• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tomorrow; vs Runcorn Linnets

Cracking game, real football. Higher attendance than any of the unibond games, north, south and premier.
A special mention for the Linnets fans, good banter given and taken in the right manner. Just like the old days of local derbies.
Thought every player deserved M.O.M

Agreed

Excellent game with both sides out to win, 563 attendance on a wet Tuesday night and the support was outstanding.

Worth £5 of anyone's money.

Was a very entertaining game, my first of the season and brought my dad and brother along, both long time vics fans. couldn't fault the effort both teams missing someone who could put their foot on the ball and provide that bit of quality.

Great game between two very good sides, personally think we should of edged it due to the chances we had, shows what quality we have in our squad

Bring on Abbey Hey!

I thought the weather may put some off. I am so glad it didn't, great support, pleased we set a new attendance record. Green army indeed..

Fantastic performance from our boys in green. Back 3 and Matthew were great to stop Runcorns attacking threat, won much praise from the Linnets fans I was stood with.

The midfield treble are getting to grips with each other and we looked very strong in this area, Matt Ward and Mike Brandon looked like forming a very good partnership too.

Wide players weren't really in the game, possibly the 2nd poor one in as many games from James Tand. Needs to improve at the weekend.

Runcorn were very effective at what they did and the surrounding of the referee was sometimes laughable. How the bald CB stayed on the pitch is beyond me. A stronger referee would of made for a better spectactle.

If they are the bench mark for this league then we should hopefully see a strong season from our boys.

It's the first time at a home game where I was impressed with the away team as much as us. We are usually the best team even if sometimes we don't show it. They were a great team and their support were worthy of such a team. I still think we could of won last night and if we had a little more luck (and better officials) should of, but to be honest if it wasn't for Conkie we would of lost. Great game Matt, even though all involved played really well, he was my Man of the match.

Back