• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Town Council Sponsorship

Thing is, Northwich Town Council should not be using their money in this way, they should not be favouring one sports club over any others and I would not have felt comfortable with 1874 receiving this money. Think of all the deserving sports clubs around Northwich who need this money. Problem is, Witton fans never seem to question ANYTHING as long as cash goes in the bank.

Paul do you know the fact's or were you told them there's a difference.

Toddy my point is that instead of criticising the sponsorship given by the council, 1874 would be better off encouraging such sponsorship on the basis that at some point you may wish to benefit from their generosity. The fuss created by some 1874 supporters, even in any unofficial capacity, with regard to this minimal intervention is likely to make the council less inclined to repeat the event and that may affect any approach that 1874 make for assistance in the future !

Councils (be it Town, borough or county) have in the past provided more support for some clubs than others (CWAC's support for Chester FC being a good example in comparison to the support that any of the Northwich clubs have received), but its no good whinging about it. You have to find a way of making it work for you (1874). Criticising their actions certainly isn't going to encourage them to provide support for any club going forwards.

There's also no value in taking the subject of this thread , dragging in extraneous events, and turning it into an attack on the morals of any other club. Whether you like it or not, the collective views of individuals on the forum give an overview of how supporters feel and that reflects generally on the club. If you think differently I think that's naive and something I think your management committee should discuss because (in my view) its not helping your cause.

I have never aimed to be insulting to 1874, but have tried to provide thought provoking comment about how 1874 is perceived away from the Winsford terraces and how you might see the other side of the argument. I am clearly not articulate enough !

I have nothing else to add.

Toddy my point is that instead of criticising the sponsorship given by the council, 1874 would be better off encouraging such sponsorship on the basis that at some point you may wish to benefit from their generosity. The fuss created by some 1874 supporters, even in any unofficial capacity, with regard to this minimal intervention is likely to make the council less inclined to repeat the event and that may affect any approach that 1874 make for assistance in the future !

Councils (be it Town, borough or county) have in the past provided more support for some clubs than others (CWAC's support for Chester FC being a good example in comparison to the support that any of the Northwich clubs have received), but its no good whinging about it. You have to find a way of making it work for you (1874). Criticising their actions certainly isn't going to encourage them to provide support for any club going forwards.

There's also no value in taking the subject of this thread , dragging in extraneous events, and turning it into an attack on the morals of any other club. Whether you like it or not, the collective views of individuals on the forum give an overview of how supporters feel and that reflects generally on the club. If you think differently I think that's naive and something I think your management committee should discuss because (in my view) its not helping your cause.

I have never aimed to be insulting to 1874, but have tried to provide thought provoking comment about how 1874 is perceived away from the Winsford terraces and how you might see the other side of the argument. I am clearly not articulate enough !

I have nothing else to add.

I agree with this.

We're (1874) making ourself look very stupid in this thread.

We as fans are the club, so the views we have and share reflect on the club - fact.

I'm not happy the council has given them the money - but Knutsfordian is right, instead of throwing out toys out of the pram, let's work to build relationships with the council and get something ourselves?

If (and it's a big if) they help with our stadium in any way and Witton kicked off what would we be saying?

Again, were just making ourselves look stupid in this thread.

Not seen anyone 'throwing their toys out of their pram', just asking reasonable questions about the use of this money.

Kit the only one making themselves look stupid is Hi Jean,if he thinks he got me fooled I know his game.

Has anyone on Northwich TC been into the town centre recently? With the greatest respect, I can't help thinking that they'd be better off spending their money on higher priority projects than anything football related.

It's unfortunate but football is a minority interest in the town now.

Live football is a minority interest in Mid-Cheshire overall ..... unfortunately ☹️

Has anyone on Northwich TC been into the town centre recently? With the greatest respect, I can't help thinking that they'd be better off spending their money on higher priority projects than anything football related.

Nicki have you not seen the new cinema, restaurant, Asda etc up the top end though? It's all coming on fantastically well and I think Northwich will look the best it ever has done when its all finished. Also the waterfront by Waitrose looks great too. So credit to the Council for that.

I think you must be talking about the precinct area. I agree something needs doing there with all the closed shops etc.

Yes - I did mean the old precinct. What will happen to that now? I guess the new development will take footfall away from the centre.

I haven't seen the new development yet. I'm writing this from the one-way system. I've been stuck on it since Boxing Day!!

Hi Jean please do,I can assure you I will not be squirming.And then I will know who you are.

Yes - I did mean the old precinct. What will happen to that now? I guess the new development will take footfall away from the centre.

I haven't seen the new development yet. I'm writing this from the one-way system. I've been stuck on it since Boxing Day!!

:D

Haha, the road system/new roundabout is having a few teething problems deffo :eek:

The new development will be fantastic when its all finished. I have heard that retirement flats are going where the precinct is but that's only hear say. Something needs doing with it, it would be a shame if the rest of town looks great and the precinct is left as it is currently. Then again we don't want to lose all the towns original features and character completely.

Reactions: Tez
Back