• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

the Toddy/HiJean debate moved from 1874 chat

toddyb

Too much time on my hands
Dec 23, 2014
Hi Jean good to see you back.I'm a bit disappointed you weren't getting at me.I must take this opportunity to finish the story of my great Aunt Jean,you know the one she was good at Knitting,she got a job on a farm cleaning the yard anyway one day she was walking across the yard carrying a bucket of Bull Shit when she tripped on some Dog Muck(I think someone was spreading it about)anyway no matter,she dropped the bucket fell headlong into the Bull Shit,by the time they got her out she had been infected with a terrible affliction(which she had to endure for the rest of he life)it was called Wittonamania,apparently it attack's the brain.

Hi Jean good to see you back.I'm a bit disappointed you weren't getting at me.I must take this opportunity to finish the story of my great Aunt Jean,you know the one she was good at Knitting,she got a job on a farm cleaning the yard anyway one day she was walking across the yard carrying a bucket of Bull Shit when she tripped on some Dog Muck(I think someone was spreading it about)anyway no matter,she dropped the bucket fell headlong into the Bull Shit,by the time they got her out she had been infected with a terrible affliction(which she had to endure for the rest of he life)it was called Wittonamania,apparently it attack's the brain.

Mods: Forum rules, no swearing. I believe that Mr Barlow has used a swear word and therefore should be banned. I'll be very disappointed if forum rules are enforced for certain users (as we have discussed at length in the past) and not others.

What's this got to do with the thread topic, exactly?

If you two wish to exchange messages, there is a private messaging service in this forum.

Hi Jean a bit near the bone.By the way which word was a swear?.

Hi Jean a bit near the bone.By the way which word was a swear?.

Every time I, or anyone who doesn't use there real name you reply with absolute drivel that has nothing to do with the original topic - that's called spam.

Not only spam, this time you've personally attacked me with swearing and called me a Witton fan. Spam and swearing are both against the forum rules

I've private messaged the moderators about this.

Swearing and spam are against forum rules, and to be perfectly honest, your letting yourself down - your a different man sat behind a keyboard than you are when I buy a golden goal ticket off you.

Well if that's the case introduce your self next time and I'll sell you two,oh and when did I insult you it was my great Aunt Jean I was talking about,your not my Aunt Jean are you?.

Mods: Forum rules, no swearing. I believe that Mr Barlow has used a swear word and therefore should be banned. I'll be very disappointed if forum rules are enforced for certain users (as we have discussed at length in the past) and not others.
I've read toddyb's reply where has toddtyb swore? and where has he insulted you?

To be fair, every time Hi Jean posts, they are greated with the same meaningless drivel as if their opinion does not matter.

I'd say that's pretty insulting.

Can everyone get back on topic please? There is a danger that people might get injured falling off the high horses they have mounted. Toddy's extended metaphor (if that is indeed what it was, rather than an irrelevant personal recollection) contained language which some may find unpleasant, but did not swear at anyone.

Well I think that every time Hi Jean posts it is just to be antagonistic and a bit of a wind up merchant..... i'm sure he(she) wouldn't do it if they were to use their real name.... anyway i'm sure they must have some homework to finish up before school tomorrow :p

Insulting to who Andy?.

Come on, you're an intelligent man, you know what you're doing.

This forum needs traffic to survive, and if this is how new members will get treated, it's not much encouragement.

I've read toddyb's reply where has toddtyb swore? and where has he insulted you?

An extract taken from his post - with the swear word astrixed out:

'anyway no matter,she dropped the bucket fell headlong into the Bull S**t,by the time they got her out she had been infected with a terrible affliction'

If my son addressed anyone else calling what they post or say as 'bull s**t' I would be far from happy.

I assume you do accept that the use of that word is a swear word? If you'd just like to check up on that, please run a quick search on Google :)

Seems to me yet another case of certain owners and members sticking up for people with particular views.

I can imagine the back lash if I or certain other members with particular views posted to Toddy with the drivel my and certain other thoughts are met with, let alone swearing at him.

Well I think that every time Hi Jean posts it is just to be antagonistic and a bit of a wind up merchant..... i'm sure he(she) wouldn't do it if they were to use their real name.... anyway i'm sure they must have some homework to finish up before school tomorrow :p

Are we really going to have this topic again?

Blackie, turncoat, kit to name but a few - should they all be banned?

Perhaps we should add a step to the sign up process, maybe it should be mandatory to issue a copy of their passport ID?

Alan M, clearly it doesn't matter that I took offence to toddys language?

Perhaps I should keep quiet before my views get censured and added to the 'discouraged user' list (like Andy, for having differing views) for having a view outside of the status quo.

A swear word is an expletive. This word was used as a substantive. Linguistically therefore it was not swearing.

I may not be an expert in football management, but I would consider myself a fully qualified linguist, and am convinced the likes of Noam Chomsky and David Crystal would share my analysis.

Now can we all get back to the topic please.

Sorry have to reply Andy,can you not see what a certain poster is trying to do.
Hi Jean you don't fool me,and all I can say if my post about Aunt Jean upset you,they must strike a note with you somewhere.

Are we really going to have this topic again?

Blackie, turncoat, kit to name but a few - should they all be banned?

Perhaps we should add a step to the sign up process, maybe it should be mandatory to issue a copy of their passport ID?

Alan M, clearly it doesn't matter that I took offence to toddys language?

Perhaps I should keep quiet before my views get censured and added to the 'discouraged user' list (like Andy, for having differing views) for having a view outside of the status quo.

I didn't say to ban anyone, I am all for people to have an opinion and to voice it in the right way, I believe it is healthy and generates good debate... however, when people post under a pseudonym and their posts are puerile and childish and just posting to get a reaction and be a windup merchant....

Copy of PM from the mod. Unbelievable and pathetic to be perfectly honest.

Alan M

Although many of us would consider being called a Wittoner even worse than swearing, it is not by definition a swear word. Others with unattributable user names have in the past rightly and wrongly been classified as supporters of different teams. It is an unfortunate consequence of people interpreting such 'anonymous' posts based merely on their content.
I cannot see anywhere else in Toddy's post (or others) where you have been sworn at. The use of "bullshit" is perhaps undesirable, but contextuallyappropriate and used as a substantive not an expletive.

Reply:

So, the use of the word 'bullshit' is acceptable on this forum?

Can this please be clarified in the forum rules?

Perhaps the wording 'regardless of people being offended by certain phrases, swear words are allowed if certain users post them' should be added?

Are you really saying if certain users said this you wouldn't be issuing discourage user commands or IP bans?

This is much worse than 2 accounts on 1 IP address, but it's the usual story of certain views and certain people can say what they want

Good to see the spirit of Rushe living on - censorship, dictatorship and arrogance of certain members to people who hold differing views.

Toddy: please tell me, what have I posted that has caused you such offence? Am I allowed my view? Or is it only acceptable if it aligns with yours?

Back