• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squires Gate (A)

I no it’s tough guys I really do. Getting beat hurts anyone but your team had such a fantastic couple of cup runs last year that the expectation levels have risen sharply, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Most teams you have played have strengthened and results are proof. SG held Droylsden away in the FA cup, Burscough have beaten Vics twice, Padiham held Vics today. Say what we like about Vics but they have got a very strong squad and by all accounts you were unlucky not to hold out against them.. COL? Champions elect?
Stick with it guys, support your team thru thick and thin including those cold wet Tuesday nights. I’m sure it will turn around.

Fact is we've not been good enough so far this season. Hall, Parker and Meads leave us and a lack of players to replace them with the exception of Beadle, who is currently lacking match fitness. We've gone backwards and are a shadow of the team from last season. We've not been good enough and if we don't improve, we'll be facing a relegation battle. Ultimately, it's up to the management to sort things out and fast.

Hall in all probability left for more money. My hat is off to your board for not panicking and not upsetting your clubs budget.
Meads left for personal reasons and let’s be honest he didn’t play that much last season. Christ I can assure you we missed him more than 74 have when he signed from us to you last season, and our club went the extra mile for him whilst he was with us. It was difficult for us to stomach when he said he was leaving but you know what, he was so impressed with what Goodison and Bowyer had to say that he said he had to go.

Finally I don’t want to talk about Parker, swine scores against us today.

HAVE THE LIGHTS GONE OUT AT BLACKPOOL? Where was the spark? I don`t want to shock everyone but watt a poor performance and we didn`t generate many chances. The current squad is not good enough and we don`t play any better at ohm. I don`t want to pylon the pressure but the central powerhouse is missing up front. Any way enough of this nonsense - see you all in 10 days time or whenever.

HAVE THE LIGHTS GONE OUT AT BLACKPOOL? Where was the spark? I don`t want to shock everyone but watt a poor performance and we didn`t generate many chances. The current squad is not good enough and we don`t play any better at ohm. I don`t want to pylon the pressure but the central powerhouse is missing up front. Any way enough of this nonsense - see you all in 10 days time or whenever.
???? nice word play there???????? should use that as the match report.

Hoping for a volte-face next game - plug the defensive gaps and socket to 'em up front.

Can't help thinking there's a lack of ambition. We lose three of our key players (Hall, Parker and Meads) who were pivotal to our success last season and fail to replace them adequately. Yes, we've got to live within our means and I'd hate to do anything to jeopardise the financial future of the club but that will happen anyway with our poor performances on the pitch so far this season. Fans will not continue to watch us playing like this and gates will plummet.
Our success last season in the cups and record crowds were a real springboard to build and grow as a club. Disappointingly, we've failed to do that this season and have infact gone backwards. As a club, we average one of the highest crowds in this league and in my opinion we're massively underachieving. Why is it that COL, Runcorn Town etc... can attract the best players in this league and we can't? I think it's time for us to be a little more ruthless as a club and make changes where necessary before we do find ourselves enduring a relegation battle on gates of 150 and us dying slowly at Winsford.

Can't help thinking there's a lack of ambition. We lose three of our key players (Hall, Parker and Meads) who were pivotal to our success last season and fail to replace them adequately. Yes, we've got to live within our means and I'd hate to do anything to jeopardise the financial future of the club but that will happen anyway with our poor performances on the pitch so far this season. Fans will not continue to watch us playing like this and gates will plummet.
Our success last season in the cups and record crowds were a real springboard to build and grow as a club. Disappointingly, we've failed to do that this season and have infact gone backwards. As a club, we average one of the highest crowds in this league and in my opinion we're massively underachieving. Why is it that COL, Runcorn Town etc... can attract the best players in this league and we can't? I think it's time for us to be a little more ruthless as a club and make changes where necessary before we do find ourselves enduring a relegation battle on gates of 150 and us dying slowly at Winsford.

that's a good point Ben last season linnets widnes gates of 80 for widnes 200 fir linnets they managed to get good experienced players at the club we are going backwards maybe we do need a change or were gonna be mid table team fir years to come

Meads - good player though he was and likely a good dressing room influence - played in fewer than half our games last season. I don’t think he was ‘key’ to last season’s success.

My own opinion about Hall... he was part great ‘keeper, part total liability (as Witton have found out a couple of times this season). Now I’m not saying we have the ‘keeper situation solved yet but I don’t think Greg was the future either. Certainly not once he tried to hold the club to ransom.

Jakey is a big loss. Hopefully his work situation can sort itself out and he can return. Remember that he started the season with us though. There was no need to replace him until a week or so ago.

Probably less about who has gone so much as who hasn’t come in. We’re definitely looking light up front... playing a good part of yesterday without a striker on the pitch.

As for how Widnes got promoted.... they’ve got a decent backer! ;)

Sam and Ryan Jackson are both very good players that are (we’re?) currently missing. Ryan has had terrible luck with injuries.

Hmmm I see Jake Parker has signed for Wythenshawe Town. From what I was told last week (if correct and of course it's always a big if) the amount they are paying players is ridiculous for that level.

Sam and Ryan Jackson are both very good players that are (we’re?) currently missing. Ryan has had terrible luck with injuries.

I’m still puzzled by why the team had to return to pre season so early (especially after the gruelling fixture backlog at the end of last season). Professional footballers were still on the beach on June 30th when we rolled up at Lostock for our first friendly.
The players, in my humble opinion, needed a longer break to recharge their batteries. This also coincided with one of the hottest spells of weather we have witnessed for many years, which in turn produced some horrendously hard pitches. If I remember correctly, Ryan J, Jack P and Scotty all picked up injuries in the same game, allegedly down to the condition of the pitch.
I’m not sure what this achieved ????????

Back