• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Today

Well just about calmed down from yesterday. A great all round performance yesterday but as always a few to mention.

Firstly Greg's handling was top notch, took all the pressure off our defenders when the ball came in high. Also one cracking save. I was in agreement with the MoM, Jack Pritchard gets better and better, quality player who can bring it out and go forward. As ever "young" Sam Hind ran his socks off in the middle and again contributed with the pinpoint cross for Scotty's header. That's right header!!

Our captain controlled the play really well and with Mark Jones again in top form that was the midfield stitched up for me and why we won.

Can't wait for the draw at 1.00, will be listening with interest. I'm sure Paul will be picking those balls out and give us a good draw.

Couple of other points, great attendance and good to see some of our "old" players there. Also Wincham Park must be the way forward. I know it will take hell of a lot of negotiating to get the right terms but has to benefit both clubs surely.

Personal opinion is that id rather see Phil Lea up front!! o_O.....but the Kyle Riley debate is for another day.
Today was about a great bunch of lads, a tribute to a fine man and enjoying the ride the Wayne and Paul are steering us on this season :D.
On the day of the clubs greatest victory you choose to post such a cheap jibe? It isn't a debate for another day as you've (and about just two other people) shared your thoughts and caused an unnecessary storm for 1874 already. I don't understand why you would want to go and upset morale in the best squad the club has had. This squads doing alright.

Brilliant day yesterday. Made up for the management.

Personal opinion is that id rather see Phil Lea up front!! o_O.....but the Kyle Riley debate is for another day.
Today was about a great bunch of lads, a tribute to a fine man and enjoying the ride the Wayne and Paul are steering us on this season :D.

Blackie, so I guess you didn't go to WD&C away earlier in the season, where Scottie was unavailable and Kyle was the 'one' up front. He was awesome that day and ran his socks off and was a massive contributor to the win..... Wayne and Paul believe in him otherwise he wouldn't be in the squad.... we need to get behind the team. I'm sure your comment was said with tongue firmly in cheek, but you can lose your 'humour' in written form

Blackie, so I guess you didn't go to WD&C away earlier in the season, where Scottie was unavailable and Kyle was the 'one' up front. He was awesome that day and ran his socks off and was a massive contributor to the win..... Wayne and Paul believe in him otherwise he wouldn't be in the squad.... we need to get behind the team. I'm sure your comment was said with tongue firmly in cheek, but you can lose your 'humour' in written form
Actually I did! One really good performance. I also saw him against Macc Towns kids where he looked poor and uninterested against a bunch of inexperienced teenagers.
I'm behind the squad and cheer on anyone in the green shirt when they are playing (and that includes Kyle), i just think Kyle doesn't fit the fast pace we play at and we lose something when he's in the team! (and to be fair to Phil Lea, he can shift when he has too :D)
Nothing personal against Kyle, he seems a nice bloke, but if some want to blow the comment out of proportion trying to get some cheap likes that's up to them! (storm and morale upset!!.......really!!! o_O.)
There was no need to mention Kyle in the first place in any context, but Josh did....but of course that's ok!!o_O.
Anyway....back on topic!!!!......

Last edited:
Back