• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight's game...

Can you appeal cards in NWCL? Does the club get to 'feedback' on referee performance?

Also, Brandon/Beadle would be a far more effective strike force.

I think the Brandon/Beadle pairing is quite a potent strikeforce, but I imagine that going into a game away to a top 4 team that was possibly considered to be a bit too adventurous a starting line-up.

I couldn't fault the effort of both beadle and shorty in the first half, I just feel that they don't really compliment each other and have very similar styles which is why they seemed to get isolated from each other far to easily in the first half, when brandon came on it allowed beadle to drift off into nice little areas of the pitch were he is more dangerous, the referee defied all belief and I still cant believe what I saw last night with all of his ridiculous decisions.
Can't wait for Prescott now BRING IT ON! :scarf:

I definitely think starting with Beadle and Brandon and giving shorty a 30 blast at the end is the way to go.

Reactions: Ben
Can you appeal cards in NWCL? Does the club get to 'feedback' on referee performance?

Not a comment on last night, but in general:

Straight red cards can only be appealed with clear video evidence that the decision was wrong. The only exception is mistaken identity.
Both clubs feed back officials performances at the end of each league game.

Last edited:
10 out of 10 for commitment/passion/belief from the lads last night, brilliant. Gutted missing Saturdays game due to work commitments, at least I can log into live updates and watch our match of the day highlights. Up the 74's:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Good to see everyone last night.
I take it this was a typical 1874 away game, give away two silly goals in order to show enough spirit to win 3-2 - pity there isnt one tonight.
I can only assume the ref was on work experience and next week he will be given the rules of football to study , and the week after, a talk on how it is not required to favour the home side on every possible occasion. The rumpus a tht end that led to the sending off was surely aproduct fo the fould that laid our hero low and no action taken by a man who booked 1874 players for trivial offences.
Dare i say it took me back to Cheshire League days when if the ref did not take appropriate and even handed action, it was for the likes of Colin Barnes, John Leigh, bob Meadows or best of all Gary Coxon to do it for him.
But that was the best 3 quids worth I 've had for many a long day -hope i can get up again before too long.

I think
I definitely think starting with Beadle and Brandon and giving shorty a 30 blast at the end is the way to go.
Agreed. I believe Beadle and Brandon to be a lethal strike force at this level.

Blimey you lot are impatient! I left it uploading to youtube while I went to work and was going to publish it to the official site(which I have now done) when I got in, only to find that my son has been very helpful and made it "public" before I had a chance to do anything!:D

One thing to note though is that, I believe (and Mark can clarify this), if you access the videos via the official website the club gets revenue for every hit you make ;) which is why we have set up 1874TV on here to feed directly from the official website

Last edited:
To say the ref lost the plot would be an understatement. The two yellows for Connor were both totally inept decisions. The ref needs to look at himself this morning and realise he made a negative contribution to what was a cracking game - both sides deserve credit for the football played.

Matty Beadles gooooooaaaaaaals were excellent but his cross for Brandons goal was his finest contribution to the game.

Great fightback and tenacity shown by the team and the fans.

Bad points - the number of unforced errors, particuarly in defence, that really should have cost us dear. And the number of reds / yellows. OK, we all know why, but in the end they mean players missing games and Ian having to possibly put out weakend sides.

Plus points (which far outweighed the bad) - Another friendly club with a nice set-up and excellent pitch. Early, brave and effective changes by Streety that changed the momentum of the game - don't think he's had sufficient credit for these here. Great fightback, guts and determination by the players - particularly that they also had to contend with the ref! Fabulous goals. Superb and vocal following that helped the lads get over the line. Oh, and three more points!

A hugely enjoyable night all round.

Plus points (which far outweighed the bad) - Another friendly club with a nice set-up and excellent pitch. Early, brave and effective changes by Streety that changed the momentum of the game - don't think he's had sufficient credit for these here. Great fightback, guts and determination by the players - particularly that they also had to contend with the ref! Fabulous goals. Superb and vocal following that helped the lads get over the line. Oh, and three more points!

A hugely enjoyable night all round.

Couldn't agree more AF, you probably won't see a better fight back than that. All credit to the lads for showing the guts to press on, but praise to the Manager for making the necessary changes and motivating the players to find something within themselves.

The goals were stunning, not just the final 'strike' but the build up play, the final pass to put Brandon & Beadle on. Absolutely terrific viewing. (Thanks to Chris for the excellent highlights again!).

Also respect to the Runcorn officials, extremely welcoming and friendly when we arrived and that continued to the very end.

Watching the highlights, certainly got the blood flowing again!

Back