich

Given the changes within town and borough councils, I think that Witton (without the H) falls within the remit of Northwich Town Council - as they obviously do too. You play in Winsford and are a Winsford club with no affiliation to Northwich at all, other than in your dreams.

Just out of interest did Wi**on give out any free tickets for the derby game.

Knutsfordian I would have expected better from you,but I suppose when you are presented with the fact's which you don't like you have to resort to insults.

You are right Knutsfordian there is no H (Honour) in Witton since you took Mr Rushe's money(we all can throw insult's out).

Back