• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Summer Signings

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
I assume all of these have signed contracts rather than being announced too early.

Padiham have signed Dom Craig from Vics & Matty Holmes the keeper from Linnets
Brian Mathews has also left Vics & they've signed some bloke from Clitheroe

The Brian Matthews one is interesting. Will Congleton go in for him? Both the players leaving Vics were on the fringe of their Vase side last year.

I assume that Cairns will go back to Runcorn Town.

We have 2 big signings though in Tony, and Scotty . The close season will be interesting. I hope we invest in 3 or 4 more players. Not contracts though as I wouldn't wish our club to commit money without seeing the player commit to us such as the 3 mentioned.

We can speculate but there's only GoBo who know.

Some good players from last year IMO:
Burscough No.7 Fuzzy haired midfielder/winger
James Kirby, Harry Cain and a young lad Lucas Baker from Sandbach
Congletons experienced midfielder fron Port Vale

Just some thoughts, any comments.

Of course we will hopefully be seeing Sam Freakes, Ryan Jackson and Joe Wooley at some point

Last edited:
For me we need an experienced, recognized centre half, to organise and create a partnership with Pritch; also a CF to generate a bit of competition up front with Scottie and Kyle P.....

Brad Cooke has left Vics to become manager of West Dids & retired as a player.

Marcus Perry steps up 2 leagues from Irlam to Atherton Colls

Couple left Squires Gate for the Evostik the other day as well

Kris Holt heading the other way, dropping down two Steps and joining West from Linnets.

Kris Holt heading the other way, dropping down two Steps and joining West from Linnets.
I think this has shocked a few people at Linnets. He is good friends with Brad Cooke so is obviously helping him out, but I'm sure he isn't doing it just for friendship!

It will soon be 1st July when we can announce our signings. Be interesting to see who wants to move on as well.

Matty Bolland Irlam to West Dids. Looking like favourites to bounce straight back up?

Brian Mathews has left The Travellers FC and joined Cheadle Town
Nathan Cotterell from Nantwich to Winsford and Sam Madeley from Glossop to Winsford

Surprising signing for Cheadle, bit of a drop down for Matthews. Must be more to that, coaching opportunities, something like that perhaps?

The keeper from City of Liverpool has signed for Charnock

I see Linnets have announced the signing of Jamie Rainford.

I see Linnets have announced the signing of Jamie Rainford.
He must be getting on a bit now. Wonder where Tom Bailey will go, assuming he leaves Linnets?

Nantwich have signed Greg Hall from Witton apparently. I thought he’d shaken hands on an agreementl to “re-sign” for Witton next season? Must have misunderstood.

River Humphries has also left Witton due to work commitments

Back