• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight's game...

Hi Jean

Legend
Apr 25, 2014
Well then....what can I say! Poor first half - fantastic exiting second half!

Great to see the team spirit between the lads!

And OUR fans - fantastic once again!

What a comeback!

Less said about that ref the better.

Fantastic victory. Sounded very eventful on the Updates feed. I await opinions on the referee with some trepidation ... We couldn't keep up with it near the end.

The point is that the majority of the comments will be about the Referee and not the commitment, dedication, and sheer guts of our team to turn the game around and concentrating on the referee is doing them an injustice.

I for one thought that our team responded to the fans and vice versa and at the end we were unstoppable.

In my opinion, the best referees are those that you don't notice. Nuf said!

Referee seemed to have it in for northwich! lost count of how many bookings ...... 9? Mitch was stupid and gave the ref no option with the red card.... Why didn't we learn that the slightest touch those Mard arsed Runcorn town players would go down and moan like a bunch of kids.... Ref lost control in the end..... Nice to stick one over on them :)

Saying that the team Ian has built, you couldn't fault their commitment and team spirit, great comeback....... Certainly got our monies worth tonight!!

Well said Flasheart. Less said about the ref the better. It's all about the great comeback from the team.

Let's get stuck in to Prescott on Saturday. Doubt they'll be looking forward to it.

Fantastic win and comeback and attendance confirmed as 307. Yet another terrific 1874 turnout from the FANS.
13 points from 18 and 4th in the league. I think that's an excellent start to life in a higher league.

Reactions: Tez
You had to be there to see that game,it was what Non-League football's all about,and why we love it.Pity more people don't go along to these grounds.There may not be the skill of the over-payed so called stars,but the entertainment and commitment was there,so well done to both teams.

For the first hour I thought they showed us how we need to improve to be a top 5 side in terms of pace and passing. I think our fitness is far superior to other sides and this really helped tonight. Fantastic support again, glad it was rewarded by a great come-back.

Reactions: Tez
Great result tonight. Superb tenacity to come back from 2-0 down was marvellous to see. For me, this was clearly aided by Streety's midfield switch around at half time; we started competing in the middle which was lacking in the first 45 for me. The other pivotal moment was the added strength of brandon up top, and support from the fans. In total agreement with the rest of you too - the Ref was abysmal!! Bring on the fa cup

Unfortunately you cannot ignore the ref. I had some shockers when I reffed rugby but he was dreadful. The problem is that with all those red and yellow cards it is going to look awful for us on the disciplinary side. Having said that both the sendings off he did not have much choice, even though Mitch only moved his head down towards the gentleman who had just tried to cut his legs off. What upset me was the shear inconsistency of the man and the apparent bias. The penalty looked like a penalty to me - as the challenge immediately beforehand looked like a foul against us.
However, a brilliant turn around and 3 good goals made it a very enjoyable evening (and one of my rare mid week 1874 matches - next week I am trying Tadley Calleva in the Wessex league!)

Reactions: pdw
I'm surprised no one mentioned Beadle's first goal,has anyone seen a better one?.

I only made the last half hour due to my Ice Bucket Challenge (Can be viewed on my Facebook page) ;) .......

The referee's inexperience showed with his own personal lack of discipline, he either had a bad day at work or hates fan owned football clubs. He did his absolute best to destroy the lads moral but they showed immense character and determination to pull of an amazing win with three outstanding goals....... 'Goals'....... That's something the referee could take off us.

Any referee that issues that many cautions (10 yellow, 2 red?) has lost the plot, lost control of the match and doesn't deserve to referee at any level. At some point I remember thinking it can't get any worse than this but by god it did, I'm sure if the ref could have issued a red card to the fans he would have. How on earth are fans supposed to respect the 'Respect Campaign' with idiots like this, destroying the beautiful game. Worse thing is we can not appeal any of the cards, not even with video evidence, which is disgusting, why should our club get in the shit with the league because of a referee's that's out of his depth and out of control.

Looking forward to the FA Cup match on Saturday but where do these two red cards leave us?

Very, very proud of the lads, every single last one of them...... JUSTICE PREVAILED

Don't like blowing our own trumpet so the away following wasn't too bad either ;)

Where do I start?
What a comeback!
When you thought you had seen everything in football a game like that comes along. Thoroughly enjoyed it for some of the wrong reasons but for some amazing ones.
The ref tried his best to make it HIS game, but in the end he was overshadowed by our lads commitment, fight and will to win.

I thought our defense were all over the show for most of the game and had Runcorn taken their chances we would have been well beaten. Mike Brandons introduction seemed to spark a fantastic revival. Three great goals deservedly won the game for us in the end.

I wandled back from the pavilion at half time and realised we were one nil down! Oops. Well what can you say best £5 I spent on a game. Forget the christmas cards handed out!!! But 3 great goals for the boys and conkies reaction walking in on 90 mins sums it up! We are the GREEN ARMY and we will envisage to conqueror are opponents jean

Ref !, enough said on this !, but to watch a game in which 1874 overcame pure bias was magical, Saturday cannot come soon enough.

To say the ref lost the plot would be an understatement. The two yellows for Connor were both totally inept decisions. The ref needs to look at himself this morning and realise he made a negative contribution to what was a cracking game - both sides deserve credit for the football played.

Matty Beadles gooooooaaaaaaals were excellent but his cross for Brandons goal was his finest contribution to the game.

Great fightback and tenacity shown by the team and the fans.

Back